Sponsored by:

8 days ....and counting....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 01:56 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 315 Likes on 140 Posts

You are very, very good.

You said sorry. I say leave them. So what that they are OT, they are beautiful.

~JoAnne
Old 07-17-2007, 01:58 AM
Katalog
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JoAnne - did they get through? !!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Katalog
Q - thanks for the advice on your set up.

This is the Porsche Classic web page -
http://www.porsche.com/australia/acc...rvice/classic/
scroll down to Classic World - click on that
then click on Models - Road Vehicles
There you have a few choices: just to humour me go to Media Gallery first - there you will see in pic No. 9 a beautiful blue sunroof 1960 B, and the guy about to get his head blown off by the cannon is holding a Rolleiflex! mein gott!
The first of those is of course delicious - a split windshield coupe from the very early 1950s in aged, soft kodachrome by some Moorish port, probably in Spain.
Before you leave the media gallery be sure to go back to pic No. 3 - a lavender C cabriolet, with a colour co-ordinated veil of mist shrouding the trees in the background!
When you have had your fill of that go back to the Road Vehicles page - select the 'type series' 356 and any year that takes your fancy. Be sure to change the selection for Type Series to the A, B and C and the 911 variants. I amuse myself for ages with these nostalgic images. For reasons I can't quite explain my favourite is the 1956 356A.
If you don't get out much and are stuck at home with the check blanket over your knees, you can spend hours at this ;-)

sincerely yours
Katalog
Carl Zeiss Ikonta IV (534/16) f3.5 (6x6)
Rolleiflex f2.8
Nikon D200; F801;FE
Nikkor 17-35 f2.8 and several other Nikkors
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC_0039.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC_0224.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC_0283.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...DSC_0059-1.jpg
NICE photos !!!
Who is the hot blonde ? ....and does she have my ph number ??
to reduce the pics to links, just remove the [IMG] & [/IMG] code either side of the URL

This Porsche site is BRILLIANT !!!!
Thank you for showing me. I share your love of nostalgic photos !
Hence the "style" of avatar I use
I have often thought of reproducing the technique with a modern Porsche, and running that as my Unique Cars advert
.....actually, i think you have just motivated me to do it

LOL at checked blanket
Old 07-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Katalog
Advanced

JoAnne and Q, thanks for the compliments.

Glad you liked the Porsche Classic site. Yes, a modern Porsche in a time warp setting would be very attractive. Getting the girls to wear the outfits from the 50s could be a problem :-)

Q - my lovely wife will be flattered to be referred to as a 'hot blonde' - being the mother of four and now the grandmother of four!

That shot was taken a few months ago as she looked fondly at our grandson who had overnighted with us - little red haired bloke shown in the Bali Blue C below with his grandma:

Last edited by Katalog; 08-20-2007 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Katalog
JoAnne and Q, thanks for the compliments.

Glad you liked the Porsche Classic site. Yes, a modern Porsche in a time warp setting would be very attractive. Getting the girls to wear the outfits from the 50s could be a problem :-)

Q - my lovely wife will be flattered to be referred to as a 'hot blonde' - being the mother of four and now the grandmother of four!

That shot was taken a few months ago as she looked fondly at our grandson who had overnighted with us - little red haired bloke shown in the Bali Blue C below with his grandma:
LOL @ getting the girls to wear the outfits !

Hehehehehehe - Does that make her a yummy mummy ? or a gorgeous granny ?
I am partial to a hot blonde....have one of my own

I can't rmember what you said the other day ....do you still have a the Bali Blue car ?
-- NICE looking car
Old 07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Katalog
Advanced

Unhappy

Mummy or Granny, she's just a girl - what was that song Maurice Chevalier used to sing? - "thank heaven ... etc" ;-)

The Bali blue was put up for sale on Carsales by the chap in Melbourne who had owned it for many years. It had won concours down there for originality. I mulled it over, mucked about, then called him. It had just been sold. Anyway we had a good yarn.

A year later I saw it for sale again. At Buderim. Called the seller and the chap in Melbourne - yes it was the same car. Engine, trans and chassis in great condition. Bought it. Had more chats with the former owner in Melbourne getting more history etc. He said that if I ever wanted to sell it he would like it back. So, when the 'blonde bombshell' threw a fit last summer about the two non-aircon cars in the garage I gave him a call, and it returned home to Melbourne ... :-(

If the aircon on this 3.2 911 doesn't hold up over summer there will be hell to pay!!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 AM
eloyex
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
Looking forward to seeing some pics in a few days..!! Congratulations in advance!

what a nive avatar you got there !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 8 days ....and counting....