http://www.sciencealert.com/audi-hav...-air-and-water
Old 04-28-2015, 02:05 PM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
Here is something about Diesel that can change A LOT of "things" :
http://www.sciencealert.com/audi-hav...-air-and-water
Interesting ! would like to see the real world testing specs on emissions, MPG and what this new fuel would do to older diesel engines.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I thing this could be a "MAJOR" news, as this process act, by nature of fact, as a battery for clean energies.

Note that it is also CO2 recycling, i.e.: not generating "new" CO2 from the fossil fuel, but taking already released CO2 before the burning process, making that "new burn" not a CO2 addition !!!!
***** This process is CO2 neutral *****

The technical note explain that the "overall efficiency process" is in the magnitude of 70%.
As 1 (one) liter of Diesel has an energy in the range of 10 kWh, I would understand that the energy required to produce that liter of Diesel with this process, should be in the range of 15 kWh.
With the solar energy cost (no taxes included) being in the range of 6 cents per kWh, this would set the cost of production of one liter of "Blue Diesel" at 90 cents.

If all the above is the truth, I would tend to think that some of the World largest companies (oil) would have to think quite deeply !

Sure, some would say, i.e.: in France, where the 70% of the electric power is nuclear based, and during the middle of night, ..there is no demand, (beside some from “guys” in my country that are buying it dam cheap, to pump water from the lake of Geneva, to put it on the lake of Hongrin, located about 800 meters higher, to turbine that water down, in the peak hours next day when there is the best demand for electricity !)
Yes, the Lake of Hongrin is one of the largest battery of the World !

But, with such process, “making Diesel” on the middle of the night could be also a very attractive activity ..for the electric company of France !
Or, could let some people saying that cars may become nuclear powered !

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 04-29-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Quick Reply: World Embraces Diesels, Americans Play Hard to Get