Sponsored by:

1955 dash layout help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:35 PM
TC/914
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1955 dash layout help needed.

The gauges are all set, I know what goes where, I'm pretty sure of the switch layout as well, but I'm stumped on what size **** goes where.

>Wiper pull cable, above small gauges to the left of the wheel gets a large ****.
>Ignition key fills the far left hole beneath the small gauges.
>Light switch is in the middle, beneath the gauges on the left and gets a small ****.
>Fuel tank gauge pressure push button fills the third (far right) hole beneath the gauges on the far left,
>High speed throttle pull cable on the lower panel just to the right of the steering wheel gets a large ****.
> Starter button is right next to that, on the lower panel.
> Accessory switch on the lower panel to the right of center radio pod gets a medium ****.
>Cigar lighter just to the right of that, directly beneath the chromed ash tray get a medium sized ****.
>Ash tray and glove box get a special somewhat oval ****. (The "water fall" **** was on the earlier Pre-A cars.)

Is the above layout correct? I sometimes see a large **** in place next to the lighter, but I'm not sure what that would be for. An accessory switch? A choke pull cable?

Ought the High speed idle pull cable get the medium size **** rather than the large?

I need a little help if anyone knows for sure. I looked all over the 356 Registry sight at the member's cars images and, honestly, there were more variations than I would have thought. Anyone the "for sure" factory ****/switch layout?

Thanks !

TC

Quick Reply: 1955 dash layout help needed.