Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

958 Cayenne changes from normal steering wheel to multi-function steering wheel help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 02:26 PM
varit7530
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 958 Cayenne changes from normal steering wheel to multi-function steering wheel help!

My 958 Cayenne came with normal steering wheel, but I have planned to change to multi-function steering wheel.

I got one from my friend.
It is a used MF steering wheel which comes with a set of slip-ring and whole control column.

Today, I have installed the new MF steering wheel. All the connector work perfectly, but it turns out that I cannot use the whole MF button on the steering wheel (The backlight is on and paddle shift works fine.)
I guess that I might need to get an activation code of MF button or something.

Does anyone have this kind of experience?

Please help me.

Thanks a lot
Old 03-06-2016, 02:43 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah you'll have to get the vehicle coded to use the new wheel.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:35 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Are all the vehicles pre-wired to use the MF steering wheel or do you need a new wiring harness, too?
Old 03-06-2016, 03:39 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Are all the vehicles pre-wired to use the MF steering wheel or do you need a new wiring harness, too?
My understanding is that the heater is the only function not pre-wired if not installed from the factory. The MF controls are just CAN messages and the CAN bus already goes up to the column switches so my understanding is that the correct clock/slip ring connects up and feeds it to the wheel.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:08 PM
bill1979
3rd Gear

Default Hi

[QUOTE=varit7530;13082122]My 958 Cayenne came with normal steering wheel, but I have planned to change to multi-function steering wheel.

It is a used MF steering wheel which comes with a set of slip-ring and whole control column.

Today, I have installed the new MF steering wheel. All the connector work perfectly, but it turns out that I cannot use the whole MF button on the steering wheel (The backlight is on and paddle shift works fine.)

Please help me.

Thanks a lot[/QUOT
Old 10-21-2016, 07:12 PM
bill1979
3rd Gear

Default Any joy with your steering wheel controls

Hi there

I was wondering did you manage to get the steering wheel controls to work?, and if so what did you have to do to get them to work ?

iv also bought a Cayenne which didn't come with the controls and wanting to upgrade the steering wheel too I would appreciate it if you could share your experience and knowledge about it

thanks
Bill

Originally Posted by varit7530
My 958 Cayenne came with normal steering wheel, but I have planned to change to multi-function steering wheel.

Please help me.

Thanks a lot[/QUOT
Old 10-21-2016, 07:19 PM
bill1979
3rd Gear

Hi there

I was wondering did you manage to get the steering wheel controls to work?, and if so what did you have to do to get them to work ?

iv also bought a Cayenne which didn't come with the controls and wanting to upgrade the steering wheel too I would appreciate it if you could share your experience and knowledge about it

thanks
Bill

Quote:
Old 10-21-2016, 11:47 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Perhaps the multi-function wheel you received from your friend is left-hand drive?

Just kidding, glass of wine made me do it. best of luck with the install!

Quick Reply: 958 Cayenne changes from normal steering wheel to multi-function steering wheel help!