Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pop-out window latch info needed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 02:41 PM
TC/914
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pop-out window latch info needed.

Hey Gang,

I got the usual Box-O-Parts with my '55 when I found it. I'm starting in on the rear side windows and need help identifying which piece to use.

I got two sets of side pop-out window latches in the box.

One type has crisp edges and an almost delicate shaft coming from the triangular piece that screws to the interior body. Where it fits into the piece that mounts to the window, where the **** would tighten everything together, it's smooth with a "hidden" chromed pin that the end piece pivots on. If you didn't know that it was there, you'd miss it altogether.

The other kind of latch is much thicker and sturdier and has rounded edges all over. The end pivots on an obvious "C" cross section hollow pin and has almost crenelations around the edges of the end piece that inserts into the part that attaches to the window. It's little like a cast-in star washer, to help hold things tightly when the **** is turned.

I'm probably not describing this all very well, but if any of this makes sense, I'm just wondering which pair (if either) is correct for a 1955 Continental Coupe?

Thanks ! ! ! !

TC
Old 06-04-2006, 12:41 PM
TC/914
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on guys . . . . you're KILLING me ! ! ! ! Doesn't ANYONE own a '55? I'm just askin' for someone to glance in the back seat, turn towards the window, and report what they find . . . ? ! ? ! ? ! ?

Quick Reply: Pop-out window latch info needed.