Sponsored by: APR

OEM Porsche Leather Recaro seats by 311RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 02:04 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
white 1gt3 (marty's old sled)!! gotta take lbs out of the seats as tony's bar & belts are going in too!!!
?!??!?!!! But it already has LWBs!!
Old 09-28-2016, 12:18 PM
Gibbens
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a big guy and was wondering how the Profi XL compares to a standard two-way in width.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:29 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
?!??!?!!! But it already has LWBs!!
e-vil plans afoot...........!!!!

Old 09-28-2016, 01:56 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 104 Posts

Another question i just skimmed the whole thread but didn't see it (may have missed it) - Can you use the regular shoulder/lap belt still? Not sure I would want to always be in a harness with even the occasional drive to work.

Also how about the coding out of warning lights and such. I know a porsche shop can do it but sometimes you have to tell them how. For example i think i saw another thread that stated you need to have the 18ways in the car to code them out before removing them otherwise you get a persistent warning light.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:25 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by bk_911
Another question i just skimmed the whole thread but didn't see it (may have missed it) - Can you use the regular shoulder/lap belt still? Not sure I would want to always be in a harness with even the occasional drive to work.

Also how about the coding out of warning lights and such. I know a porsche shop can do it but sometimes you have to tell them how. For example i think i saw another thread that stated you need to have the 18ways in the car to code them out before removing them otherwise you get a persistent warning light.
1. Yes you can use 3 point with Profi XL. Not so with other race seats.

2. Correct, I've heard you have to turn off the airbag light with the standard seat still in the car, and THEN install the race seat. Haven't tried it myself yet.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:49 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbens
I'm a big guy and was wondering how the Profi XL compares to a standard two-way in width.
Here are the dimensions of the Recaro Profi XL for reference. We found them to fit a 6'4" 250lb person nicely. Any bucket seat will require a certain technique for larger framed guys to get in and out of, but the Profi XL because of it's size is one of more friendly buckets.

Originally Posted by vantage
1. Yes you can use 3 point with Profi XL. Not so with other race seats.

2. Correct, I've heard you have to turn off the airbag light with the standard seat still in the car, and THEN install the race seat. Haven't tried it myself yet.
Thanks for answering these questions for us.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:51 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Today we tightened up a few embroidery samples for a 997 S client. The cocoa brown factory Porsche leather is so choice.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:15 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

If we can get orders for two more sets by Weds, we can offer an $125/seat discount as we'll be able to place a bulk order. Any questions, just ask. We're happy to help and love to collaborate during this process.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:23 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Submitted my order to Ryan today after dragging my feet for a few months. Can't wait to see how it comes out.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:07 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

seats are well uphostered and mounts work well

but strong word of warning... beware the install process... you MUST MUST MUST FIRST decode the side airbag using PIWIS with THE ORIGINAL SEATS IN THE CAR, otherwise the error code seen by PIWIS on the Recaros lacking the thorax airbag WILL NOT let you shut those airbag sensors off... so then you cannot defeat the dash airbag error light...

i had not known clearly about this so I am greatly enjoying doing the entire uninstall/install process TWICE, and missing track days as a result with the car

NOT FUN
Old 10-07-2016, 10:38 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 104 Posts

but strong word of warning... beware the install process... you MUST MUST MUST FIRST decode the side airbag using PIWIS with THE ORIGINAL SEATS IN THE CAR, otherwise the error code seen by PIWIS on the Recaros lacking the thorax airbag WILL NOT let you shut those airbag sensors off... so then you cannot defeat the dash airbag error light...

i had not known clearly about this so I am greatly enjoying doing the entire uninstall/install process TWICE, and missing track days as a result with the car

NOT FUN
Got some pics of the seats installed?

Any chance you will be at laguna 11/6?
Old 10-08-2016, 01:17 PM
pvgolfer
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
Submitted my order to Ryan today after dragging my feet for a few months. Can't wait to see how it comes out.
Good to know that someone in SoCal is picking up a pair of these seats. I hope to see yours at a future SoCal meet up.

I spoke with Ryan earlier this week and was tempted to order a set. However, I'm looking for a regular Profi (non-XL) and they haven't created a digital template for that seat yet.

Please keep us informed... Thanks!
Old 10-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

NOT FUN
Oops, I should have warned you about that.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:54 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Do you guys know if I need to take my car back to the dealer when re-installing my 2-way seat? I anticipate swapping my 2-way and this 311RS Recaro with some regularity, depending on whether I am grand touring or otherwise.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:24 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bk_911
Got some pics of the seats installed?

Any chance you will be at laguna 11/6?
not sure on laguna yet brendan, but will let you know ... i take pics of the seats if/when they are re-installed successfully... dealer just cannot turn off the side airbag error light, they have tried for 2 days ... it's a bitch... hoping this can work as i intended, or else this may be an expensive mistake on my part

Originally Posted by Mech33
Oops, I should have warned you about that.
ugh... need a beer...

Quick Reply: OEM Porsche Leather Recaro seats by 311RS