Sponsored by:

LOTS OF PICTURES!!! 356 Gulf Coast Holiday

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005 | 02:49 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default LOTS OF PICTURES!!! 356 Gulf Coast Holiday

WOW!!! What a weekend! Great Weather, Great Cars, GREAT PEOPLE!!!
104 cars on the grass for the show, 80 cars did the 115 mile long tour on Friday morning lead by the wonderful local sheriff. They were overheard to say that this was the longest procession they have ever lead and will probably remain the longest until Lady Bird Johnson passes......

Here are the first of many pics......

This is the line up for the run on Saturday Morning. The line went around almost the entire complex. Fellow Rennlister Daniel (Sharky47) whose 356 is current,y in a million pieces hitched a ride with another 356er.

This was our set up.

A couple of Pre-A's. I'd love to have that Speedster!!!!!!!

Another one I liked.... Alot! Dove Grey and Blue is a classy color Combo.

Carrera. Enough said.

Rennlisters get together everywhere! Daniel, Adrienne and Me

Wonder if he can wear his hat with the top up???

JoAnne

Last edited by RJT 993; 04-13-2005 at 08:36 PM. Reason: MORE PICS ADDED!!
Old 04-11-2005 | 03:27 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default part #2

I was drawn to this car all day long.

Some of the many Outlaws that were there this year.

Just a little Porsche Weiner

The Best Of Show Winner's engine Compartment.

There's just something about 356's (and 993's) that I Love.

JoAnne
Old 04-11-2005 | 04:00 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default part#3

Okay, another pic of this Speedster. I just LOVED it!!!

This was the winners circle. Maybe you recongnize a certain Silver
Outlaw in the group, No???

Funny thing is I didn't take a single picture with my hubby all weekend long, yet I have several with this young, good lookin' Texan Rennlister, Hmmmmm.....

By the end of the weekend EVERYONE was tired.....

JoAnne

PS: I have many more pictures, But I thought Maybe Daniel and Adrienne would post some too... PLEEEEZE....... ??!!!???

Last edited by RJT 993; 04-11-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-11-2005 | 04:16 PM
Stratman
Racer

Great pics. I was probably one of the many guys that came up and introduced myself. You're JoAnne right? You and Robert just laughed. My wife and talked about the colors of all the cars.

Does anyone know what the emerald green speedsters official color is called? That and one of the cars in the winners line up that had the whitewalls? It was a speedster too and I guessed Gulf Blue but my wife said it was to light.
Old 04-11-2005 | 04:44 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hi JoAnne! My pics are of that old school, film type. I'll drop them off at a lab this week and then post the goodies.

Cool! Winner's Circle for Bad Max. Yay! Well deserved!
Old 04-11-2005 | 04:48 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm not surprised any more by strange men who walk up to her in parking lots filled with Porsches and say "Hi JoAnne"!

The light blue A Cabriolet was painted Sky Blue. We can't say what that green was. We've never ever seen another 356 painted in that particular color. It doesn't mean that it's not a real factory color. We kind of doubt that it's a real color, but.....

It was nice meeting you and your wife. Don't be afraid to post more often!

R and J
Old 04-11-2005 | 04:59 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hi Robert ! It was great talking with you this weekend! I was so awestruck by the 356s, that I forgot to ask for some of your moonshine. So, have one on me!
Old 04-11-2005 | 05:15 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

I talked to the owner of the green car in question - in fact the guy who's car I rode in on the lunch run performed the restoration. It is a Factory color which was only offered for one year, that is the same color that particular car came with believe it or not............

Man I had a great time and I think Robert and JoAnne deserve a special thanks. Other than them (who I never actually met before other than here), I knew NO ONE there. They went out of their way to make me feel at home and introduce me to a lot of really cool people I probably wouldn't have met otherwise. I also was fortunate enought to meet Adrienne as well - it's always cool to put a face to a name to a screename. Behold, the power of Rennlist - thanks guys!

Now, after I get home and get a few things done I will get off my lazy butt and post my pics!
Old 04-11-2005 | 06:53 PM
Stratman
Racer

JoAnne it's not like I'm afraid to post. As Wayne from Wayne's world would say my car is so unworthy compared to all those cars I want hurl. I drive it every day, and yet its body has had 4 paint jobs in the last 10 years and needs another one. I guess that is what sitting outside does to a 42 year old car in the Texas heat/cold of the panhandle.
Old 04-11-2005 | 07:52 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Thanks for the pictures...the beautiful C cab is Dolphin grey (not Dove!) and blue...my car's color combo as well...
Old 04-11-2005 | 08:46 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Pedro356C
Thanks for the pictures...the beautiful C cab is Dolphin grey (not Dove!) and blue...my car's color combo as well...
Pedro,
Oops!!!!! I knew it was Dolphin Grey (that's what Robert told me it was 2 seconds beforehand ) BUT, my brain heard Dove Grey. Must have been all the darned cooing the doves were doing outside of the office window when I typed that!!!!!

Daniel,
Here's proof that you never ever know what factory colors may have been produced for a very short time and that is one of them. It's not on the color chart that we have. Anyway..... I haven't decided if I like that Green color at all, factory or not, and I'm a "green girl" (meaning 1/2 of my clothes are green!!!). He didn't happen to tell you the colors name did he? Enquiring minds want to know. It was really nice to hang around with you all weekend too, we even got to share a Shiner Bock. I liked it, even if some of the others at the table found it "strong" I'm glad that we were able to introduce you to a bunch of knowledgable 356 folks. Hopefully all of us will be able to help answer some of your questions when you start tearing into that 356 of yours!!! You blew me away when you told me that you wanted to buy Harry Pellow's "Secrets of the Inner Circle". Toooooooooooooo cool!!! It's hard for me to believe that I'm old enough to be your Mom!!

Adrienne,
What can I say, it's always nice to see you too! Now it's your turn to make a trek to Hot Springs? How about it??? You can have some of Robert's Moonshine then!!! I can't wait to see you pictures.....

Stratman....
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! No 356 is ever unworthy!! Now bend over for your cyber swats, you bad man. Very, very BAD MAN!!!

Gosh I love Rennlist!!!!
JoAnne
Old 04-11-2005 | 08:59 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

I cannot for the life of me remember the name of that green, it was an odd name though. Then again, there are a lot of odd colors the factory put on these cars...........
Old 04-11-2005 | 09:01 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

One more pic I took:

JoAnne
Old 04-11-2005 | 10:32 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Hi JoAnne...with this super cool "avatar", you can name Flipper as pidgeon and he will be happy! : )
Really great pictures...great cars and a "twist" of people to spice it up...many thanks for sharing...
Old 04-11-2005 | 11:07 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

It's gonna take a few posts to get all these pictures on here......
Attached Images           

Quick Reply: LOTS OF PICTURES!!! 356 Gulf Coast Holiday