Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

WTB: 19" NB 997 Concave 5-spoke or twin 5-spoke forged wheels - no black

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 01:26 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,172 Likes on 3,936 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996, 997
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

The Forgeline SC1s arrived on Friday and look even better in person than in the photos. The finish I selected is their brushed and cleared. I love the way part of the face is brushed, but they left some of the machined surfaces unpainted and just cleared them to protect the aluminum finish. The way the light plays off the different surfaces and 2 different finishes is awesome.

They're also extremely light - 22 lbs for the front and 23 for the rear

They look so nice, I spent the better part of the weekend doing a wash, claybar, polish, and sealant on the host vehicle - my 2005 997 RUF R-Kompressor.

I'll get them mounted, road force balanced, and installed this week, and hopefully have time for a photo shoot this weekend.

Stay tuned.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:24 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

The wheels look beautiful. Looking forward to seeing them mounted.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:06 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey Petz, what wheels are you getting rid of? I am looking for a set of wheels for Blumajik II as soon as she comes out of the paint shop.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:06 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ocmacman
Hey Petz, what wheels are you getting rid of? I am looking for a set of wheels for Blumajik II as soon as she comes out of the paint shop.
I'm not planning to get rid of the Champion RS171s currently on the car just yet. I have a lot of money in them with the custom polish and clear powder-coating that was done on them, so going to store them for a while to make sure these new ones are exactly what I want and that the car drives right with them. Might decide to let them go at some point though.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:28 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Fitted the wheels to the car today and the offsets fit exactly how I wanted them to look. Front wheels have about 6mm clearance to the large 6-piston PCCB calipers and rears are exactly flush with the fender - not protruding at all. I'm waiting on a second set of center caps that I'm going to customize with a RUF logo, so not sharing full view shots of the wheels themselves yet, but here are the fltment and clearance shots. Only thing I had to do was slightly trim the GT2 rear brake cooling scoops I'm running, but knew that would be the case when doing the measurements for the wheel widths, offsets, and clearances.prior to ordering.

Clearance from front caliper to front wheel. I asked Forgeline to maximize the concavity of the wheel based on my worksheet measurements and although a lot isn't possible on the front, they certainly did their best.

I run hub studs on my car to help protect the PCCB rotors during wheel removal & installation. The mounting flange thickness on these rear wheels is thinner than that of my Champions - probably to save as much weight as possible, so my studs were bottoming out in the Ti closed-end lug nuts. Solution: convert them to extended length open end lug nuts at the rear of the car, which World Motorsports said would be fine, since their open end lug nuts share essentially the same construction as the closed-end ones (thanks Craig).

From Rear

From Front

From Door looking Rearward

Rear shot

From Rear with a little more side angle

From Middle looking forward
Old 03-23-2017, 12:01 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks awesome Pete, congrats!!!!

Looking forward to seeing full install pics!
Old 03-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Finished pics are in this new thread to get it out of the Classifieds section - https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post14061731
Old 03-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Signature Wheel
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ocmacman
Hey ocmacman--what color are you going with on "Blumajik II?" Post some photos when she's out!
Old 03-27-2017, 12:14 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'm going to close this thread since the finished product is now here and no longer Classifieds related -
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum...l#post14061731

Quick Reply: WTB: 19" NB 997 Concave 5-spoke or twin 5-spoke forged wheels - no black