Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official '06 944Fest Photo Dump

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 03:14 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Official '06 944Fest Photo Dump

Thanks to the wonders of technology, I have almost 300 pictures from this weekend. I think there's about 3 or 4 good shots, I'll post up some highlights once they're all uploaded (dialup at the parent's house in PA).

For now, here's the link to the gallery they're going in.

http://evilengineering.com/gallery/v...ter/944Fest06/

FYI, I was the doofus in the black BMW. Thanks for putting up with me!

Camera: Canon S2 IS
Settings: Auto everything, I suck
Resolution: 2592x1944, ~2MB each

I only upload 800x600, lower quality shots in the gallery, but I have full-res/quality versions of each shot, in case you want to make a desktop or blow it up to print out or whatever. Just shoot me a note and I can upload/email you the big boys.

Enjoy!

Last edited by DanG; 02-02-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:20 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it just me? I can't find it.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:25 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 9fitty1
Is it just me? I can't find it.
Dude, it's you I can see all the pictures.

lol, j/k I don't see anything
Old 08-06-2006, 03:27 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Bah you beat me to it Dan I didn't take that many this year, around 45. Here is one, rest tomorrow.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:31 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

sorry guys, the connection here is REALLY slow. You should start seeing pics at that link in a few minutes.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Huh, I hadn't realized red was such a popular color for these cars
Old 08-06-2006, 12:32 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

damn, looks / sounds like it was a good time.
still pissed that I couldnt make it, oh well. maybe next year.
umm...where are the pics? it says the album is empty.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:28 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanG
Thanks to the wonders of technology, I have almost 300 pictures from this weekend. I think there's about 3 or 4 good shots, I'll post up some highlights once they're all uploaded (dialup at the parent's house in PA).

For now, here's the link to the gallery they're going in.

http://evilallianceracing.com/ipw-web/gallery/06Fest

FYI, I was the doofus in the black BMW. Thanks for putting up with me!

Camera: Canon S2 IS
Settings: Auto everything, I suck
Resolution: 2592x1944, ~2MB each

I only upload 800x600, lower quality shots in the gallery, but I have full-res/quality versions of each shot, in case you want to make a desktop or blow it up to print out or whatever. Just shoot me a note and I can upload/email you the big boys.

Enjoy!

Quite slackin' off Dan and upload those photos - still says that it's empty
Old 08-06-2006, 02:31 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

I confess. I had to download a driver for my camera before I could suck the pictures off last night, so I went to sleep. I have them resized, I'll upload all 236 of them in a minute or two. Once again, I have full-res 2592x1944 ~1.5-2 MB versions of each of these shots. But you'll have to wait until Tues-Wed to get them from me, the dialup here at the parent's house is just too slow for that.

http://evilengineering.com/gallery/v...ter/944Fest06/

Last edited by DanG; 02-02-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Come on! I cant believe more people dont have pics!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:13 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Ok, I'll narrorate some of my shots. Beware, this post is HUGE.

This is what my non-turbo's engine bay looked like on Tuesday afternoon

By 10pm Thursday night, I had it completely installed, the steering/suspension all tightened up, and only the starter connections, radiator, hoses/wires on top of the motor, intake mani, and fluids to get it on the road. I could've finished that in another 3hrs or so. But I snapped off the rusted 6-7mm stud that holds the starter solenoid wire on. So I chucked the wrench across the garage, shut the door, and went to take a shower.

When I got out, I packed up all my stuff, loaded it into the bimmer, checked the oil, and filled the cooler. Set out for OH around 8am, I arrived right around noon. Here's the trusty DD...

I didn't really intend on tracking the car, but I did a clutch job about 1000 miles ago, and the rear subframe mount repair over xmas break, so I was comfortable with about 90% of the bolts on the car. When I got to registration, I said 'what the heck, I paid for track time, I may as well use it!' So I ran it through a quick tech inspection with Dan J and was on the track within an hour of getting there. Man did I miss being out on that course! I did my first DE at NL 3 years ago with the ARPCA group that ran this weekend after us. This revived all of those fond old memories. Its been years since I've done a track day in MY OWN car, I've been bumming rides from different buddies since then.

Anyways, the A group was great fun to run with. Very consistent pace and excellent point-bys. Its as if the group had been running together for years. Just a quick comment about the track time in general, I was VERY impressed with the maturity of the group. Everyone was having fun, but keeping things safe the entire time. Dan P even did us the favor of showing what not to do coming through the turns before the front strait, but that was a pre-planned demonstration. Not a single car left the course all day, every driver deserves a pat on the back for that. It makes the idea of doing track days with this group a lot easier for guys like Papa Winslow to swallow.

