718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

718 Boxster GTS Build Order is IN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018 | 10:49 AM
rdmustang
Advanced

Default 718 Boxster GTS Build Order is IN!

I finally submitted my order for a 2019 718 Boxster GTS. Here is my build info:

Night Blue Metallic
Roadster Top in Black
Leather Interior in Black
Porsche Entry & Drive
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
6-speed Manual Transmission
PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 20 mm)
20" Carrera S Wheels
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Steering Wheel in Leather
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Deletion of Alcantara®
Sport Seats Plus (2-way)
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Seat Belts in Guards Red Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Interior Trim in Leather in Interior Color i.c.w. Leather Interior Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Porsche Crest on Headrests Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Steering Column Casing in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Door Sill Guards in Stainless Steel Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Apple CarPlay™

I have until early June to make changes. Any feedback on my configuration?
Old 05-09-2018 | 01:41 PM
Wine.o
Advanced

I know what I'd change... but that hardly matters. The only relevant feed back is, "Pretty amazing machine you're getting." Very jealous as you've a couple options there I just couldn't swing. (Also in that I still don't have a build date for my S.) Congratulations sir! Going to be a hell of a ride.
Old 05-11-2018 | 12:05 PM
rdmustang
Advanced

Any opinions on the "Manual Gear Lever with Brushed Aluminum Trim" option? It's $0 but the pics in the configurator make it look unattractive.
Old 05-13-2018 | 09:31 PM
mr gregash
Banned

Congrats! Really love the new 718 GTS models. Just a fantastic package and car!
Old 05-15-2018 | 06:37 PM
rdmustang
Advanced

Ok, based on some feedback and additional research I decided to go what I consider "all in." Here is my updated configuration:

Base Price 718 Boxster GTS
Night Blue Metallic
Roadster Top in Black
Leather Interior in Black
Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Porsche Entry & Drive
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Light Design Package
2-Zone Automatic Climate Control
Seat Heating
Bi-Xenon™ Headlights in Black with Porsche Dynamic Light System Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
"PORSCHE" Logo in Satin Black
6-speed Manual Transmission
PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 20 mm)
20" Carrera S Wheels
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Steering Wheel in Leather
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Deletion of Alcantara®
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Seat Ventilation
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Seat Belts in Guards Red Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Interior Trim in Leather in Interior Color i.c.w. Leather Interior Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Porsche Crest on Headrests Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Steering Column Casing in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Door Sill Guards in Stainless Steel Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Apple CarPlay™
Old 07-31-2018 | 10:18 PM
rdmustang
Advanced

I just got confirmation that my car has arrived at the Port of Emden! I can't wait
Old 07-31-2018 | 10:24 PM
Wine.o
Advanced

Originally Posted by rdmustang
I just got confirmation that my car has arrived at the Port of Emden! I can't wait
Nice!! Mine got there last Friday. Hoping it gets the earlier boat to Benicia on 8/11, then begins the obsessive tracking of a slow boat around the globe.
Old 08-01-2018 | 10:20 AM
rdmustang
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wine.o

Nice!! Mine got there last Friday. Hoping it gets the earlier boat to Benicia on 8/11, then begins the obsessive tracking of a slow boat around the globe.
Next boat for me leaves on Aug 8. I'm really hoping it gets on that one
Old 08-01-2018 | 11:37 AM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Very, very wise to have updated to the 18-way seats.

Can't wait to see pics.
Old 08-01-2018 | 01:32 PM
rdmustang
Advanced

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR
Very, very wise to have updated to the 18-way seats.

Can't wait to see pics.
I'm still not 100% sold on the seats. I didn't have any issues getting comfortable with the 2-way seats but only rode in them for a total of an hour or so. I really only added them as a safeguard to reduce the chance of regretting not getting them.
Old 08-01-2018 | 02:24 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

I'm still not 100% sold on the seats. I didn't have any issues getting comfortable with the 2-way seats but only rode in them for a total of an hour or so. I really only added them as a safeguard to reduce the chance of regretting not getting them.
Trust me; you did the right thing.

