Sponsored by:

356 price

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 12:51 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi JoAnne...Andres is one of the Talklist's young guys...he is just 78...by this picture you would not believe he's older than me...I'm just 77 1/2...
so i take it you found that old fountain ponce de leone was looking for?

im one of the yong guys on the 912 board.. im only 58

It never hurts to wave a handful of hundred dollar bills under a guys nose! Go to the bank and get 10 grand in hundreds, keep 1 grand in your pocket, and lay the 9 grand on the table. You can always pull the other thousand out if that doesn't work. You never know until you try! Cash talks, and you know what walks!

I bought a beautiful 70 914-6 for $7,000 doing the above.

Robert
im actually thinking about doing somthing similar -granted, with not as much money. there is an early 70s 911 in one of rougher neighborhoods here in columbus, that has been sitting in someones yard for as long as ive been around. i drove by there for the 1st time in a few years to see its still there. then my eyes suddenly saw somthing, which i never noticed before. this rotted out pos, with rust holes the size of my hands along the fenders and rear quarters, was sitting on my wettest dream... mahle gasburners!!

i pulled into the drive way just to get a feel for the situation. went to the door, a kid answered I asked if his Dad was there, and the shy kid cowered and shook his head no. I asked if his mom was, and then the lady cme to the door, showing her two good teeth, with a happy grin. I asked if her husband would be interested in selling it. (figured this guy probably doesnt know what he has, or might be hard up for money and eager to sell, or who knows.. just go with it, nothing to loose!). if i buy the car i could sell the engine, glass and what ever else was salvageable and make way with some cool wheels!

'sure thang sweet heart, $5,000 and its yers'

"5000?!?" :stare:

"yussir, 5 grand firm, he wont take no mo lower 'an that."

I might go by tomarrow, see what he thinks about 1500 -2000 cash. granted.. the car is a tea bag, but still has a motor and numerous other parts which i could probably get my money back on. either way.. i want those wheels.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations Harry...you don't look a day over 57! It's probably the joy of driving a great 912 as yours...

PS. As far as the 911...if you are taking cash with you to this guy's house...don't forget your gun...
Old 05-14-2005, 03:27 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by hoffman912
so i take it you found that old fountain ponce de leone was looking for?

im one of the yong guys on the 912 board.. im only 58
Harry, you don't look ANYTHING like I'd picture you. You look really innocent an sweet.... Not all tough like your writing style sometimes suggests. Hey, and you are also on the 356 board, are you not??

I'm with Pedro on this one. Be very careful when you head back with that pocket full of change into the bad neighborhood. Ain't no wheels in this world worth your life....

JoAnne

PS: For those of you who look at the EC website:
The pretty 1965 Green SC cab went for 78,500!!!!! Can you believe that price! WOW! bet it is going to Europe too. We are kissing all the nice cars good bye and you know, they will never be back......

JoAnne

Last edited by RJT; 05-14-2005 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Same car was on eBay (location: Englewood - CO) on February 2005...reserve not met! It looks like European Collectible's reputation sells...the best advertisement for a 356 is a reputable source...

Take care...
Old 05-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 139 Posts

>Hey Greg,
>Which turds and friend are you referring to exactly?

You know whom I speak of. Turd wise, I'm thinking the one Karim checked for you in winterpark, with Blobs of "something" in the nose. Looked like lard wrapped in paint ;-)
Old 05-16-2005, 05:10 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Hey Greg and everyone else!!!! I've got an idea (Oh boy we are in trouble now when I come up with an idea....). Since Pedro started posting peopele pics how about we find out what the rest of us look like?? Hmm?? 356'ers come in all shapes and sizes. Come on let us see...... Pleeze? Everyone jump in the water is warm!!!

This is Robert hard at work:

JoAnne
Old 05-16-2005, 05:34 PM
alarti
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harry:

Excuse my ignorance but could you please post a picture of the wheels that are the source of your endless nights? Thanks...
Old 05-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

PS: Andres, that avatar of yours cracks me up. It truly is a nice picture ! Digital pictures are great, aren't they ;-) How about recent pictures of your car, I want to see some progress ! And no photoshop or sunset this time !

JoAnne: Sounds good to me but I don't have pictures of myself that I can think of - we'll see what we can do !
Old 05-16-2005, 06:03 PM
alarti
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey:

That is an original picture without ANY edition. That was actually somewhere in the middle of Florida the very first day that I drove the car coming down from your house. Besides there isn't much progress yet, a generator that needs to be looked at and two new dings in front bumper and nose (don't even ask!!!!).
Old 05-16-2005, 06:06 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

What - a ding transfer from the Karmann ghia ? ;-) A falling shelf ? No biggie, at that point, it needs paint anyway...

I know the picture is original, that's why I think digital pictures lie ;-) I say bring your car over when Glen's got his paint booth ready and we'll paint your car and my "half'n'half" 911 together. How does slate grey strike you ?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Hi JoAnne...Robert's picture reminds me of Fellini's "La Dolce Vita"! ;- )
Old 05-16-2005, 08:39 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Yup, enjoying life.......... Looking at the picture again, I think I'd better go find him a new pair of sandals!!! No matter what he says to me, I think those have seen better days!!!!

JoAnne

PS: How is the sale of Flipper going? has the buyer fixed his papers so he can fly into the US??
Old 05-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Hi JoAnne...sandals are OK! What I can't understand is the lack of a drink on the cup holder... Robert got this Hemingway look and you are suppose to fix him a Mojito...

The "buyer to be" from overseas booked his trip arriving at the Sunshine State on the 27th...I don't mind to wait as the weather is great and I'm enjoying my car...the only problem is a couple of guys kind of upset with me because I'm holding the car instead of selling it right away for the first one who writes the check...

Pretty easy to sell a solid, honest and fairly priced 356 nowadays...
Old 05-17-2005, 07:44 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

What you don't see in the picture is that there is a table right next to Robert, that is where he stowes his drinks in the shade We went out yesterday and got a little burned. Weather is beautiful and I just keep forgetting about how easy it is to get burned when you are out on the water. Can't drive Helga and we've got to do SOMETHING!

Yup, easy to sell a nice 356 now days.
Still, I'm really gonna miss seeing her in the garage.

JoAnne
Old 05-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ah, the picture thread...

Me and my dog...

Me and Joanne (sorry Robert)

;-)

Quick Reply: 356 price