Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Macadamia and sand

Any thoughts on this combo for a coupe?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful. Or even nicer try Macadamia and Natural Brown, and add some CF interior parts.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:38 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It is beautiful! My local dealer had 4 new cars, 3 aqua blue and 1 macademia and sand s coupe. Nice combo. I hope you get one soon!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sand is nice..i have it with basalt black and its a nice contrast not too hard to keep clean other than the steering wheel and the shifter...they get dirty easily. only real negative is certain times of the day, there is a def glare off the dashboard into the windshield not horrendous, but annoying at times For that reason, I prefer darker interiors going forward. Plus,
Old 06-14-2009, 08:09 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

http://www.planetporsche.net/attachm...d-sycamore.jpg
Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 PM
stevebmd
Racer

My wife and I love it. I was afraid of resale .... It is not a common pcar color. Jmk your car is sweeeeeet. Hopefully Medicare reimbursement does decrease with universal healthcare pressures....
Old 06-14-2009, 09:00 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Steve,

That color is sweet. Not your average brown. I had considered looking for one in a cab, but i would have to order it with cocoa top and cocoa interior. i wanted an uncommon color, malachite green, atlas, etc. i did not like the cream white at all especially when put next to carrera white. if i ordered one, I'd be inline waiting until December or so. Anyway, get it! is this one the S??? I agree, I am waiting for the new healthcare plan...I think I am going cash if that happens! Or my new career as a detailer! Thanks for the complement on my new car. I really love it! Let me know!

Jen
Old 06-14-2009, 09:27 PM
peterm
Racer

Hey watch what you say about creme! There are times I love the color and other times - especially next to a white car- that I don't I have the NB with NB mats that I have replaced with black- the mats were way to "delicate" and I worried too much about dirtying them. The black sets up a nice contrast and blends with the cf wheel.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Jen. Love that malachite as well. I figure everyones got silver or black. I like to be. Bit different
Old 06-14-2009, 10:23 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebmd
My wife and I love it. I was afraid of resale .... It is not a common pcar color.
Screw resale. Buy it for yourself to enjoy. Don't buy it for someone else.

That's a super awesome combination, Macadamia & Sand Beige. If you both love it, it would be a shame if you don't get it just because you're worried about whoever owns the car after you. It may well be that you find a buyer who loves it as much as you do and is willing to pay more for it because it's such a beautiful combination.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:32 PM
stevebmd
Racer

i think you are all right!!!! thanks for the RL support
Old 06-14-2009, 10:34 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by peterm
Hey watch what you say about creme! There are times I love the color and other times - especially next to a white car- that I don't I have the NB with NB mats that I have replaced with black- the mats were way to "delicate" and I worried too much about dirtying them. The black sets up a nice contrast and blends with the cf wheel.
Sorry Pete, I just didn't care for the color for me! I think it looks great in the coupe, but not the cab.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the sand was too pale. The Nat brown is a fantastic warm color. I did the seat backs and console in Macadamia too, which looks great.
Attached Images   
Old 06-14-2009, 11:49 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts
Default macadamia needs curves

I've had my macadamia brown with sand interior cayman for one year now. I see a mac turbo convertible regularly by my son's school (his private, mine public, ha!). I've seen a mac boxster at my local dealer regularly and a mac 997 coupe, non-s and convertible. I think mac looks great on a turbo, cayman and boxster but it's almost too much brown on a base 997. The difference is the curves on the body. You need the extra curves to let the brown metallic, with faint specs of gold, contrast to dark, almost black to make it work. Otherwise, I think you get too many more solid panes of brown. But what do I know, porsche features the color on their ads.

Regarding the interior, I loved the sand and mac combo. For a convertible with more direct light, I can see why sand might be too bright.

I get tons of compliments on the cars, even here in SF where there are many really nice cars. However because it's a porsche, you need to be ready for people to vocalize their opinions. Driving by younger people I do here, "dude, it's brown". At the same time, I've had a few teenagers whip their cameras out. Once this gal was taking her pic in front of it at Safeway so I let her take some pics in the car. Image Google "brown porsche". That's my car and the comments are pretty much what to expect with a non-standard porsche color.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:08 AM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Looks spectacular in the sunshine... but on cloudy days, the sparkle just is not there for me.

Quick Reply: Macadamia and sand