Sponsored by:

356 Registry talklist

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 356 Registry talklist

Dear 356 enthusiasts...If you have a 356 and you are not part of the 356 talklist network you are crazy! This week I had to deal with a fuel leak from my right carb (banjo fitting leak) and I was able to fix it in 30 minutes while simultaneously getting precise instructions from all over the world...pleople who had experienced before the same problems you are having now...thanks to the list, I was able to get the right part, fix it the right way and have my Zeniths bone dry again...fantastic group! This is a great forum as well...pure fun...but if you have a 356 in your garage and you are not connected with "the other guys" you are 100% crazy.

PS. If you are part of the talklist and you don't have a 356 registry membership...you are not crazy but you are cheap which is even worst... just my opinion.

Get both!!!! http://www.356registry.org
Old 04-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pedro - lets not forget my archive

(link in sig)
Old 04-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

Actually Pedro, most of us who are here ARE on the 356-talk and visit here when we want to post stuff that does not fit Rick's guidelines or -wonder of wonders - pictures ;-)

It's kinda the other way around, you should advertise this place on the talk list ;-)
Old 04-28-2005, 07:13 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

We are on 356talk. The mouse gets a pretty good work-out, delete, delete, delete, etc. Very informative and a wealth of knowledge from people who know what they are talking about! It's just the format that gets a little tedious after awhile.
THANKS Steve! (for the archives)
I tried to preach a little about Rennlist at the recent Gulf Coast Holiday, and got stared at like I was the Anti-Christ. One guy said he tried Rennlist but couldn't find anything about 356s.
Try posting about Rennlist on 356talk......and prepare to duck the arrows!

R
Old 04-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Hi Steve...I'd never forget your archive...you are the 356 knowledge's guardian!

Hi JoAnne...I can imagine you trying to sell the Rennlist to "The boys" (average: 110 years old)... do you have your performance on tape? : )

Yeah Greg...pictures are really great...I consider the 356 talklist as "nuts and bolts" tech session, shut up, pay attention and learn...I'd dead by now without these guys expertise and generous desire to share...on the other hand...Rennlist is pure fun and relax time between classes...I like both and obviously you guys do too...
Old 04-29-2005, 12:18 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Pedro....
It was Robert that was talking about Rennlist to the oldsters at the Gulf Coast Holiday. I was too busy hanging out with Rennlisters Sharky47 (Daniel), and Adrienne (from the 993 forum) and having fun!! Surprisingly, there are quite a few oldsters that have tried to get to the Rennlist forums and they just gave up. Too many clicks away from the home page I guess. Others do check out the forum, but they never ever post.

BTW: I Like you current post on 356talk about the new COO of PCNA. Funny how the first response you got, tore into the guy without even having any facts. What if the guy is a 356talk list member who checks his emails regularly? Why would he ever want to do anything with the 356 bunch if they all appear to be so negative and hateful to anyone who doesn't think the way "they" do? Who care if you paid someone a million dollars to restore your 356 or if you did it all yourself? A restored car is a saved car the way I look at it. One less car lost to the dump pile. Sheeze.......

JoAnne

PS: My posts are always Blue

Is this where some oldsters would rather see 356's than to have them restored via "credit card???
Old 04-29-2005, 03:02 PM
JayM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A question and a comment. I have been a 356 registry member for years and used to be a 356-talk participant, but with all of the spam and general increase in e-mail coming in to my inbox every day I eventually dropped out from exhaustion. Have they gone to some sort of BBS, or is it still e-mail only?

The comment (and forgive me if everyone here already knows this), regarding ripping the new PCA exec, is that way back when the PCA actively worked against getting 356 registry started, including refusing to take advertising from the original organizers. Apparently they viewed it as competition, and really wanted to focus people on buying 911's rather than taking about 356's. By now, all of those PCA people are long gone, and the PCA seems happy to have the registry co-exist with them. A lot of the 356 registry people are still around, however, and are not eager to either forgive or forget.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

The 356 list has not changed (and some might say it never will). You could use Digest though... To me the volume is not the problem (1 email per day in digest mode) it's more the antiquated format and constant reminders to pipe down and stick to the subject matter - no "chatting" with like minded 356 friends... You could argue that the subject matter has been covered several times over already ;-) After all the last 356 rolled out in 65 or so and Steve's archive has got the answer to pretty much ANY question in there!

Gratuitous insertion of wife's new steed...
Old 04-29-2005, 06:38 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JayM
The comment (and forgive me if everyone here already knows this), regarding ripping the new PCA exec, is that way back when the PCA actively worked against getting 356 registry started, including refusing to take advertising from the original organizers. Apparently they viewed it as competition, and really wanted to focus people on buying 911's rather than taking about 356's. By now, all of those PCA people are long gone, and the PCA seems happy to have the registry co-exist with them. A lot of the 356 registry people are still around, however, and are not eager to either forgive or forget.
Jay...

