Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner. Need colour combination advise

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 04:21 AM
pollok
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone. You guys really talked me out of the Miami blue/Bordeoux combination.. Pls let me know what you make of this. This is PTS but I'm really considering wrapping it in Nardo Grey. I like the colour plus there isn't a Nardo Grey car in my country so it'll be pretty unique as well.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Guaji
Racer

Received 267 Likes on 139 Posts

Looks nice in that color. Also, if you like the look of the yellow ( ceramic brake ) you can also wrap the calipers....I took my neighbors Macan which is Impulse Red Metallic with base silver calipers and had them wrapped Porsche yellow.....even has the “Porsche” applied to it. Just something to consider.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Guaji
Looks nice in that color.
+1

Nardo is an Audi color, as you probably know, which historically has been reserved for their RS models. One of my favorite Audi colors which would go nicely with the interior.

Of course, you know me, I'm still pulling for you to hang in there and order Miami, but I was unaware of the fluid tax situation where you live and the potential financial downside of waiting to purchase. That adds a whole other variable, unfortunately. Good luck!
Old 04-09-2018, 01:21 PM
pollok
Track Day

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
+1

Nardo is an Audi color, as you probably know, which historically has been reserved for their RS models. One of my favorite Audi colors which would go nicely with the interior.

Of course, you know me, I'm still pulling for you to hang in there and order Miami, but I was unaware of the fluid tax situation where you live and the potential financial downside of waiting to purchase. That adds a whole other variable, unfortunately. Good luck!
Thanks mate. Yeah as I said already price is around 220k so don’t wanna take a chance and risk it going further up. Really breaks my heart to not have it in Miami blue. Me and my wife both love the colourz Just wondering if the combination will actually look as awful up front as it sounds
Old 04-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pollok
Just wondering if the combination will actually look as awful up front as it sounds
I will be at my dealer tomorrow. They have a wall of paint and leather samples. If they have a Miami sample and a Bordeaux sample, which I suspect they should, I will put the two side-by-side and shoot you some pics. If you've already done this at your own dealer, let me know and I won't bother. Otherwise, maybe this will help you a little with your decision/dilemma.

I'm hardly one to talk about offbeat color combos. My favorite color happens to be Orange in all its wonderful shades! Ha! Can't tell you how many people scrinch up their nose at an orange car, but that's what tickles MY pickle If it speaks to you and you dig it, that's all that matters. What the rest of us say is irrelevant.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:03 PM
pollok
Track Day

I will be at my dealer tomorrow. They have a wall of paint and leather samples. If they have a Miami sample and a Bordeaux sample, which I suspect they should, I will put the two side-by-side and shoot you some pics. If you've already done this at your own dealer, let me know and I won't bother. Otherwise, maybe this will help you a little with your decision/dilemma.

I'm hardly one to talk about offbeat color combos. My favorite color happens to be Orange in all its wonderful shades! Ha! Can't tell you how many people scrinch up their nose at an orange car, but that's what tickles MY pickle If it speaks to you and you dig it, that's all that matters. What the rest of us say is irrelevant.
Thanks a lot mate. We don’t have a Porsche dealer at our country. You have no idea what we have to go through to fulfil our passions. Every part even if it’s a oil filter I have to import from Dubai or London myself. If anything goes wrong I have to wait to import the part and then fix it. All these after paying 220k for a Cayman. Still nothing can stop us from fulfilling our dreams.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:46 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

We in the West are spoiled beyond belief with multiple dealerships in close proximity, parts availability in abundance, and bargain pricing compared to what you have to pay. Thanks for the reminder that this is not the norm everywhere and that we are so damned lucky. To be a P-car enthusiast in your neck of the woods requires a dedication and passion that must be applauded

Brutha, after reading your tale of woe, I went down to the dealer on my lunch break and snapped these. I'm no photog and I have no idea how to fiddle with the color settings on my Canon PowerShot S95, but these pics seem pretty true-to-color to me. Couldn't remember if the Bordeaux interior comes with black dash, etc., so took some shots with a Bordeaux/Black sample as well.

These first shots were taken inside the dealership under so-so florescent light.

I took the samples outside the dealership so these were taken in bright/direct So Cal sunlight.

And, finally, these were taken inside the dealership again, but in a better lit, more open, atrium-like setting compared to the first batch.

Here's verification of the color samples.

