Sponsored by: APR

Rear wheel Brake fluid dripping

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Yofayez
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear wheel Brake fluid dripping

I've noticed in my rear left wheel there is brake fluid dripping inside the wheel. Any of you faced the same issue? I'm worried there might be a leak or something more major. The car is 1 day old.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:39 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Yofayez
I've noticed in my rear left wheel there is brake fluid dripping inside the wheel. Any of you faced the same issue? I'm worried there might be a leak or something more major. The car is 1 day old.
I would call the dealer asap. That's a safety issue. If it were me I'd jack up that corner and pull the wheel to see exactly where it is and how bad. If it's a significant leak I would not drive it and call Porsche roadside. not worth the risk.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Could be something very simple to fix, but like the previous poster says, don't take chances. I would check the level in the fluid reservoir to get an idea how much has leaked out. If it is just a tiny bit (reservoir still appears full) you are probably okay to drive to the dealer. Otherwise call the truck.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:06 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

If it's brake fluid don't drive it,have them send the flat bed.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:18 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
Could be something very simple to fix, but like the previous poster says, don't take chances. I would check the level in the fluid reservoir to get an idea how much has leaked out. If it is just a tiny bit (reservoir still appears full) you are probably okay to drive to the dealer. Otherwise call the truck.
That advise is so wrong in so may ways.

If its a leak than any press of the pedal is going to squirt out even more.

Pulling the wheel and looking at the caliper and lines is one thing. Calling dealer is the best course here
Old 07-01-2016, 06:28 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

is this your first car ?
Old 07-01-2016, 06:55 PM
doborder
Rennlist Member

F this... I say call the truck and flat bed it... no reason to take a chance with brakes...
Old 07-01-2016, 09:16 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,089 Likes on 572 Posts

Are you sure it's brake fluid? I would pull the wheel and see what's going on . Carl
Old 07-01-2016, 09:24 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Did they wash your car before you took delivery and then you drove the car straight home.....?
Old 07-01-2016, 09:40 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

They may not have tightened the bleed screw on the caliper fully. This happened to me once. The screw can be difficult to tighten on the GT4 rear caliper with the wheels on due to its angle.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:59 PM
electronspeeder
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is brake fluid, don't drive it. Not only is it potentially unsafe, you could get it on to your paint. Given enough time, brake fluid will damage your paint.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:55 PM
Yofayez
Intermediate

So I took it to a tire place and looked underneath the car. It seems that there is a leak of some sort. Check the photo and please let me know what is that tube for, the one black tube with a white connection.

What's is leaking is the white connection for the black tube.<br/><br/>Please let me know if this is the brake fluid
Old 07-01-2016, 11:12 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

That location is the bottom of the strut so I believe it is part of the PASM system. But are you sure that is the source? Did you remove the wheel and inspect the caliper and brake line? To be sure there is no leak in that system? If you're sure it's not a brake system leak then take it to the dealer service dept and get the techs to repair under warranty.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:42 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Yofayez
So I took it to a tire place and looked underneath the car. It seems that there is a leak of some sort. Check the photo and please let me know what is that tube for, the one black tube with a white connection.

What's is leaking is the white connection for the black tube.<br/><br/>Please let me know if this is the brake fluid
I'll admit my eyes are getting old, but that 'black tube' looks like wiring and the 'white connection' looks like a wiring harness....
Old 07-01-2016, 11:58 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Yes, I believe that's correct that it is the electrical connector to actuate the valve inside the PASM shock. So I think it enters the fluid filled shock there and perhaps it is leaking. Or there is a leak somewhere else and it is draining to that point. I'm not an expert on these shocks at all. I've seen some with the connection on the top, but seems the GT3 and GT4 have the connectors at the bottom. If it wasn't so flamin hot here I'd poke around and see where that goes on my car out of curiosity.

OP- still think you should get the car to the dealer to fix the issue. You're covered under warranty.

Quick Reply: Rear wheel Brake fluid dripping