Notices

Sample vbo files for building scene?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 01:37 PM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize this thread is old. (Sorry).

After googling around for a bit, I landed here and it might be my best hope.

I just bought the Vbox HD2, lap timer and ShakeNBake's GT4 Scene from Peter. While I did a lot of "internet keyboard warrior" searching, a large chunk of the decision was because of ShakeNBake's video review and all the posts in various places from him, Peter, and FergusH. Thank you all for sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

My Vbox is on the way. It will be installed Friday morning for a track day on Saturday. I found some sample VBO files (via Google) to play with in the meantime, but nothing with video. Most Google searches will come back with rendered video on Youtube and such, which is not what I am after here. I'm sure it exists but is buried in the search results.

I've harassed Peter enough for a 24 hour period, so thought I would ask more widely.

Would anyone be willing to make available a sample VBO with video via Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar?

I would like to use the time between now and this weekend to try and get familar with the software. I'm not going to have a lot of time between install and track day to configure and test everything, so I want to put myself in the best position to succeed.

-V
Old 02-07-2017, 02:00 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,837 Likes on 1,671 Posts

V, I'll send you a link to a GT4 CS .vbo and .mov when I get to my office at the track in a few hours.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-07-2017, 06:33 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

There's one >>here<< that you could use. Technically that's Precision Track App data collection but the export files linked in that post work in Circuit Tools (at least they did for me) and look a lot like the data I've collected from my own system.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:40 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 940 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
V, I'll send you a link to a GT4 CS .vbo and .mov when I get to my office at the track in a few hours.
Peter, I added him to a 1TB google drive I have going with vbox data. Should be a ton in there to play with.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:14 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Peter, I added him to a 1TB google drive I have going with vbox data. Should be a ton in there to play with.
Thanks!
Old 02-07-2017, 07:16 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by boxer-11
There's one >>here<< that you could use. Technically that's Precision Track App data collection but the export files linked in that post work in Circuit Tools (at least they did for me) and look a lot like the data I've collected from my own system.
You would want Racelogic generated, native .vbo and .mov files to fully exploit the benefits of CT2.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:35 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Aha! I'm so glad you chipped in that thought, Peter, I did wonder about that.

With the post above, I was just offering a link to immediately available data that, for familiarization, might work.

Now at the risk of crossing the streams, I mean threads...

I didn't immediately see any limits on what I could get in the way of views or video sync with the exported data from the Porsche TPA. What cannot be fully exploited in that scenario, CT operating on exported TPA data??
Old 02-07-2017, 09:55 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I have heard GPS positional accuracy suffers, as well as session reliability in the cross platform transfer. Racelogic offered this option as a favor to Porsche and to be augmented with the 20 Hz GPS. I've compared GPS traces and it's nowhere close. But I have the most experience with the integrated hardware/software. Keep hacking!

Quick Reply: Sample vbo files for building scene?