Sponsored by:

The Post Pics of 356's Here Thread!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 02:28 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 350 Likes on 155 Posts

Nothing in the world like a spotless clean BLACK 356!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 06:43 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Q
this weekend was a wax on - wax off weekend.

a wash, full hand polish, and a final glaze.

strange thing is after all that work, it doesnt look as black.
It is more a sky / trees / concrete colour....
Man Q that car is sick!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Man Q that car is sick!
thanks SA Mike

i will be posting some pics of my black 993 TT S soon
....not sure it will be as shiney as yours !
Old 12-10-2008, 12:54 AM
maci911
Racer

Default The prototype of the 1933 NSU Type 32

The prototype of the 1933 NSU Type 32
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2008, 11:09 AM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Felthauser '63 S Coupe
Attached Images   
Old 12-25-2008, 09:53 AM
rstrahota
Rennlist Member

Default Photo

Here is a shot of 56 Speedster and 66 911...
Attached Images  
Old 12-25-2008, 09:57 AM
rstrahota
Rennlist Member

Default Photo

Shot of T-6 Roadster...
Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 22 Posts

My '65 356SC at Cars & Coffee, Scottsdale, AZ - 1/3/09
Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2009, 07:51 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Les, Where/when is cars & coffee? I'm spending my first winter in Scottsdale and would love to attend.
Thanks,
Mark
Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkPcar
Les, Where/when is cars & coffee? I'm spending my first winter in Scottsdale and would love to attend.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark, welcome to the desert! Cars & Coffee is the first saturday of every month at the shopping center at Scottsdale and Double Tree Road (8877 N. Scottsdale Rd.). Usually starts around 8:00 - 8:30. Lots of fun, neat cars, and good folks of all stripes, flavors, and preferences. Also happy to get together for drives, coffee, etc. at other times. PM me and let me know where you are. Best, Les
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't close this tab on my browser as the cab in Bali blue is just so mesmerizing, what a gorgeous picture!!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I'm planning to paint mine Signal Red - but, I am constantly drawn to Bali Blue - beautiful color!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jim, I am stuck w/ a red (as in resale red) SC that was originally Irish Green - I wish it still were. Far be it for me to tell anyone what they ought to do w/ their car... so I will just express my own pov & how I got there.

I was introduced to sports cars via F1 & the great "Makes" championships of the late '50s / early '60s. Thus, red meant Italian, green Brit, silver Germany & white/blue USA. My older brother built models of the greats (not much else to do in wintery Grand Forks) - shark-nose Ferrari, Lancia, Mercedes W125, Scarab - always in national colors. So I'm predisposed, one might say.

Thus when I got my first car, a dk blue (over original grey) BMW 1600, I painted it silver, of course (one might argue that its ok for a Bimmer to be white or blue, for obvious reasons). When I was able to buy my first new car, I settled on an Alfa - red, of course (I was unimpressed w/ the 320i, the 924 was, well, what it clearly was & overpriced to boot). I went on to own many Alfas, over many years (even as I added a 356 in '83). As you might imagine, I got real tired of red. When I sold off my last 2 Alfas (to partially fund getting my silver '87 Carrera), I swore I'd never get another red car if I could possibly help it... unless it said Ferrari on it. I thought this might constrain me from buying more cars at all, given the preponderance of red among the marques I prefer (geeze - even BMW went overboard w/ red 3 serie cars). Naturally, when the opportunity to grab another 356 at a decent price presented itself, of course the damn thing was red.

Oh well, I had always preached that when getting an obscure old sports car, the LAST thing that mattered was the color, so I felt bound to take my own advice (for a change) & get it. The prospects of adventure, driving a 36yr old 356 that I'd never seen before (& inspected for all of 30 min) from SLC back to Bama via the "middle of nowhere" Wyoming trumped my prejudice, I must admit. Doing it in 2 driving stints was questionable from a mental health perspective, but "nothing ventured, nothing gained" & "all's well that ends well" are precepts that seem to inform most of my life-choices.

So, while the red HAS grown on me somewhat (there is no excuse for running into a red car, no matter how small it is), when I have looked over 356 coupes in Irish Green w/ Tan int, that classic owner's lament occurs... "damn, I wish that guy had just left it as-was, no matter how bad it looked, & let me make my own choice...".

Over the years, there have been many Porsche reds. From the '70s to the '90s it seems about every 3rd new Porsche was red. So much so that (I suspect) the factory created many new variants of red just because they were themselves getting bored w/ the standard colors... & (maybe?) realized that an overload of red cars would not be great for future resale values or "design timelessness". When you look over the colors that were available back in the day (including the spl order palate), there are some great & obscure ones to consider - especially the blues & greens & even the grays & odd pastel-type colors. Being in LA, I'm sure you've viewed many of these nifty choices (Prussian Blue, Fjord Green, Leaf Green & etc) at the various events. I'd challenge myself to find 2 or 3 colors that are not-so-common, are appealing (only to myself for all I care - not for resale... hard not to go w/ the original color if it's resale one is fixated with... but possible... $$$), & seek out some examples in those colors & spend some time (& variety of light) observing them. Then, if red is still what you want, then red it is. But, if something else strikes your fancy, then you might end up w/ a rare & outstanding 356. Literally.

Please don't get me started on silver. Just read a column in a Brit Porsche mag, something to the effect "Enough with the damn silver 911s, OK?!"
HNY & cheers!
Attached Images  
Old 01-08-2009, 10:58 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 350 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkPcar
Thanks,
Mark
Really???

Robert and I live in Prescott Valley now. That's only hour Northwest of you guys!

You mean we'll FINALLY maybe get to meet. Come of for Lunch or Dinner sometime..................
Old 01-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Mnitz
AutoX

I really like the look of this car:
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...g=&tabNumber=1

http://i10.ebayimg.com/04/m/000/9c/2d/dd7a_27.JPG

It´s for sale too for a very large sum cash!

Quick Reply: The Post Pics of 356's Here Thread!!!!!