Notices

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera RS Clubsport

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well that's a pretty sh**ty post. I never once talked about my car. Why would you insult me and my car just because I would take a CGT over a Singer? I have seen the Toronto Singer many times. Just because I don't like it you don't have to take it personally. I don't particularly like the Singer because the bespoke interior is just not my thing. And how do you know someone wouldn't cross shop a Singer vs a CGT? I sure as heck would. Two Porsches , both 2 door sports cars at somewhere near the same price point. At any rate, if you disagree that's fine but personally insulting me and dissing my car out of the blue reminds me of a previous rennlist member.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

We might want to step back a bit here FWIW.... Of course you can cross shop anything, and I suspect Bacura's original post reflects the fact that the price of a 993RS is approaching previous CGT territory..

Personally, while I recognize the amazing amount of work that goes into a Singer and have seen three of them up close, I do not really warm to the concept of re-imagining the early 911 and bringing it to the current era. I know many people love it , but if I wanted to spend that kins of money there are many other cars I would consider first.

Porsche is not the only marque with this kind of secondary supplier. In the UK Henry Pearman makes stunningly beautiful Eagle E types that are fully upgraded ( for big money) , but again I would prefer the original ( and inferior) E type.

As for the CGT vs the 993 RS, I understand the appeal of the CGT and it is a magnificent car to drive, but for me ,possibly because I just love the whole RS thing, it would be the 993RS. I have no expectation that it would perform like a modern car but there is something nicely primitive about it that appeals to me.

We can all agree or disagree but i would suggest that we let a little peace break out. This ain't Trump vs Clinton, thank God.......
Old 10-04-2016, 04:58 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm attacking your controversy in calling the singer a kit car and attempting to call me out on the analogy that you didn't get. You seem to be a fan of special editions so why you're so adamant that the singer is a "not real Porsche / kit car" confuses me. I brought you personally into this because of the way your posts in general come across (in all threads not just this one), and I get the sense it's all about the latest and greatest to brag about. Call it an observation, right or wrong - it obviously rubbed me the wrong way and inspired me to write an "overboard" post.

You're right, you can cross-shop anything - I take that back. Everyone will have a different reason for looking at various cars and that's great.

What was the original thread about anyway? I seem to have forgotten....
Old 10-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Forget it. I'm out.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:15 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Knight
Wow that dealer or someone actually put on that many KM's is very surprising! I somehow recall it being around low 20K kms, guess it was lower.
my bad. the car had 31000 km's when imported to Canada.
Attached Images  
Old 10-26-2016, 10:03 PM
jmh981
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacura
Forget it. I'm out.
Hey, I'm with you - no love for the Singer at all. I'm a 100% stock kind-of-guy so all that handiwork is lost on me, but I recognize the quality / scarcity of the model and understand the desire of others.

Sometimes this place [most forums really] reminds me of some of the conversations I had with friends when we were kids - talking about favourite movies, hockey players, cars etc. We really don't change all that much...
Old 10-27-2016, 11:13 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

I definitely appreciate what Singer does and I would choose it over this old RS for the same money but overall I don't really lust over one. I agree I'd be into Carrera GT if they were anywhere near the same money.

I find the Singer a bit overdone...too perfect. Obviously that's very appealing to some people and unlike many I think the interior is the best part.

More and more, however, I'm interested in the experience of older cars. They provide such a stark contrast to the anodyne driving experience of new cars, including the 991 and especially the 991.2 which I thought was just dull (despite what car magazines are reporting).

Quick Reply: 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera RS Clubsport