The comment was about the new COO with PCNA (Porsche Cars North America) and has nothing to do with PCA (Porsche Club of America)
Cheers!
JoAnne

PS: As for your comments about PCA and the Registry, you are right. There are many Registry members that are not ready to forgive and forget yet. Just mention PCA to some of the 356 folks. See what happens. I can understand what they are feeling. Almost all the competative PCA events are geared towards the newer cars. PCA doesn't have a vintage racing series, but they do have a Club Racing for the newer cars. PCA's National Officers don't seem very interested in Concours at all nor Rally for that matter anymore. Yup I feel they think that Newer is better. There were a lot of bridges burned and you know what they say about burnt bridges??? I wonder if they even stopped to wonder why there were only a handful of 356's at the Parade this year. There are a ton of 356's in Texas and they were not there. Then again, I wonder if they even cared..................

PSS: Greg.... Cool!!!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Nice Audi Greg...it looks like a smooth ride...
Yeah Jay...like JoAnne said...it's the PCNA COO...nothing to do with the PCA...by the way, below is a lousy scan of the new COO with his 62 B T6 Super 90...what is it Royal Blue?

PS. JoAnne...your picture looks like the European Collectibles parking lot after a nuclear war!
Attached Images  
Old 05-06-2005, 03:32 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm the first to ask for a forum for 356talk (and did on several occasions on the list)
i personally got tired of ducking for some of my views, gota love the fact that i have to now defend where i work as well as my tastes in cars (oh no a water cooled 911 in the garage)
yeah i drive it and might do some non-stock stuff to my Ford 1L silver 59' coupe like put fronts discs on or add leather or lord forbid convert it to 12v so i can build a decent wiper system - yikes....

anyway - i am ramblig i guess but there are HUGE pluses to being able to read what you want to check out and not EVERYTHING that comes in your mail box, and the ability to put people on ignore is a godsend.....
don't get me wrong i am a card carrying member of the registry and my local chapter(s) (renewed for 10 years in my 2 local clubs actually) - i just would like to see some young blood get into 356's - there are very few of us around (and i am 35!!!)
Old 05-06-2005, 08:52 AM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

I just singed up, I am 21. I guess I am spoiled by Rennlist, I can't stand most other forums now. But your very right, they need to get on the ball and get a real forum going for the Registry, I'm already tired of shoveling through all the mail.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:04 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Guys, It's not going to change.........

What has to happen is SOMEONE is going to have to VOLUNTEER to start a forum within the Registry. The Board of Directors will not turn that down. It's just that no one has wanted to take on the responsibility yet, because it's a big one. When that does happen finally, the Registry will then have two ways of getting information out to 356 enthusiasts. The old timers will stick to using the email form because it is what they are used to and comfortable with, but slowly they will start trying the "new fangled way" too. Change takes a while when dealing with da old folks, ya know???

JoAnne
Old 05-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Pedro....
It was Robert that was talking about Rennlist to the oldsters at the Gulf Coast Holiday. I was too busy hanging out with Rennlisters Sharky47 (Daniel), and Adrienne (from the 993 forum) and having fun!! Surprisingly, there are quite a few oldsters that have tried to get to the Rennlist forums and they just gave up. Too many clicks away from the home page I guess. Others do check out the forum, but they never ever post.

BTW: I Like you current post on 356talk about the new COO of PCNA. Funny how the first response you got, tore into the guy without even having any facts. What if the guy is a 356talk list member who checks his emails regularly? Why would he ever want to do anything with the 356 bunch if they all appear to be so negative and hateful to anyone who doesn't think the way "they" do? Who care if you paid someone a million dollars to restore your 356 or if you did it all yourself? A restored car is a saved car the way I look at it. One less car lost to the dump pile. Sheeze.......

JoAnne

PS: My posts are always Blue

Is this where some oldsters would rather see 356's than to have them restored via "credit card???
Hi...

I'm very new to this section of the board but have been lurking in the shadows for the last few months...tell me please, where and when was the 356 graveyard photo taken? My heart stopped when I saw those little guys there...who could do something as bad as that to these cars. Thats like burning down a church or taking a child's bike and tossing it away.

Thx...

Jim
Old 05-10-2005, 12:42 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JimPDX
Hi...

I'm very new to this section of the board but have been lurking in the shadows for the last few months...tell me please, where and when was the 356 graveyard photo taken? My heart stopped when I saw those little guys there...who could do something as bad as that to these cars. Thats like burning down a church or taking a child's bike and tossing it away.
Thx...

Jim
Actually, I found the pic here on Rennlist. It is very disturbing isn't it?? Maybe it was on the Back 40 of the Former Aase brothers lot in So Cal?? Nah, too green . At one time I heard that there were hundreds upon hundreds of old 356 bodies out in the back "junkyard". I'm sure some of them must of gotten buried in the mire. It's Sad, but in those days 356's were a dime a dozen. Not like now days.....

J

Quick Reply: 356 Registry talklist