Notices
356 Forum 1948-1965
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My amazing wife works on our '55 BadMax...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Jerry Garwick
Racer

Location: Prather, California: somewhere in the middle of the State
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool lift. All Tire Supply lists them for $1156.09.

Nice floor Joanne.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:18 AM
InThePocket
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg D.
It's not car specific. I pointed out it works out well with a 356 because that car has funny jack points. I see no reason it would not work for a 951, unless you got oil lines or AC lines passing under your jacking points, or something funny like that...

I think it's a bend pak LR 60 or something funky like that, you may have to google a site, it's been 2 years... Best money I ever spent though, safe, practical, very cool. Things that you would hesitate to do before are a 5 minute job now !!!
Very sweet. I must have one. I have no room for a 2 or 4 post lift, this fits the bill perfectly. Darn, just missed father's day I'm always glad and learn something when I wonder over here to the 356 forum. Thanks.

Roger
Old 06-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

Keep in mind shipping is about $150 because most "free shipping" offers only apply to businesses, not residential deliveries ! That's why I said $1300 or so...

The thing paid for itself in 6 month when I had the 993 ! I even used it to raise my 356 during hurricane season in case of a flood - thankfully that wasn't a problem ! ;-)
Old 06-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Hershey, PA. ChocolateVille YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoAnne

Wow Joanne/Robert!! That is CLEAN! Have fun in chocolateVille. Here in Rennsport Region we have a Hershey chocolate factory nearby, so we are doing a drive out there on Saturday as sort of a consolation trip. Good luck on the concours!

Paul
Old 06-27-2005, 11:43 AM
kpr
Intermediate

Damn Greg - that's one homely looking C on your lift.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:46 AM
kpr
Intermediate

here's a newer rear angle shot of the same car
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2005, 01:43 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

WHOA JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! I never ever thought I'd be a cover of ANYTHING. let alone Rennlist

I think I Love you!!!!

JoAnne

PS: We are still at the Parade and using the Internet Cafe. I have 5 more minutes adn then I have to give the computer up... Rules, RuLeS, RULES!!!
Old 07-02-2005, 03:18 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Robert and JoAnne,

Always enjoy your scriptures. That our great guru deemed it fit to place the picture in the Porsche Hall of Fame is a tribute to your "dyed in the wool" love for all things Porsche.

I wish I could see your cars in the flesh...

Break a leg in Hershey!!
Old 07-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Henriks 964
Instructor

Hello Robert,

You must be very proud to have a wife like that.

Henrik

964 Carrera 2, 1990
Wimbledon Green
Old 07-04-2005, 01:45 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts
Default Parade fun and games....

Hi Guys!

We are FINALLY back home and it feels GREAT!!!

Can't say the Parade was all that fun for us. There was a huge controversy in our class at the Concours and unfortunately things didn't turn out well for us this time. We had to go up against a Brumos FACTORY 934. That is NOT really a modifed car but they found a loop hole and jumped right through it. Hey, if we had his car and had been doing the Parade Concours thing for as long as he has, we might have seen the loop hole and jumped right in too! The judges had a meeting and must of decided to not to do anything about it unless the participants filed a formal protest after the judging was done. We know the guy with the 934 He's from So. Cal and is really a nice guy. He's been Concouring for over 20 years and he even came over and apologized profusely (Why??? Guess he felt bad about the situation or?? Hmmmm...) We were not going to protest him or anyone else for that matter. That is not our style. The other Participants also decided to show PCA that they had class and they didn't protest either. So we came in third in a class of seven (only four were judged. One was disqualifed after judging began as not being modified enough and there were three no shows). We actually got 9/10th of a point off for having dirt embedded in our floorboard paint. LOOK AGAIN JUDGE!!! That's not dirt, it's speckled paint!!! 9/10th of a point is HUGE in Full Concours class. That can be the difference between 1st place and last place. We also got dinged for pollen that had fallen out of the tree and right down on the rear floor board. We actually watched it falling off of the tree and into the car. And dust in the hood channel. An hour before I had meticulously dusted that same channel with a paint brush. I can assure you that there was no dust in the channel at that time. Now add 5,000 people walking about and you have dust. Not something that I could control. There were things that they were absolutely right in deducting points off for, like the gas that was weeping from the webers. They are 14 years old so of course they will weep and there is nothing that we can do about it. Robert had them spotless when he buttoned up the engine bay an hour before they got to us. It just happens. If we had been judged first they would not have found the gas nor the dust. AS for the floorboards "Imbedded dirt in the paint.... That was just INSANE!!! ANYWAY..... So it goes. If you look at the score sheets and don't count the flaky deductions and just the real justifiable ones we would have been clearly in Second place. As for the Brumos 934. If that is not a Throughbred racer and not a Modified car nothing is. We feel that he was totally misclassified. You don't have to kick us in the head. We now understand that Full Concours is not for us. That is all I'm going to say about the Concours. PERIOD.........................

