Rennlist women's calendar!!! Prejudice!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:18 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Jekot
Not wanting to stop this well worthy cause I do hope someone got Porsches approval before moving ahead with this. I have been here and was told that if any image of any car is reproduced for sale without permission it is a copyright violation. It seems that Porsche has registered the shape of all of their cars so reprodicing any image of a Porsche to sell without their blessing is an offence.
Their point of view (not mine) may be they don't want women drapped on the hood of a 911. So. Please, please ask someone about this before spendinag any more money.

Mike

I am not expert in this area, but in this case (as opposed to creating an item with a Porsche shape, symbol or trademark, these are photographs of individuals who happen to be with cars they own, and I think there is a distinction. In any case, if PCNA were to jump on this, I think they would be creating a public relations nightmare (and I would happily take the lead in making that nightmare happen!).
Old 10-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Michael Jekot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay. I wish you all well with this. I'm just saying, I hope someone asked before leaping or did a bit of research. I did several years ago and was told by PCNA what I wrote earlier. Have a great Friday and a better weekend... I'm putting my 356 away for the winter. :-(
Mike
Old 10-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Michael, the situation is being dealt with. Thanks for the heads' up.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Michael Jekot
Instructor

Great causes and people deserve not to get hurt. I wish you much success. ;-)
Old 11-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

A little birdy told me this weekend that some people have sent me PMs requesting calendars and I have not gotten back to them. If you are one of those people who has not received a response from me, I offer my profuse apologies. I thought I was being very careful to go through my inbox methodically and not miss anything, so I cannot say whether I am having technical issues, or simply having senior moments, but I beg your forgiveness and ask you to please contact me again.

I have well over 400 PMs from 220+ people in my inbox these days...so please don't take this the wrong way, but it will take way more hours than I have to go back through every PM and figure out who I'm missing.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

WE HAVE OVER 320 CALENDARS SOLD!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie.

WE HAVE OVER 320 CALENDARS SOLD!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!

Quick Reply: Rennlist women's calendar!!! Prejudice!