Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

8 volt Battery?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:32 PM
FL-356C
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a 6 volt Optima from across town (only one in town it seems). $128, but I feel much better doing that than chancing the 8 volt route. Once again, thanks guys!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
alarti
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I HAVE dealt with Joe Leoni and I highly recommend that you get his relay(s). He wrote an article (I believe it is on the 356 Registry) on how to maintain a 6v system, read it and you will go a long way.
As I recall, with good maintenance there should be absolutely no reason to upgrade to a 12v system. In my opinion add the Optima (as you already have) and the 2 relays that he sells and you will be good to go for a long, long time. His electrical schematics are great as well. If you can I'd recommend you get them for your car as well.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I have also dealt with Joe Leoni and have installed both relays on the red coupe in alarti's avatar (its now mine!). Joe is an outstanding, brilliant and reputable guy, and his relays perform like magic. For the starter relay, you are running power directly from the battery to the starter instead of through the ignition switch (which can fail over time) - the ignition switch just triggers the relay. Also, I can't imagine owning a 356 without having Joe's electrical schematics - best investment you can ever make!

Hi Andres - hope you are well! I'm taking good care of Ruby!!

Quick Reply: 8 volt Battery?