GM EOS Break-in Oil

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:17 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM EOS Break-in Oil

As the 356 guys reportedly already know, the GM E.O.S. (PN 1052367) is discontinued. I was able to pick up 4 bottles tonight as an additive to my '84 911's oil changes. The parts guy was nice enough to do a locator search, found a local to me dealer who's got a few cases of the stuff on the shelf. I also have an online source (potentially).

I've asked John D. for the ok to do a group buy of the stuff if there's enough interest here on Rennlist (awaiting answer, if ok feel free to forward to Pelicanites). I dropped $40.15 tonight on 4 bottles, 7% incl. tax., FYI. Have seen it as low as <$7 / bottle online, so that should give a decent idea of a low / high range.

I'm not looking to make anything, but don't want to lose my shirt trying to help the community out. So... anyone interested? If there's not a decent group interest, I'll just post the info I find here.

For those looking around...
DON'T TIP YOUR HAND THAT IT'S DISCONTINUED. one of the dealers I called had some & I let it slip it was discontinued. He halted the sale & said he would keep what he has for his own mechanics. Whoops.

Anyway, testing the waters. Thanks!

Edit:
John D's given the ok to proceed. Please follow the thread in the 911 section: https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum/366970-gm-e-o-s-break-in-oil-group-buy-interest.html#post4391881

Thanks!

Last edited by 84_Carrera; 07-23-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Quick Reply: GM EOS Break-in Oil