Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007 | 11:28 AM
lumpking
Instructor

Default RS Allocation

A few weeks ago I got my deposit returned to me. My dealer was just a bit over zealous with his estimates of allocations. I was disappointed with the sales manager so I decided to let PCNA know about it. I guess I shook the right tree because I just got a verbal confirmation and a request for specs. I need some help with color choice. I am thinking of the white but have a problem paying $4300 for what should be a zero cost option. And what's with no graphics? My other choice is black with silver wheels but I have no idea what that will look like. I'm not Photo Shop savvy. My other concern is PCCB or not. I will track the car 2 or 3 times a year and really could care less about the brakes. I'm sure the standard brakes are just fine for my skill level (i spend my track time on a GSXR). I happen to be of the mind set that in the future the option will make the car more desirable. So is it a waste if I get them or am I shooting my self in the foot by not getting them?
Old 01-08-2007 | 11:45 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Get what you like on the car. It will depreciate, so you will loose the cost of your options and some portion of the car price (after the inital new factor wears off). But the options will/may help you sell the car later.

I got Orange/black, Xenon, full leather, orange dev. stitiching, pcm, rear ctr console painted black, pcm painted black, and PCCB. Most on the board would consider that overdone, but I will use it as a street car and like you trace a few days a year.

I would have no concern for a few days a year for PCCB. You can always switch to steel if you decide to do a lot of track days.

Congratulations on your allocation!

JCM
Old 01-08-2007 | 12:43 PM
Max Power
Racer

let that PCNA Rep know that Rennlist needs about a dozen allocations !

congratulations - the squeaky wheel gets the grease
Old 01-08-2007 | 01:07 PM
lumpking
Instructor

I know how lucky I am. I will keep him a secret out of respect. Any ideas on the brakes. I only sweat it so much because I'm not in the sam tax bracket as the typical new porsche owner. I need to do this as economically as possible but I don't want to look back on it and say i wish I had. Saving $9000 is tempting.
Old 01-08-2007 | 01:09 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Steel brakes are perfectly fine for your application, congrats and enjoy!
Old 01-08-2007 | 01:17 PM
GoFastKindaGuy
Instructor

You don't need them for your intended use. One rarely gets the money back on accessories or options. However, I was told that resale is better with PCCB -- but for closing the deal vs another one without.

I am spoiled with PCCB on my CGT so I ordered on my RS, too. If I were still in your shoes... Save your money. It is not like the alternative to PCCB is shoe leather thru holes in the floorboards. I still comes with good brakes.
Old 01-08-2007 | 01:20 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

[QUOTE=Max Power]let that PCNA Rep know that Rennlist needs about a dozen allocations !

How about the guys on the list letting PCNA know. I suggested this in another thread and got no response. Do you guys really want one. I have contacted them and am waiting for a reply.

lumpking, Congradulations on your allocation.
Rich
Old 01-08-2007 | 01:41 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

You got the allocation so try and get rid of the stupid charge for the white paint. A couple other Rennlisters want the white with standard RS graphics but I don't know if they have pushed their agenda hard enough. Remember that white was not on the table until some serious buyers complained.

You have some power because you are a real retail customer ($123,200) not a speculator. I think you would have more leverage if you could hook up with the other two Rennlisters and push this jointly.
Old 01-08-2007 | 02:21 PM
lumpking
Instructor

I will try to get the white paint at zero cost and with the graphics but it will be tricky. I know this guy went out of his way to help me so I don't want to seem ungrateful. Thanks for the info on the brakes. I'm sure I will wait to very last minute to decide. Now I'm leaning toward Green.
Old 01-08-2007 | 02:48 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lumpking
I will try to get the white paint at zero cost and with the graphics but it will be tricky. I know this guy went out of his way to help me so I don't want to seem ungrateful. Thanks for the info on the brakes. I'm sure I will wait to very last minute to decide. Now I'm leaning toward Green.
White w/ graphics for free?? Be thankfull for the allocation...
Old 01-08-2007 | 03:58 PM
lumpking
Instructor

My guy says that PCNA is fighting for graphics right now. He was very interested in my opinion. I told him I wanted white but it was a no go without the black wheels and graphics. We shall see. More people need to call and complain! 770-290-3500 Let them know.
Old 01-08-2007 | 04:50 PM
Paul523
Pro

I hope you win the fight, lumpking.... seems painfully simple-- they're offering white anyway, why not just throw on the same black decals & wheels at the factory as the orange + green RS are getting? The RS brand identity will suffer no dilution-- Euro 996 GT3RS had choice of two different graphics' color pkgs on white body.

-pshop from a poster on Rennteam-

Old 01-08-2007 | 05:40 PM
P-Nuts
Racer

Did you see the Silver one without graphics posted over on Rennteam? It looks awesome. It was ordered as Silver/Orange and the stickers were taken off.
Old 01-08-2007 | 09:26 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

A few weeks ago I got my deposit returned to me. My dealer was just a bit over zealous with his estimates of allocations. I was disappointed with the sales manager so I decided to let PCNA know about it. I guess I shook the right tree because I just got a verbal confirmation and a request for specs. I need some help with color choice. I am thinking of the white but have a problem paying $4300 for what should be a zero cost option. And what's with no graphics? My other choice is black with silver wheels but I have no idea what that will look like. I'm not Photo Shop savvy. My other concern is PCCB or not. I will track the car 2 or 3 times a year and really could care less about the brakes. I'm sure the standard brakes are just fine for my skill level (i spend my track time on a GSXR). I happen to be of the mind set that in the future the option will make the car more desirable. So is it a waste if I get them or am I shooting my self in the foot by not getting them?

so how did it go down? did you threaten them w/ major legal action or ?...must have been a real good tree shaking to get those results...numerous other guys have gotten shafted and accepted the results.
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:10 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJones
White w/ graphics for free?? Be thankfull for the allocation...
You give in to Porsche AG far too easily.

Quick Reply: RS Allocation