Notices
356 Forum 1948-1965
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid Ohio this weekend. Hoffman was that your 912?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 02:26 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts
Default Mid Ohio this weekend. Hoffman was that your 912?

I was at Mid Ohio yesterday for the Vintage Races. Pretty cool Lots of Porsche 962s(?). Some old school racing. Jaguar XKEs, Minis, Benz, Mustangs, a Pantera, Indy Lights type cars.

I was in the Porsche concours erea and I swear I saw Hoffmans nine-dozen. Was that you? I didnt see you. I caravanned in with a few 911 guys even though I drove the WRX. I was hanging out in the Porsche area corral quite a bit. Car looked exactly like yours.

I have some pics from the event. The concours had some pretty cool cars. A couple old Jags were cherry. This guy outside the concours tent brought his REAL Shelby 427 AC Cobra. The thing was so perfect you could have eaten lunch off the spark plugs. Unbelieveable car. I wouldnt even want to fathom how much it was worth. I also saw a 550 Maranello parked in the general parking lot where I parked. It was just there in between a Camry and a Grand Marquis.

I should have brought the Nine Triple Zero, but I didnt think I was going to fare too well in the car show since I hosed up my tail a bit. There ended up about 30-35 Porsches in the show and there wasnt a SINGLE turbocharged Porsche there. No 951, No 930, No 996TT, NOT A ONE. First time Ive EVER seen that. Now can you see I was kicking myself???

Anyway, it was fun, but the haul from south of Dayton is LONG. Thankfully our caravan takes the back roads. Still. 300 mile round trip for me.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:43 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

oops wrong forum
Old 06-21-2004, 03:31 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

yup that was me. i was there all saturday, and til; noon opn sunday cause i had to go to work. lots of great races! saw skirmants battle it out and finaly get by this green 356 that he was battling all weekend.

there was one or two 951s there that weekend. they must not have gone into the porsche corrale

Quick Reply: Mid Ohio this weekend. Hoffman was that your 912?