Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IceShark is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation IceShark is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you soooooooo much! HAHAHA. I don't know what to say! Your battery cable kit is rediculous! I don't know what happened!

My car feels and drives like a brand new MODERN car!!!! All the little quirks have dissapeared!!!!

My temp. guage stays put lower than ever and doesn't move a millimeter! My car stayed cool all day!!!!!!!! Even through minor traffic! It didnt move!!!!!!!!! (in three years ive never once seen this happen!)

Climate controls work correct now too! (i dont know what that has to do with it though...but it works!) All these weird little bugs are gone!

Oh and i have freon again! (not from the kit however!) So now i can drive in my new feeling car and stay cool! I'm gonna go nuts! I just wanna drive nonstop now!

The best money i ever spent besides what i paid for my car was for the IceShark Battery Cable kit. Good job bro. You really made a product above and beyond the rest. Thanks you.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:10 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

The battery cable kit made your car run cooler?
Old 08-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

I don't know if it did or not. Something has certainly changed. I've never sat in traffic with a cool engine. Unless freon has something to do with it that i don't know about? Whatever happened, im happy!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pearldrum944
The battery cable kit made your car run cooler?
Nope, the guages are just very sensitive to electrical changes. When I added a good ground to my car, my temp guage dropped significantly as well, and a bunch of other things started working a bit better. The car started faster, etc. etc. etc.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

hmmmm.......interesting. but y would the new ground change the responce of the temp gauge? i mean aren't these calibrated to move to a certain line at a cartain temp. could this mean that the new cable put the gauge out of calibration, unless the engine is actually running cooler becuase of a better ground ( i do not realy understand how that would work)?

I am not trying to refute what you guys are saying or experiancing, i am just curious and trying to understand what is going on. This just does not make sense to me for some reson?
Old 09-01-2005, 04:04 AM
35thSLP
Burning Brakes

If you have a poor ground then the reistance from the sender is going to be higher and the gauge will act funny or give eroneous readings. Anyone know if Ice shark has sold all the cables he made?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Paul C 944
Burning Brakes

I have had the same experience with my car after installing th the battery kit.

Trending Topics

Old 09-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Holson
Instructor

Could it be that now the aux. fans come on intermittently (triggered by the A/C's high side switch) and cools the radiator (while cooling the condenser too)?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

I don't know! I had virtually my whole cooling system replaced earlier this year and the car still did not run as cool as this. I thought I was heading for a new waterpump. (which i will do at my next belt change anyways...)

Looks like im good for now!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Clowd
Pro

How do I get one?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:56 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad the cables helped your car!

Regarding cooler running, two things likely happened. First is the gauge and sender are more accurate due to proper (higher) voltage in the system. The new negatives probably made over 50% of that change as the stock cars have very poor grounding by now.

Second, the fans are running faster while sitting in traffic or going slow due to higher voltage so you don't have quite the roller coaster in keeping the coolant at a constant operating temperature.

The original full battery cable build is all sold out and deposits made. Some people still have to send in final payments and there is a waiting list if a few of the original people end up backing out. I can still make some more main negatives if people want but the positives are a different story.

I need to order the fuses and fireproof fiberglass sleeve in such large quantities that I need 50 people to commit. That would probably take until next spring to fill out.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:39 PM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Does anyone have a link to a website that sells them?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

read the post above yours... that's where you get em...
Old 09-01-2005, 01:26 PM
ljibis
Instructor

I've been noticing some guage flutter and odd behavior at times. This upgrade seems to have some really great affects on the whole car. I would definitely commit to buying a set if you decide to build some more.

Additionally, since I live in Minneapolis I'd volunteer to help however I can in exchange for whatever.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:34 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue S2
DUDE OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you soooooooo much! HAHAHA. I don't know what to say! Your battery cable kit is rediculous! I don't know what happened!

My car feels and drives like a brand new MODERN car!!!! All the little quirks have dissapeared!!!!

My temp. guage stays put lower than ever and doesn't move a millimeter! My car stayed cool all day!!!!!!!! Even through minor traffic! It didnt move!!!!!!!!! (in three years ive never once seen this happen!)

Climate controls work correct now too! (i dont know what that has to do with it though...but it works!) All these weird little bugs are gone!

Oh and i have freon again! (not from the kit however!) So now i can drive in my new feeling car and stay cool! I'm gonna go nuts! I just wanna drive nonstop now!

The best money i ever spent besides what i paid for my car was for the IceShark Battery Cable kit. Good job bro. You really made a product above and beyond the rest. Thanks you.

Can it cure male pattern baldness too?!?

Quick Reply: IceShark is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!