Ok, back to the pictures. Here's some of the cars in the pits...

Unfortunately I only took a handful of on-track shots of our group, I took a bunch on Saturday of the ARPCA guys, just because I wasn't busy tracking my own car.

After the track day was over, we lined up all the cars on the front strait for a group shot. 3 wide by 13 deep, 1 in the rear, so a total of 40 in the final shots. I think there were a handful that weren't in the shots too, and there were another dozen or so that came for the ARPCA event, so around 50-60 total unique cars?

Here's a couple shots of the campsite. The track was a great place for camping, flush toilets and hot showers were refreshing, and the truckloads of firewood and kegs of beer were even better!

On Saturday we were woken by the rumble of some ridiculously loud Camaro. Actually he didn't fire it up that early, but that thing could wake the dead. It was cool to see some nice track machines buzzing past as we stumbled out of our tents and tried to sweat out our hangovers. I made a quick lap to most of the corner stations to snap some shots with Sam Grant...

Really wish I had done this when we were on track, I'll make sure to do that if I get back there next year. Around lunctime, Dan sent most of the guys out on a poker run style gimmick rally (gimmally, right Scott?). I was a little too beat to handle using my brain and zipping around on the sweet roads in the area, but I wish I'd had done it anyway. Everyone had fun stories coming back from it, sounds like it was pretty tricky and obviously a lot of prep work on Dan P's side.

One of the cars broke down out on the course, and Andy and company went to the rescue. Towed it back and worked on it for a few hours before tracing the problem to a siezed (227k mile original) fuel pump. Cass944 picked up the demo Bosch 044 pump that Lindsey sent out, so not only was he driving in short order, but now he can feel safe that he won't be loosing pressure as he continues to modify the car. We joked that no one know's what Andy's face look like, here's the required picture of him (camo shorts) lending a hand...

As the cars returned from the rally, they lined up for the trophy judging. Here are some shots...

Here's the "Grand Champion" car (sorry, I don't remember who this was), looked like a million bucks...

(A lot of these shots are still loading, they'll be up soon.)

Last edited by DanG; 02-02-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:16 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Some more from the group...

There were a bunch of trophies and prizes handed out. I can't remember who won what. I'll give it a shot...

First was the long driver award, to Beeg from AUS. Not only did he travel the farthest, he also DROVE the furthest, from Denver CO. Usually this trophy is for the furthest 944 driven (not trailered) to the event, but obviously an exception was necessary in this case.

Best modified to Marty with the 968 motor in his 944...

Dan Jauch took Best Street/Track car in his sweet 944...

Dan had to convince more than a few of the guys in his run group that his car was NOT a turbo. Dyno'd at 124 hp to the wheels, right Dan? He was hot on the heels of plenty of turbos through out the day.

Chris (PSUICE) got the Best NA trophy...

'Cuz' took home something, I would've said Best Track but I think that was Chip...

Sam Grant won best Turbo, you shouldn't have any trouble finding shots of his car in my gallery, I probably have 20-30 shots of it!

Here's the Grand Champion again, I apologize, but I think the owner's name is Tim. And of course Winslow is yapping away as usual.

Dan P took home his own trophy for earning the Dyno bragging rights. 390 to the wheels with a little Xylene mixed into the tank. I think I heard it was at 19 psi?

The Calloway guys got the Spirit of the Event award for all the time they spent under the hood or the car. Honorable mentions to Paul for helping Wes with the flat tire and Andy Kilm for being the superhero mechanic for multiple people during the weekend.

Team Harco (Scott Harvey and Winslow) aced the rally to take home those trophies. Of course, the did have that setback when Scott piloted the car into a ditch, leaving one rear wheel floating in the air!

And finally Team AZMI951 got a $100 Lindsey Racing gift cert for turning in the best poker hand from the run.

Once again, the full gallery is up here:

GALLERY LINK:
http://evilengineering.com/gallery/v/gielamonster/944Fest06/

Last edited by DanG; 02-02-2007 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Cass944 is a differnt guy than that Cass. Cass is caster944. Cass944 wasnt at the fest I dont think, he has the really neat looking garnet red car with clear lenses.

How was breakfast at mcdonalds ?
Old 08-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

this shot is AWESOME!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:31 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rock
Cass944 is a differnt guy than that Cass. Cass is caster944. Cass944 wasnt at the fest I dont think, he has the really neat looking garnet red car with clear lenses.

How was breakfast at mcdonalds ?
Oh, my bad. And wait, wasn't Cass944 the guy you nailed in the back with your balled up garabage at Mickey D's? Oh no... that was just some random Ohioian. That was great.

Quick Reply: Official '06 944Fest Photo Dump