Notices
356 Forum 1948-1965
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Path to Palooza, Friday, 11/9 - please read if you are going...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:16 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Path to Palooza, Friday, 11/9 - please read if you are going...

OK, Porsche Palooza is coming up next weekend, 11/9-11/2007. Here is the link for Palooza (www.pca-palooza.com). They already have 132 cars registered so far.

Our MTFR (Mid TN Fun Run) #8 is a run to the Palooza. We are driving out Friday the 9th and will be hitting Little Rock about 12:30pm and stopping for lunch. Dick Price (dickepoohp) has been kind enough organize a nice barbque joint for us to stop at for lunch (joint is relative, this place is set up for large crowds). I know several are comign from different directions, so I wanted to invite anyone who would like to meet up with us for lunch to join us. If you are interested, please email me at shane@scwdp.com, so I can get a rough headcount. I am posting details about getting to the restaurant at the end of this post. After lunch, Dick says there are about 4 ways to get to Eureka Springs and Palooza. Each is different and may suit various individuals depending on how your lunch sits with you! Dick has been nice enough to try to put together some maps to hand out to those joining us for lunch, adn then everyone can make their way to Palooza on the route that suits them. Again, a rough head count would be nice for this part of it as well, so please email me.

One other thought: it would be kind of nice to know a Porsche you see on the road was heading to Palooza or not... maybe a ribbon of a certain color teid to your antenna... any ideas?

Here is the info from Dick about lunch. If you need to, you can call myslef at 731-343-1762, or Dick Price at 501-258-7194.

Any ideas on telling who is who at the event... screen names on a window or something?

Take care and here is lunch info:

Here is the tinyurl for the Mapquest for 2516 Cantrell Road, Little Rock, Ar. 72202.
The "real" url was over 1,400 characters!)

http://tinyurl.com/2apboy

Whole Hog is on Hiway 10 (which is Cantrell Road...2615 is addy) just out west from downtown LRock. Coming from Memphis on I-40, you would turn South onto I-30 toward LittleRock, cross the Arkansas River and immediately follow signs to Ar 10 west, which quickly puts you onto a four lane..Whole Hog is in a shopping center on the right just after the traffic light/Exxon station, approx 2 miles from downtown.
Departing, just continue out 10 to I-430, turn north over the river, and bear left to ward Fort Smith on I-40 again.
I'll run the route and make a guide, and meet yo all before cut-off

To clarify.
http://tinyurl.com/2apboy

clik on "aerial image" and zoom in to third bar or so..make much more clear.

Mapquest insists on putting the red star just before the intersection..shopping center is just a block PAST the light..look at this map, restaurant is just above the "10" a few hundred yards to left of star..
SCWDP member #0002
http://www.scwdp.com(insert evil laugh here)
Monthly Mid TN Fun Run's (MTFR)(shane@scwdp.com for details)