Sponsored by:

Proposition...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 12:42 PM
mccand
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proposition...

Hello, 356-ers! I have an unusual proposition..

My name is Greg. I am a car guy marrying a wonderful woman (Michelle) in Carmel Valley, CA (near Monterey) on November 26th, 2016.

She is in love with the look of the 356, and its classic lines "pair" with the venue.

We live in Silicon Valley, and I will be driving down the morning of the 26th, the wedding is happening at a place called Gardener Ranch , and the idea is to have a moment/feel similar to the attached photo (but with a 356 of course!)

Photo from Gardener Ranch

I have owned a number of cars (yes, I'm afflicted), including a Porsche 993, classic mini, etc. I presently am the original owner of a low mileage valencia orange 2011 BMW 1M, which I adore, but it doesn't set the mood like the 356 would. (For those not familiar, there are only 740 of these made for the US market, and its a modern day classic).

My 1M...

So my proposition is, if there is someone with a 356 near carmel valley, I drive down, meet, we swap cars (my 1M for your 356), I drive it to the venue, we hold the wedding/take photos/etc. It ends at 10PM. I drive it to the Hotel in Monterey (we have a block at Monterey Tides for that Saturday), and we swap back again on Sunday the 27th. The closer to Monterey we are, the fewer miles would be put on it.. However, I am also amenable to a Silicon Valley swap, if the Monterey region does not work out (and the 356 can make the drive) . Barring a long road trip, I would be flexible with putting miles on my 1M as desired/needed.

We are not particular about which model of 356.. the only criteria Michelle has provided me is that it needs to be cream or white, which is limiting I know.. and it has to run reasonably enough to be able to get us there and to the hotel, and it needs to look fairly "cute"/appropriate for the venue.

I think this would be a fun experience for both parties.. (and btw I am an experienced professional, etc). I don't usually do stuff like this, but it seems such a charming idea, I thought I'd throw it out. I'd entertain a "pre-wedding swap trial" as well, as I pretty much make time for anything fun that is car-related.. (and this may be a good idea to make sure things generally work). So, anyone interested?
Old 08-06-2016, 05:19 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

You'll have much better luck over at the 356 Registry, but I think you'll have to join to post.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

You romantic devil you! If I was near you i would be glad to help. Really sounds nice.

And the future wife that knows what a 356 is......you have a winner.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:44 AM
mccand
2nd Gear

thanks guys for the replies... I do have a winner! I count my blessings every day.

I checked out the registry and it looks like its $45 to sign up... I wouldn't "mind" if one of you kind souls spread the word...

Old 08-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Johnzoly
AutoX

356... Insurance, gas and oil $2,500+ a year. Purchase price $75,000+. A good wife that loves a 356 as much as you... Priceless!

Congratulations on your blessed day.

Quick Reply: Proposition...