Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front license plate options

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 09:03 AM
msacks
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I would imagine it is just for privacy. Some profiles here have names and location. Having license plate number is just another piece of information that could potentially allow scammers and thieves to impersonate you and lead to identity theft.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:07 AM
991.2forme
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your neighbors and anyone in your neighborhood (contractor, food delivery, etc.) has the ability to see you (physical description), your home address, potentially your name and your license plate.

Its not confidential data.

So I have never understood -still don’t - why anyone would take the time to blur it on a forum. #paranoia
Old 07-04-2018, 11:42 AM
billwot
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.2forme
Your neighbors and anyone in your neighborhood (contractor, food delivery, etc.) has the ability to see you (physical description), your home address, potentially your name and your license plate.

Its not confidential data.

So I have never understood -still don’t - why anyone would take the time to blur it on a forum. #paranoia
When shopping online for my Cayman, it amused me that so many sellers would blur the plate, but the ad would already include their personal contact info, and the VIN of the car.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:09 PM
GMotion
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Klepper
Check these out. I put one of these on the front of my Cayman and it's working great!

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/product...plate-bracket/
Huge thank you, Klepper! I just got my new GTS and spent weeks researching the best solution for this (coming from a state which requires it).
Hoping you don't mind that I tacked onto your post with some photos and description of my install of this plate mount. Without your great suggestion, I might still be searching.

Installation is pretty straight forward and there are excellent instructions included with all the items for prepping the mounting area. I can tell you that I am so happy with this solution. I think it looks great and certainly is solid! The adhesion is very strong and there is no vibration or noise coming from the mount while driving (that I can detect). There are similar plate mounts that have this basic geometry in variations, but at $50, I found this to be perfect for my GTS!

Oh, and the only reason I'm not showing my plate at this time is that I'm waiting for my personalized ones. I'll share when they come in.

Just a beauty shot with the new lighter side LED lights installed, as well.

GMotion

Last edited by GMotion; 07-07-2018 at 09:16 PM. Reason: added a photo
The following 4 users liked this post by GMotion:
AdamIsAdam (09-15-2021), Lukejt (11-21-2019), Mousejunior (04-14-2021), UncleDude (12-13-2020)
Old 07-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by GMotion
Huge thank you, Klepper! I just got my new GTS and spent weeks researching the best solution for this (coming from a state which requires it).
Hoping you don't mind that I tacked onto your post with some photos and description of my install of this plate mount. Without your great suggestion, I might still be searching.
Happy to help! Thanks for adding the great pics and installation tips!
Old 09-03-2021, 12:07 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,466 Likes on 2,239 Posts

I did not follow this method and mounted it on the spoiler piece because it doesn’t feel stable to me fully extended, and i didn’t want it touching the bumper. The mount on the spoiler seems firm. I will check tomorrow if it touches the bumper at speed. The Peanut Butter Test 😂

Other member’s install

Mine

Old 09-11-2021, 11:38 PM
wicx
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2021, 03:02 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,052 Likes on 1,752 Posts

Originally Posted by GMotion

Installation is pretty straight forward and there are excellent instructions included with all the items for prepping the mounting area. I can tell you that I am so happy with this solution. I think it looks great and certainly is solid! The adhesion is very strong and there is no vibration or noise coming from the mount while driving (that I can detect). There are similar plate mounts that have this basic geometry in variations, but at $50, I found this to be perfect for my GTS!

Oh, and the only reason I'm not showing my plate at this time is that I'm waiting for my personalized ones. I'll share when they come in.

Just a beauty shot with the new lighter side LED lights installed, as well.

GMotion
Originally Posted by UncleDude
I did not follow this method and mounted it on the spoiler piece because it doesn’t feel stable to me fully extended, and i didn’t want it touching the bumper. The mount on the spoiler seems firm. I will check tomorrow if it touches the bumper at speed. The Peanut Butter Test 😂

Other member’s install

Mine

Thank you both for your posts. I'm ordering mine now. I have this on my GT350 and love it.

THANKS AGAIN.

Quick Reply: Front license plate options