I picked up my BGTS in Phoenix and drove it 19hrs home. A couple of months ago we drove from Arkansas to Arizona (19hrs) to start our vacation. Stayed in that part of the country then drove from Colorado to Arkansas (15hrs). Zero fatigue during the drive or the next day.

Fast forward a month later and we went to Dallas for my birthday. That is a 5hr drive. After two hours we were both squirming and sleepy. That 5hr drive was worse than the 15hr drive in the Porsche.

It's amazing the difference a seat makes in a road trip. I felt much, much safer in the Porsche because there was no fatigue making me drowsy. I don't know if you are the type to take long road trips, but if you are, these seat will be a game changer in terms of your ability to travel XX hours per day safely.
Old 08-01-2018 | 03:05 PM
rdmustang
Advanced

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR
Trust me; you did the right thing.

I picked up my BGTS in Phoenix and drove it 19hrs home. A couple of months ago we drove from Arkansas to Arizona (19hrs) to start our vacation. Stayed in that part of the country then drove from Colorado to Arkansas (15hrs). Zero fatigue during the drive or the next day.

Fast forward a month later and we went to Dallas for my birthday. That is a 5hr drive. After two hours we were both squirming and sleepy. That 5hr drive was worse than the 15hr drive in the Porsche.

It's amazing the difference a seat makes in a road trip. I felt much, much safer in the Porsche because there was no fatigue making me drowsy. I don't know if you are the type to take long road trips, but if you are, these seat will be a game changer in terms of your ability to travel XX hours per day safely.
I agree that seats matter. I drove a 2007 Mustang for 2000 miles over a week time and thought it was going to kill me. In my case the seats are identical (Sports Plus) except for the number of ways the seats move. My only saving grace is when I rent cars I tend to move seats higher up and that's not possible on the 2-way. On the other hand, in my current car I sit as low as possible to be comfortable which the 2-way allows riders to go lower. I'm sure I'll be happy but it may be hard for me to feel justified in paying the $2k to upgrade.
Old 08-02-2018 | 11:48 AM
Wine.o
Advanced

I agree that seats matter. I drove a 2007 Mustang for 2000 miles over a week time and thought it was going to kill me. In my case the seats are identical (Sports Plus) except for the number of ways the seats move. My only saving grace is when I rent cars I tend to move seats higher up and that's not possible on the 2-way. On the other hand, in my current car I sit as low as possible to be comfortable which the 2-way allows riders to go lower. I'm sure I'll be happy but it may be hard for me to feel justified in paying the $2k to upgrade.
The "2-way" sport plus seats actually are adjustable up and down, just not electrically. I spent a little time in them and opted for the manuals on the day before my build-lock. Of course, it's tough not to stress about the options I *didn't* go for.
Old 08-08-2018 | 11:34 AM
rdmustang
Advanced

My car made it on the Delhi Highway with a scheduled delivery to Houston on 8/21. Dealer said it will be a few more days to make it to the dealer. He said I may be able to take delivery on 8/25!
Old 08-08-2018 | 07:57 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

I ordered my wife’s base Boxster with leather ventilated/heated manual Sport Plus seats which do fit me well. However, my wife misses not having lumbar adjustment in the seats. When I ordered my GTS, I ordered the 18 way seats so that my wife could have the lumbar adjustments she likes. I also kept the Alcantara inserts because I like the way they feel and how they keep you from moving / sliding around in the seat. I do wish the Alcantara inserts were ventilated. We did spend 10 hours in the GTS coming home from Atlanta and the 18 way seats were very comfortable. The Alcantara seats also seem softer than the leather seats and to me more comfortable than the leather because I’m not always adjusting myself in the seat. Best of luck with your new GTS.

Quick Reply: 718 Boxster GTS Build Order is IN!