How do I fix my sunvisors ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts
Default How do I fix my sunvisors ?

The sunvisors on my 57A have an annoying tendency to fall down when hitting a bump in the road, sometimes just driving over a painted line suffices ;-)

They look to be in good shape...Not sure a replacement would help. What keeps those things in the UP position anyway ? The straightness of the metal rod inside ? I've tried small pressure to bend them a bit but it makes no difference. The attachments on each side of the visor are screwed in the roof, and do not appear adjustable... How do you "fix" them so they stay up ? IS there a spring in there or something ? Thx !

Old 11-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Greg...on my "C", I just had to tight the single screw a bit...I'm not sure how is the A's set up...
Old 12-07-2005, 10:32 AM
TC/914
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that the little holders/brackets that screw into the header area and support the sunvisors might need replacing or repairing. The sunvisors have small chromed metal pins that insert into either end of the visor, are held tight by little screws and are fitted into the plastic holders. The ends of the chromed pins are knurled to provide for a tight fit into the small hole in the bracket(s) but if they were tightened onto the sunvisor and it repeatedly fell down and were pushed up, the knurling no doubt acted like a rat tail file and enlarged the hole(s) in the little plastic brackets.

Best bet would be to put a TINY dab of plastic epoxy or JB Weld into the hole in the brackets and push the chromed pins in to set for a day. Then push the pin and bracket "assembly" into the sunvisor and re-attach them to the header.

This ought to return them to normal function where the chromed screws on the visors will be able to do their job. I hope that this makes sense, I think that it will once you've removed the visors and taken things apart just a bit.

LUCK!

TC
Old 12-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

Thank you, I'll dismantle and look. I should have done that first but I had no idea there was a mechanism of any kind in there, I thought it was just a old-loose type of issue !

Quick Reply: How do I fix my sunvisors ?