Personal impressions:

After seeing these samples side-by-side, I feel my initial proclamation describing this combo as "Godawful" was unduly harsh. It's not Godawful, but don't get me wrong -- it's still WAY, WAY out there! LOL But it's far from disgusting and I didn't have any vomit well up in my throat while viewing (how's that for an endorsement!). Seriously, it's not my cup of tea, but, again, it's all about what you and your wife dig.

Sum up: It's better looking than I expected, but it takes one willing to go where others fear to tread

I'll wrap up by saying just how awesome Miami is IMO. Probably one of the better color intros by Porsche in recent memory. Bright and sporty without being garish or overly flashy (OK, maybe a little flashy!). Really suits the 718.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Guaji
Racer

You’ve gone above & beyond! Like you said.....not as bad as I imagined neither...but still an “interesting “ combination.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:25 AM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

That blue/red is not what I was expecting either.

If you are definitely going to have it wrapped then IMO go different rather than another shade of grey.

Can you delay the wrapping without penalty and see how you like the car in its original colour?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:43 AM
pollok
Track Day

We in the West are spoiled beyond belief with multiple dealerships in close proximity, parts availability in abundance, and bargain pricing compared to what you have to pay. Thanks for the reminder that this is not the norm everywhere and that we are so damned lucky. To be a P-car enthusiast in your neck of the woods requires a dedication and passion that must be applauded

Brutha, after reading your tale of woe, I went down to the dealer on my lunch break and snapped these. I'm no photog and I have no idea how to fiddle with the color settings on my Canon PowerShot S95, but these pics seem pretty true-to-color to me. Couldn't remember if the Bordeaux interior comes with black dash, etc., so took some shots with a Bordeaux/Black sample as well.

These first shots were taken inside the dealership under so-so florescent light.

I took the samples outside the dealership so these were taken in bright/direct So Cal sunlight.

And, finally, these were taken inside the dealership again, but in a better lit, more open, atrium-like setting compared to the first batch.

Here's verification of the color samples.

Personal impressions:

After seeing these samples side-by-side, I feel my initial proclamation describing this combo as "Godawful" was unduly harsh. It's not Godawful, but don't get me wrong -- it's still WAY, WAY out there! LOL But it's far from disgusting and I didn't have any vomit well up in my throat while viewing (how's that for an endorsement!). Seriously, it's not my cup of tea, but, again, it's all about what you and your wife dig.

Sum up: It's better looking than I expected, but it takes one willing to go where others fear to tread

I'll wrap up by saying just how awesome Miami is IMO. Probably one of the better color intros by Porsche in recent memory. Bright and sporty without being garish or overly flashy (OK, maybe a little flashy!). Really suits the 718.
Bro I can't thank you enough for doing this for me. Its definitely flashy but I had a IS200 when I was 16 it was silver and I painted it orange. So yeah I kinda like bright and flash. I totally respect individual colour choices but going through the hassle that I have to go through I'd rather be flashy than blend in. Thanks a lot again and I think while it might not be the best combo, its not distasteful either and as I said I have the fall back option of going back to the Agate Grey colour any time I want to.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:45 AM
pollok
Track Day

Originally Posted by GregWormald
That blue/red is not what I was expecting either.

If you are definitely going to have it wrapped then IMO go different rather than another shade of grey.

Can you delay the wrapping without penalty and see how you like the car in its original colour?
Bro unfortunately we don't have any shops that can wrap the car here in my country. So i have to wrap it from London before shipping it here. Therefore, no chance for me to see the original colour before deciding to wrap or not
Old 04-10-2018, 06:10 AM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by pollok
Bro unfortunately we don't have any shops that can wrap the car here in my country. So i have to wrap it from London before shipping it here. Therefore, no chance for me to see the original colour before deciding to wrap or not
If the money is less an object than the colour, then I say go for the Miami Blue. As you say, you can always have the Agate as a back-up. The wrap will also offer some protection from scratches and stone chips.

Our taxes here in Australia aren't as high as yours but my base Boxster was much more expensive than in the USA. OTOH the wait time for my order was only 3 months. I'm sure you'll love the car no matter what the colour.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:32 AM
pollok
Track Day

Here is a list of options that I have on the car

Old 04-11-2018, 01:02 PM
pollok
Track Day

This is the actual car guys

Old 04-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Guaji
Racer

Very nice! Good luck with the color choice on the wrap....always can undo it .

Quick Reply: New owner. Need colour combination advise