help - value needed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 04:50 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help - value needed!

Hey folks,

my father-in-law and I are in Santa Barbara, and found a 63 356B sunroof coupe. Silver, black leather, chrome wheels. no major rust showing, looks like its had pans, paint is thin, interior could use new seat pads. Weber 40 IDFs, newer exhaust. upper lever missing on the dash (could be fan speed control?) any idea on worth?
Old 01-11-2006, 05:21 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

if you need a ppi, go to Schneiders Auto Haus, 805 962 8015. they will give you the honest straght poo on it. Joe Schneider is a great man, and his crew are outstanding.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Originally Posted by kcwsJim
Hey folks,

my father-in-law and I are in Santa Barbara, and found a 63 356B sunroof coupe. Silver, black leather, chrome wheels. no major rust showing, looks like its had pans, paint is thin, interior could use new seat pads. Weber 40 IDFs, newer exhaust. upper lever missing on the dash (could be fan speed control?) any idea on worth?
Not enough data in order to guess price...a couple of pics would help...
Old 01-12-2006, 05:39 AM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Hi Harry - thanks,met Joe today - straight up guy.

Pedro, sorry, no way to upload pics on the road.

Joe suspected a misaligned pressure plate causing a vibration. he is going to pull the engine sceen tomorrow to elminate the crankshaft and then we'll go from there
Old 01-12-2006, 11:00 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Pedro said, the condition of the car is paramount here, so once we see some detailed pics I think we'll be able to give you a better idea. Sunroof Coupes are very rare and will carry a considerable price hike compared to a regular coupe if they are in good shape FYI.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:17 AM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

good morning folks,

we are on our way to KC with the 63 Super 90. Joe and his crew put in a lot of hours over the last two days to get us on our way. We drove from Santa Barbara to Barstow last night, and hope to make Liberal, KS tonight. I will post updates as I can
Old 01-14-2006, 11:38 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 352 Likes on 156 Posts

Jim, that's so cool! Congratulations!!!

Barstow to Kansas in one day? Pretty good guy, pretty good......

So, will you be driving it to Porschepalooza 2 in Eureka Springs next fall???

POST PICS soon as you can!

JoAnne
Old 01-15-2006, 12:23 AM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

well...Barstow to Santa Rosa NM. we covered 800 miles today with no problems and we will finish it out tomorrow. pictures to follow
Old 01-15-2006, 12:35 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

nice work! i once did farmington NM to bakersfield in one day.. thats a long and tough drive. and youre doing it in your 1st real drive in your new tub! nothing like baptism by fire right?

glad to hear Joe set you guys right. isnt he the best? he got my butt out of a sling a few years back, and ive stopped at his shop every year i drive cross country to have him do my tune ups during my trip, as a way to say thanks, and because of how good he is. i cannot say enough positive things about him or henry. they also have some great stories -its great to talk with him and and the others at the shop.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Harry, you are correct. Our adventure with Joe started off Wednesday afternoon with "drive this car and see what's wrong with the shifter..." to our leaving his shop Friday at 7pm

the P.O. got the bill for replacing the shifter bushings (f & r), R&R the pressure plate (installed incorrectly) and a new oil cooler. then we got a few essentials, new rear wheel cylinders, and a tune on the Webers. If it hadn't been for Joe, Chris, & Henry, we wouldn't have made it out of CA.

JoAnne, hopefully we can make that event. I'll keep an eye out, and y'all try to make our Renntreffen in September (Lake of the Ozarks MO)

Jim - only 600 miles to home
Old 01-15-2006, 02:07 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim--good call driving home with the car!! I can't wait to see pics...whenever I get my car I plan to drive it home as well [provided I don't pck it up in california or something ]

Can't wait to see it and glad to see these cars aren't afraid to run long distances!
Old 01-15-2006, 11:27 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

we made it! over 1,600 in 2 1/2 days running 70mph non-stop - these cars are awesome! we had to replace a small section of fuel line in Pratt KS today (was weeping) and we lost a tailpipe extension off the muffler somewhere along the way, but no troubles on the whole trip.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:50 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

photo - more to follow (that's my father-in-law the new owner with the car)
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: help - value needed!