Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Available Panamera 4S Allocations ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:46 PM
farlist1211
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Available Panamera 4S Allocations ?

Hi,

Long time follower, first time poster.

We had a mix up or some issue with the general manager changing at our dealership, and our Panamera 4S order was never put through .

They're offering me an allocation for July/August delivery right now, was wondering if anyones dealers had an open allocation for late March/Early April, or really any time before August. My dealer was giving about 6% off a $121K car, I've been with the same dealer for ten years now, but with the general manager changing and my car not being properly ordered I think it's time for a change.

Any help would be appreciated .
Old 01-24-2017, 06:43 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

why not have the dealer just locate a car to your liking?? If they are not helpful then like u said, time for a change. Not a big deal if it s one or two options off/extra IMO. I never order because I can always walk away from a car as long as I didn t order it once I see it.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:02 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

You can walk away from it even if you did order it.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:29 AM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

didn t know you can do that with Porsche?? so you can order something and then say you don t like the color combo n person, just say I pass on this car??
I guess we are talking 2017s?? so they may come slow for a while too.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 893 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by cerbomark
didn t know you can do that with Porsche?? so you can order something and then say you don t like the color combo n person, just say I pass on this car??
It's not true. When you order a new custom configured car, you will enter into a sales contract and will need to post a deposit. For some very desirable GT cars, this deposit has traditionally been refundable because dealers were able to turn around and sell them above MSRP provided the configuration was not too exotic.

The only way to find out what your specific dealer practice is for a new Panamera Order is to speak to your dealer as it will vary.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cerbomark
I guess we are talking 2017s?? so they may come slow for a while too.
Maybe it's up to the dealer but that's what my dealer does. My deposit was totally refundable for any reason, not liking the look of the car, unfavorable financing issues such as the interest rate changing from when you ordered the car, etc.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,332 Likes on 491 Posts

In the UK the deposit is at risk if you cancel your order after 'locking down' your spec. This is especially the case if the car ordered is less readily sellable (e.g. Unusual colour, rare combo of exterior/interior, unusually high or low spec etc).

Deposit here on a Panamera is UK £5,000.00
Old 02-01-2017, 06:03 PM
zelement
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 9 Posts

I've never had to put down a deposit for a custom order. I guess if you special ordered a unique color combo or options they may require you do that but I always order white on black. I guess those are one of the most sought after color combos on most cars.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:17 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,332 Likes on 491 Posts

Yes, I think a white Porsche with black interior would always find a buyer pretty quickly.

I think there are a few differences between the UK and the US when ordering/buying a Porsche... ;-)

Quick Reply: Available Panamera 4S Allocations ?