SPEEDSTERS

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 02:30 AM
Automotive Legends
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEEDSTERS

Hello Rennlisters,
We are new to the rennlist community and would like to tell you a little bit about our cars. We are the #1 selling SPEEDSTER dealer in the world. Our cars are of exceptional quality, all hand built in Southern California. They are constructed with 80% vintage Volkswagen chassis and drive-train components. The fiberglass body comes in a wide range of colors and offers 3 different engine selections: 1600cc, 1915cc, and 2100cc. All components come with a 12 month/12,000 Warranty. Our cars are offered at a base price of $19,950. Below is a few links to cars for sale at the present time. Please give us a call or stop by the showroom if you're interested.

Automotive Legends

Last edited by Automotive Legends; 03-17-2005 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:01 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

In my very honest and humble opinion......I feel like puking!
Actually, I don't understand why the legal department of PCNA doesn't go after you for trademark infringement for using the Porsche logo.
BTW....This is a PORSCHE discussion forum. Not a VW powered kit car poser forum!

Robert

Last edited by RJT 993; 03-16-2005 at 11:00 PM. Reason: add comments
Old 03-16-2005, 11:08 PM
82911SC
Track Day

I was pretty skeptical at first. I'm not usually one for replicas. However I did get a chance to drive one of these about a week ago and all stereotypes aside this is a great car. I have an 82 911SC and my father has a 64 356SC and I can honestly say that I was impressed with the quality of this particular replica. I'm even considering buying one just as a commuter car. If nothing else, check these cars out. Will and Mike are Porsche enthusiasts who stand behind this car 100%.
-Alex
Old 03-17-2005, 02:51 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

personally i was wondering about rennlist 'advertising' rules more than pcna..
Old 03-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harry,

Given the cost of real speedesters and the availability ...replicas are an option.
It is an ad - no arguements - Automotive legends, say you are sorry and go and sit in the corner.

It is a replica - and a pretty one - but if I was going to go for a replica there are many out there.
I wouldn't spend that much money to have antique volkswagen parts. The French PGO offers the same look on modern engineering.

If you're going to have a replica then go the whole hog, have modern suspension, ABS brakes, etc.,etc., even air conditioning but with the retro look.

maybe we could have a social status among replicas - upper class are ones that use old bits and cheap trash are ones that use modern bits ----or???????????
Old 03-17-2005, 11:52 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I think the problem is calling it a SPEEDSTER in capital letters. It is not a Speedster. It is a Speedster wanna be. Call it what it is a Replica . Also to call themselves the "the #1 SPEEDSTER dealer in the world" is very misleading and arrogant. I think European Collectables probably is the #1 SPEEDSTER dealer in the world today. Too many of these companies that produce Replica's advertise them as the real thing. They are not and it is an insult to those that have spend the time, money and energy to preserve what is left of the real thing.

Everything has a place in the scheme of things, including replica's, just be up front about it. #1 SPEEDSTER Dealer in the world, my foot........

That's all......

JoAnne

PS: I'm really surprised that John D. has not pulled this thread and thrown it into the abyss where it belongs with all the other ONE TIME poster advertisers. I see that he has been banned, but the thread is still here. It not like this guy is a Rennlist regular who is trying to sell his Beck or something. This is a BUSINESSMAN trying to drum up business for FREE here on Rennlist. If he wants buisness, he should become a sponsor just like the other folks in the business of selling products for a profit have done. Hmmmm...... I feel much better now. THANKS JOHN!!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 12:44 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I completely agree about the advertsing-for-free-on-Rennlist aspect, and the assertions made about replica 356's vs real ones - surprising how it does confuse the market (as today, "... now which Bach is this?" or "is this a real Rembrandt or one of his students?"). Yet, I am very happy there is a strong Porsche replica market (plagerism is the sincerest form of flattery?) - this offers us poorer 356 owners an alternative source of costly or rare parts, especially as the factory & OEMs no longer support the older models - it is beginning to effect the 911s, too. Markets respond to scarcity. I am very impressed with what Intermeccanica has done, interesting that it (like Porsche) is a multi-generational family operation. What irritates me is scanning ebay for 356s and having real ones outnumbered by clones 3-1, or more - wish they could be filtered out.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:22 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

i dont thing quality made relicas are a bad thing. im not a big fan of speedster replicas -most are shoddy fiberglass tinker toys that people throw together. but a good quality one made by someone like beck is a different story.

personally id give my right nut for a top quality 904 replica. A 550 replica would be cool.. but im more of a coupe man myself.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:29 AM
Ron_H
928 Barrister
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Harry, have you seen a Beck 904 replica? I had the opportunity of meeting him with his 904 replica at the Florida parade since we stayed in the same motel. I thought it was a well done machine though I didn't experience a ride. What I saw looked interesting anyway.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:19 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

ive seen pics. one of these days, one of these days..
Old 03-19-2005, 01:09 PM
N.Masco
Instructor

I actually saw the 904 here at Willow Springs one day when watching a POC race. I decided to check it out and talk with the owner. Friendly guy. After a nice little conversation, he introduced himself as Chuck Beck. That was a cool experience for me, having admired his work for so long.

Sweet car too. IIRC, he said there was a 3.6 in it at the time just because that happened to be the engine they had on hand when putting it together. Then he explained the "problem" that they had with the windchields. They designed the car to fit the factory widshield they had ordered. When they were getting ready t put it in, they noticed the winshield they had was "twisted" and uneven. When they checked it out with other pieces, it turned out the factory 904 did have that small flaw in the build, that the Beck replica now has too. Talk about faithful copies...
Old 03-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

any websites on the beck 904?
there was another company in england i believe that was making one as well.
<i'm not going to comment on the ad above in the post>
Old 03-24-2005, 07:38 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

www.vintagemotorssarasota.com

Click on inventory, scroll down to 64 904 replica.

Call me a hypocrite, I like the 904 rep, but I have a problem when it comes to Speedster reps. I guess it's because the 904 is SOOOO well done, and the Speedster reps are usually done very cheap and inaccurate.

Robert
Old 04-10-2005, 05:52 PM
BJJones
Instructor

Chesil are the UK compny that make a quality speedster replica called "The Chesil Speedster" I would love a factory built one.

Quick Reply: SPEEDSTERS