There is more to it than just what happend during the Concours that made this Parade not as fun as prior ones for us, like the fact they they would not let us offload our car at the Lodge when we arrived on Thursday. We were told by a very strict looking official in a blue polo shirt that if we tried to do that they would pull our entry numbers and we would be kicked out of the Parade. So we listened, like two fools, and made our way to the trailer parking area about two miles from the hotel. Trailer parking was a DUST BOWL!!!! It was located off a gravel road in tall grass. The non Concours type (re: Race cars) could care less about the folks trying to get their cars done for the Concours. They would drive on past on the gravel and dirt road at 25mph+ and throw up rooster tails of dust. Max was dirter after two days down in that hole than he was a month before. By Friday morning the Parade powers that be decided to allow people to offload their cars at the Lodge and then move their trailers to the dust bowl. Is that fair?

Knowing that Robert and I are also active in the 356 Registry, a few PCA powers have asked us what we think they can do to help bring 356'ers back to the PCA fold. We told them that a lot of bridges have been burned inthe past. Don't know what they can do to get them all back. Well... it appears that our bridge which was somewhat charred last year is now burning. It is safe to say that we will never be doing a full Concours event again in the future. There is just too much of a grey area in Concours. We may one day try to do a touring class, MAYBE, but never ever again Full. It's insane. Now I understand what the 356 Registry oldtimers have been trying to tell us these past few years. Leave PCA for the New Cars. They do not care about the old cars or the old enthusiasts. Just ask Mike Robbins. See how he got to go to the Parade. it wasn't as an entrant....... Sad.... Very Sad.....

Okay, I've said my piece and now it is all done. We are not normally complainers, nor are we ever sore losers. We know we have a very special car in Max, and no judge nor score can take that away from us. We won Class and Division last year with more cars in class to compete with and that can not be taken that away from us. Matter of fact Max is so special that Three people wanted to purchase him while at Parade. Yup, MAX IS SOLD!!! He is going to California. We have also sold our trailer ! Oh and Yes, the rumor is true, Jerry Seinfeld was one of the interested parties. Is that cool or what????? I mean, how often do you go driving down I-81 and have Jerry on the phone chatting with you??? I was on cloud nine!!! Really COOOOOOL

JoAnne

PS: John D...... I can imagine that you were more than a little hurt when you did not get accepted to the Parade after helping set up the on line registration and offering to co-chair the car show (that is a rule they would not Bend ). That's terrible, but let me tell you, there was some weird MOJO going around at Hershey Parade so maybe it was a good thing you didn't go. Never felt that way at any of the 7 Parades we'd been to before. Started from the time we got there. I can tell you in a PM if you'd like.. We are still going to remain members of PCA (unlike you and a few others we spoke to) but I doubt we'll remain as active as we currently are.

PSS: Robert and I both competely enjoyed the PCA Academy Day. We both took 7 hours of classses is Porschology. We learned a lot and had a blast. Now that was a great idea!!!!!

Last edited by RJT; 07-04-2005 at 07:22 PM. Reason: My Spelling Stinks BIG TIME!!! :-)
Old 07-04-2005, 02:36 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

WOW!

thats BS

sorry to hear you got a red hot poker where it dont go.

i cant believe you sold max!? was Jerry the buyer?

what did Jerry have to talk about? im really interested to hear about that.

thats why i didnt join pca fopr the longest time.. no respect for the vintage cars. f* em. i wont renew.

so you have anopther car lined up to replace max?

keep the faith guys.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:38 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow! Glad to hear from yall, was beginning to wonder.......

So, the million dollar question - is there a replacement in the future for the open space in the garage? That's an awesome picture, I have always wanted to shoot the **** with Jerry, cool guy! Anyway, looking forward to seeing yall in Nov.!
Old 07-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Stratocat
AutoX

I was in the PCA for 10 years then made the mistake of going to an actual parade. It reminded me of body builders. Just to totally freakin over the top.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Brett Matthews
Pro

Never joined the PCA.
Went to an event I'd JUST managed to hear about, to see about a sign up sheet.
Managed to find the "group", started talking to 'em, mostly 911 type owners it seemed like, they found out I had a 356, and their noses went straight up in the air!

....Never did find a sign up sheet.....

I don't need that kind of arrogance. I need help. Or, a group of people who would like to have my help, what I can give, anyway. And the Rennlist is certainly what I was looking for!

Thank You All!
Old 07-04-2005, 06:28 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

if their noses went in the air when you said 356, id hate to see their reaction to 928!

thats what i like about rennlist. for the most part people dont care what model, its all about the passion for the marquis, and the passion for driving. you always get a few snobs in each group, and cant help that. but or the most part, this group is extremely accepting (compared to about any other club).

Quick Reply: My amazing wife works on our '55 BadMax...