Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default WTB: Hella 128 parts

Thought I would post here on the 356 list, as these lights were used on some of them as well, but I need the outer trim ring and a clear lense for a broken Hella 128 foglight on my '67 911S. If anyone has an old one laying around gathering dust, please email me. .

Thx,
TT
Attached Images  
Old 07-12-2007, 12:05 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Tom, have you tried the early 911S registry forum? http://www.early911sregistry.org/forum/index.php

they are usually good for not just lights, but spare parts for lights too, including lenses and such.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:52 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I'm pretty sure NLA Parts (Brad Ripley) has identical lenses (reproductions but a perfect copy); don't know about the surround. (www.nlaparts.com)

You can also watch ebay as 128 parts show up, but that might take a while.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by hoffman912
Tom, have you tried the early 911S registry forum?
Oh ya- I posted over there on the 4th. Thanks, Harry. Just trying to expand the possible audience over here.

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I'm pretty sure NLA Parts (Brad Ripley) has identical lenses (reproductions but a perfect copy); don't know about the surround....
You can also watch ebay as 128 parts show up, but that might take a while.
I've seen the reproduction lenses--they've been in the catalogs for about $40 each for a long time, but a new one would be pretty worthless without the surround (and clash with the other side, anyway). I tried to get it welded up, but it's a cast piece. Maybe soldering or epoxying a thin scab piece on the back would work?

Anyway, I've had my EvilBay search sending me daily emails for a month now. I bid on a NOS set and didn't meet the reserve at $415, so I bought a set from Indonesia which is in the mail at the moment, but I'd still like to repair the original set--there's no way to match the patina otherwise.

Thx,
TT
Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found the Indonesia guy but you've been there already...it looks good though! Good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hella...spagenameZWDVW
Old 07-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Pedro356C
I found the Indonesia guy but you've been there already...it looks good though! Good luck!
ya--I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Long distance deals can be sketchy, but this guy, Andre, has good feedback and his communications have been great.

I might have offered too much, though, it looks like he accepted an offer of $150 after mine?!?!? Oh well, I had offered this guy $400 for a pair plus shipping and he declined, said he wanted $580 shipped, so $350 looked like a fair deal to me. They should be here in the next 5 days. We'll see. I still would like to find some repair parts anyway, so I could use my old set on my '68....

TT
Old 07-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tom Tweed
I still would like to find some repair parts anyway, so I could use my old set on my '68....

TT
I'll keep my eyes open as I'm usually "killing time" on eBay...

PS. Keep us posted...let us know when you get them...
Old 07-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Pedro356C
I'll keep my eyes open as I'm usually "killing time" on eBay...
Muchas gracias, Pedro.

Keep us posted...let us know when you get them...
They arrived from Indonesia yesterday by Express Mail in 5 days--very quick delivery and well-packed, in perfect shape. Came with the H3 6V 55W bulbs, though, so I had to order some 12V bulbs for the 911. Anybody need the 6V bulbs?

TT
Old 07-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've some sets of lights Here but most of the reflectors are kaput (rusted to the point where rechroming is not really an option)

Has anyone found a source for new reflectors..?
Old 07-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Originally Posted by Irishdriver
I've some sets of lights Here but most of the reflectors are kaput (rusted to the point where rechroming is not really an option)

Hi Irish...this procedure to clean up 993's foglights might help bringing some of your reflectors from the dead!

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...&highlight=diy
Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Irishdriver
I haven't found a source for any of the Hella 128 parts (except for bulbs and lenses), just entire units. You might be able to restore them satisfactorily by painting them with silver or "chrome" paint, though, as suggested in that procedure for 993 foglights in Pedro's link. Since the Hella 128 reflectors are metal, though, I would use the POR-15 silver paint, after prepping the rust by sanding the loose stuff off and treating with their "Metal-Ready" product. It really works well at encapsulating rust and preventing its return (you don't need to get the part rust-free, just get the loose stuff off), and the silver is quite bright and would reflect well. You can get their "starter kit" for around $18 which would contain all the materials to do a few reflectors and try it without risking too much $$$.

Good luck,
TT

Quick Reply: WTB: Hella 128 parts