Sponsored by:

356 Registry talklist

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 10:36 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Harry!

Well - that's why Rennlist (errrrr - Jen and I give away Rennlist Memberships and "Lifetime Memberships". Just for those who "do" something out of the norm. Just because the "can" and "do"...

I'm guessing the 912, 356 and a few others do as well.

And you are welcome in Jen's and my garage as well - anytime..!!! Heck - maybe we'll even get your 912 lowered to it's proper height!!!

Best to you Harry - and THANKS!!!

John
Old 06-13-2005, 10:40 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

thanks John!

i got the motor rebuilt over the winter, and so now i have the suspension to dial in. i think im going to just wait until winter and then completely go through the whole suspension. now that its got the get up and go, its gotta be able to handle (well handle better)!

reason im waiting until winter or next spring is cause i just want to enjoy the new motor right now. (and ive already spent to much on the car for this year)
Old 06-13-2005, 10:50 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by hoffman912
thanks John!
(and ive already spent to much on the car for this year)
Well - OK - here's the deal....

You come by Jen's and my place (Rennlist "CORPORATE" ) and the lowering will cost you NOTHING! We have a 38' by 24" garage filled with 3 Porsches and lot'sa tools - but I know I can make room....

I've been itching for a an early 911/912 to work on for a while (I'd redo our '68 - but it's running sweet!!!)....

Thanks Harry!!!

John
Old 06-13-2005, 11:04 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Thanks John! you -da man! tell you what, can you wait until next spring? im going to be going to cali again this year and ive promised R & J for the past few years that id make it down there for the 912 & 356 meet they host, so i wont have much vacation time to take off to head to new england.

next spring i should also have everything we need, ball joints, tie rods, koni's, and bushings. i cant make up my mind on the bushings.. neatrix or elephant racing. the elephant racing bushings are much better but 250 a pair.. btw, if you ever need swb ball joints, classic and speed parts has em. they are getting really hard to find (read going up $$$), but he just located a bunch.

one thing that id like to do as well is to get the bannana arm bushings replaced since i will be down there, but i understand thats the worst of the suspension work... gotta remove the gear box, remove the bannana arms, and then you have to use a hydraulic press to get the new bushings fully seated in the arm. have you done those too?
Old 06-13-2005, 11:27 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by hoffman912
.... gotta remove the gear box, remove the bannana arms, and then you have to use a hydraulic press to get the new bushings fully seated in the arm. have you done those too?
Yes sir. BTDT.. I have all the tools and I think - extra bushings..?? You let me know when you'll be by - and you are more then welcome!!!!

Best to ya' Harry!

John
Old 06-14-2005, 12:47 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Wow John that really STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Story is not the only "Hey we need you to help with this, but you can't come to the party". A Concours Judge told me a similar story. He did register in time, but didn't make the cut. They still wanted him to come up and judge, but then leave. He couldn't even go to the Concours Banquet that he'd been a judge for. I don't get it at all.......

Man, I'm really disappointed. NH is a long ways away from Arkansas......
Maybe we can have a Rennlist Convention one day somewhere in the center of the country so everyone can come. I'll help organize it, if you'd let me come...... Seriously, I'd help. I good at that kind of thing.

Wow..... Sucks I tell you... BIG TIME.......

JoAnne
Old 06-14-2005, 01:53 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

i've got it!! the Rennlist Reunion! set it for next summer, in stuttgart kansas OR stuttgart arkansas?
(yes the only two cities in the US named Stuttgart). have it be like a parade, yet more inclusive. registration fees only cover what is necessary, and for those who are not members, have a fee which will include membership to rennlist. (face it, no one wants to pay fees at all but they are necessary for such a large shindig.. have a free t-shirt for those who register so people feel like they get somthing too) but the beauty is that you dont have to be a member to go, but it will get people who show up automatically joined. anyways.. money aside.. have everything, auto-x, de, road tours for each of the forums/engine displacement (ie 993TT or gt3 and 356 shoudlnt be grouped anywhere close to eachother cause we dont want people getting split up also would be a good way to shorten groups into manageable sizes). have concourse, have tech sessions... think 944 fest on a greater scale, to be more inclusive of all walks of life.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:29 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Have you ever been to either Stuttgart???? I know Stuttgart Arkansas is flat as a pancake. It's the Duck hunting capital of the USA thanks to all the rice Fields. Not a very "party" atmosphere Should be somewhere off of a main interstate so it's easy to get to....... Stuttgart AR is in the BOONIES..... AND it's called call it STUD GUARD in these parts.... not Stuttgart!!!

Springfield, MO is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the country. It's a nice little city. that would be a nice place.....

JoAnne

PS: How about we keep this conversation going on another thread so this 356Talk one can be put to bed??!!

Quick Reply: 356 Registry talklist