Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

For sale militia? Anyone else with me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 07:06 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My vote!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:37 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

How come one of the mods hasn't intervened to weigh in his opinion? Have you thought about that? Maybe they don't take you seriously...? I don't know...
It's amazing what bothers some people... GLWS is bad? I thought it's a free bump for the seller and a good word or compliment never hurt anyone. On the contrary.
I think it's age related. I've noticed myself : the older I get the crankier.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 581 Likes on 255 Posts

Jason - if you have the time... You have my vote also. The FS section has been ridiculous lately.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:29 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A local car enthusiast website I frequent does not allow responses (except the original poster) in the Classifieds.
People who are actually interested can contact the seller in private. Works great with no drama.

Even better you don't have idiots replying to 3 year old threads asking "Is this car still for sale?"

http://www.revscene.net/forums/used-...-sale-only_47/
Old 06-13-2014, 09:46 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
How come one of the mods hasn't intervened to weigh in his opinion? Have you thought about that? Maybe they don't take you seriously...?
Further evidence that nothing works here and that we're on autopilot buddy. You could post a 17 page manifesto here on your way to an AR15 infused armageddon and the mods wouldn't intervene because we don't know who they are and neither do they.

I have read everyones suggestions and I think that this is needed. Still not sure if I'm the guy to be the enforcer, but now we know that something is definitely needed...
Old 06-13-2014, 10:08 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts

I kept all of my correspondence with "guilty parties" off the radar.
Due Diligence is everyones responsibility.

A database of cars is reasonable. Somebody on the S Registry is already doing a pretty good job of tracking sales of the early cars and RS's. (Do not try to slide one by)

These days the market is a Wild West Show and multiple sales in a short period of time are not uncommon.

Auctions have had cars come through that were less than advertised. I will not get into details but let's say just because someone is supposed to be a good restorer doesn't necessarily mean he can't screw the pooch. I've seen this happen more than once.

As auction houses aren't ones to have their reputations sullied these go away silently with a pay-off or buy back and you will never hear about it. None of the rags will report this sort of thing because you don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Fronkenstein
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JD whatever works as far as ROTR (rules of the road). As I said I am nearly always in front of a display of some kind plus I have little patience for spam, scam and bs so I am willing to give it a whirl.

Fronkensteen
Old 06-14-2014, 12:37 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 65 Posts

JDHertz11, you get my vote also. I add little value to RL other than $, and I acknowledge that the serious time some members give to our community is of far greater value. Thanks to all of you. I hope you can generate a more efficient and effective for-sale site, which may have to include number of posts qualifiers. However, there is some real risk that posting numbers will be similar to body counts, and so might result in overall negative changes. I'm not certain of this; it's just a thought. You guys are demonstrating a commitment to RL, and to all of the rest of us who benefit from your efforts. The only thing I love more than being on RL is the P-cars I have held and cared for over the last 43 years. Best of luck!
Old 06-15-2014, 02:04 AM
GWTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Further evidence that nothing works here and that we're on autopilot buddy. You could post a 17 page manifesto here on your way to an AR15 infused armageddon and the mods wouldn't intervene because we don't know who they are and neither do they.

I have read everyones suggestions and I think that this is needed. Still not sure if I'm the guy to be the enforcer, but now we know that something is definitely needed...
I only visit Rennlist occasionally now, but when I do, I come right to the Classifieds. An active moderator is a good thing. Add my vote to the rest.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:47 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

The current classifieds was a great example of don't fix it if it ain't broke, used to work perfectly. Can't use it at all since it was improved, and was told I was "doing it wrong" when I posted about it...

That said i watched on pelican as a thief was selling stolen parts over and over establishing new user names every few months or weeks unchecked. Buyer beware but simple things can be done to limit theft and abuse.

Oh yea is this car still for sale?....
Old 06-15-2014, 12:45 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by J richard
That said i watched on pelican as a thief was selling stolen parts over and over establishing new user names every few months or weeks unchecked. Buyer beware but simple things can be done to limit theft and abuse.

The Wild West. Many of my contributions to my "bad actors" file came from there. Some here too though.

Quick Reply: For sale militia? Anyone else with me?