356talk digests site ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 139 Posts
Default 356talk digests site ?

Once again, 356-talk dropped me... I am starting to hate their software ;-)
A couple daya ago someone said he's put the digests on his website for download. Can anyone give me the site ? Thanks !
Old 06-09-2004, 09:17 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 352 Likes on 156 Posts

356 Talk can be a PITA. If we could just get all those 356ers to come over to Rennlist.......... Or get the registry to change over to this type of Forum.

Sorry I don't know of the website you're looking for.

Robert
Old 06-09-2004, 09:47 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

i tell you what, im registered on the 356 reg mailing list.. it is a pita to go over that email i get everynight.. 40+ messages to scroll through.. yikes!

im grateful that there is the 912bbs for the 912 registry. very nice set up, and very easy to go through.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, I hate to criticize those guys for the work they do but they are awfully resistant to change ! Anybody who mentions a web forum - and there have been a lot in the past - is the antichrist ;-) I think some members (who bought their cars new) never made it to a computer using a browser, that's why ;-) Seriously, yes, a forum such as Rennlist would be nice !
Old 06-09-2004, 11:50 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

you kidding.. we are porsche owners.. porsche owners fear change.

when the 911 came out, they old timers hated it. damn new fangeld body and 6 banger!

and the 80s.. holy **** the engines in the front and its water cooled! what the f&*%!

now.. OMG! AN SUV!?!?!

now get one of the original porshephiles from the 50's to use a computer!? yes.. we fear change..
Old 06-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Greg, its my archive, but i don't want to post a clickable/'bot-able address... I'll PM it to ya. If anyone else needs it, PM me.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:51 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree - I'm done with the 356 Talk List. Not that I don't want to talk about 356's (I own two), but the email based system is such a PIA, it's not worth it.

I was one of the people who, some months back, sugessted a move to a web based forum. I even wrote a list of benefits - ignored. Then over the last few days there has been another round of bashing us technophiles who understand that communications technology has moved beyond the Pony Express.

Here is a quote from a recent email posted to the 356 Talk list. I know the guy, seems like a good guy, I just don't understand the thinking...

"You want a different list? Go make one. You want to use a different format
or style? Knock yourself out. If you build it -- and by the way, that means
*YOU* pay for building it -- they may come. It may be what you want. If it's
good enough, people will use it.

You don't like this one? Don't let the door hit your *** on your way out..."

Does this view represent the 356 Registry, the advertisiers in the magazine? Well, guess what, I'm gone, done, no more dues from me. No more buying your cars, parts, service or advice. I'm happy to pay Rennlist for the membership and the disk space.

My committment - I'm going to make the 356 board here part of my daily routine. Let's work to buil the 356 community over here!
Old 06-18-2004, 02:16 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mark...

You hit the nail on the head. I agree with you. Lets try to make Rennlist another place for 356 folks to hang out. I already check it every day. Let's keep it up.

There are GREAT people in the 356 Registry and we have made many many friends. But as with any club (including PCA) there will always be people with blinders on that think the old way is the only way. There are also those folks who never learned how to do any thing more than open their email on a computer. It's just to hard for them to try something new even if it will be easier to use.

Quote: "Does this view represent the 356 Registry?"
No I don't think so in general. It does however seem to reflect the viewpoint of all the squeaky wheels that don't want to change.

R
Old 06-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeah, the threads on forums have again turned nasty this week ! Didn't think my post would be such a premonition! I don't understand what the big deal is. Most forums are free... but the bulk of the old timers will remain on the talk list, so that's where you have to go for info. Better than nothing... Personally, I don't care so much about the format, it's just that the list drops me every other week for no reason ! Still, anytime someone mentions forums you'd swear you're attacking their manhoods or something ;-)

Ditto on hanging out here - you can post pictures and search the posts. We should post an invite to the 356-list to show up here but that might stir up some more flames ;-)
Old 06-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just for grins, I'll write a file-upload script this weekend to host images for the 356talk people for 24 hours (or delete them at midnight or something like that)... Also, I'm trying to get my 300+mb of 356talk archives up on the Registry site... assuming someone emails me back about them...
Old 06-20-2004, 10:34 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Funny (not really), but someone is is on '356 talk' right now saying he has a bunch of digital pictures from the Dana Point Concours, but "has no way of sharing them with everybody".
I've suggested Rennlist as an alternative in the past, but it fell on deaf ears. ........Oh well!

R
Old 06-22-2004, 03:28 AM
Jerry Garwick
Racer

Location: Prather, California: somewhere in the middle of the State
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to jump in, I recommended that Registry readers check out the Rennlist site and listed the advantage of this format. I have to say, the Registry Talk Net is a real pain to use. The threads just keep going and there is no way to check out a useful artical, or to retrieve it without dealing with lots of crap. Way to go Rennlist.

Quick Reply: 356talk digests site ?