Sponsored by:

Mid TN Fun Run #2 - 5/19/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 12:47 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mid TN Fun Run #2 - 5/19/07

Well, the #2 Fun Run will be this Saturday, 5/19/07. Weather forecast is MUCHO better for this Saturday at sunny and 80 degrees. Let's make this a big turnout day and have some fun. We can do the orginal plan and drive south of Buffalo again as in the inserted post below, or we can possibly drive to Nashville and try to crash the Tennessee Tubs event. I have been trying to get ahold of someone from that group (unsucessfully) to see if this event is open or not to "non-tubbers". Either trip would be great for me. Email me with your RSVP and choice of drive. vanweys@charter.net. Old thread with info to follow:
https://rennlist.com/forums/912-forum/349484-mid-tn-fun-run-2-5-12-2007-a.html
Old 05-16-2007, 08:19 PM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Everyone is welcome at the Cal Turner event in Kingston Springs. All Porsche models should be well represented.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:22 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

I just got back from the Cal Turner event....awesome!
Old 05-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I concur with Brendan, great event! Brendan, can you post a few pictures, I forgot my camera...
Old 05-19-2007, 06:28 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Default who needs Kah-li-fo-nia?

I am a native, so I am not being totally disrespectful to you Cali guys. Just got in from the Cal Turner event. Awesome event.... It was a 356 event, but there were some awesome Porsches from all vintages well represented. Heck there were even some Ferraris in the non-Porsche parking area, some jags, and Cal's absolutely gorgeous Aston Martin. David Bailey and Chuck Sertich got some photos as well. When they send them to me I will post some up.

As a side note, Cal had a Ruf Turbo there (I think it was a 993 base), among a few other Ruf models. But this one was extra special to me. It was some kind of forest green metallic color. Absolutely beautiful - never seen a color like it before. Anyone have any idea what the actual name of the color is?

Wish I could have met a few more of you from the list there, but I was paying more attention to the cars today. We are going to post soon for the next Mid TN Fun Run (#3). We would like to ask everyone interested to email me the #1 and #2 Saturdays that work for you. Also, we are trying to decide the next run's destination. The choices that have been presented so far are:

1. a run to the Ozarks somewhere.

2. a run down to Tupelo to visit this car museum and restoration shop.

3. a run up to Bowling Green to visit the Corvette museum.

4. or we could just do another run down the 13 form Buffalo again and keep it a little more local again.

Email and let me know. If you know anyone else that would be interested, tell them to email me, or if they would not care, you can send me their email address and I will add them to the list.

Shane
Old 05-19-2007, 06:53 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Hope this is OK, but I have to leave, but just some pics from David Bailey. I have them posted on Pelican here:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=347441

Nice day out!

Quick Reply: Mid TN Fun Run #2 - 5/19/07