Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 08:13 AM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMFG! This thread has made me paranoid about ordering anything after-market without tons of research
Old 01-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

these guys are toast. Good luck monetizing toast.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:27 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 251 Posts

[QUOTE=johnbelk;13877806][QUOTE=sanyata;13877506]
Originally Posted by johnbelk

Thank you for reaching out, sounds like we may have hit a raw nerve, but if you have been following this string from the beginning you'll find the satire's focus is far from political, but a parody of how ridiculous RAZ and DONNIE are with respect to their business practices. My posts are and will continue to illustrate the absolute failure on RTF's part to do right by more than Jay, but the many others owed funds... Try not to take personal offence to such posts...as there's nothing but complete madness meant by it...RTF's history and current events seen by many have reached beyond bazaar...again no harm meant to any Rennlisters. However, I'm sensitive to your comments and will avoid political comments that may be hurtful to a fellow Rennlister.

Sincerly,
"LugNut"
Naw, no raw nerves here. And yes I've been following this thread since day one. I just have trouble when anyone throws political stuff into comments that basically makes them off topic. No harm, no foul.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:21 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sweet victory
I'm traveling, so a mobile screen shot will have to do.

I have now confirmed from owners of other sets of RTF wheels recently received (Dec.), that Race Tech wheels currently do not and never have previously included a serial # of any type to link with anything. All of the text "Framed" above appears to be total garbage and certainly throws up a big red flag about the validity of RTM's 2 links to ISO 9000 businesses producing any forged wheels for RTM and providing RTF's high level of quality control. I know the broken set of cast wheels I received from RTC could not be ISO certified as per RTF all of their wheels are linked to "a serial # that gives them infinite ability to track every step and find the problem" and, of course, they would have already traced mine directly to that ISO 9000 machinist that "mistakenly" made my set of wheels out of cast metal or otherwise, RTF would have replied to us with that linked report that certifies they are Forged Wheels. Where's that linked forged report Race Tech?

I handled the QC and stress testing of cast metal products at Precision Cast Parts for a # of years and never saw one untraceable ISO part.

You are not being very convincing with this ruse Raz. How about posting some more fake pictures of your "IN HOUSE" CNC machines you must have running round the clock in the back your palm tree apartment? (see attachment)

Does anyone in the community have a relationship with anyone at either Advanced Structural Technologies, Inc (ASA) or Aluminum Precision Products in Southern Calif. that could approach someone there to confirm that these two companies do no mfg'r of RTM wheels?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
%22IN HOUSE%22 CNC MACH's.pdf (768.8 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by garyever; 01-16-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:08 PM
garyever
Advanced

RACE TECH FORGED/ MOTORING HAS A NEW COMPANY NAME

"RACE TECH MONITORING" is the new name and RTM ia now using Regal Machine's Maywood address along with RTF. I'm beginning to think that Regal's statement that RTM stole their address was a bit insincere and they need to be brought into this action.

This new company filed at the BBB 12/13/16 appears to have concealed that old beat up company, "Race Tech Motoring", as internet searches of RTM no longer pull up that lengthy BBB complaint where it took one irate customer some 6 months or so to get a return of his funds for nondelivery of wheels and only after publishing a searing BBB complaint. I guess this new dodge helps to solve that nasty problem RTM is having with the State after their rights to operate a business was suspended last year and since they are also using Regal Manufacturing's Maywood address I don't suppose with the new spelling and new address, the state will catch the connection. I guess I should fix that with the State, the BBB, and file my own complaint at the BBB. They must be doing better--- the BBB report displays they have 4 employees now.

Better Business Bureau filing

RACE TECH MONITORING

(877) 767-7902
Race Tech Monitoring
5200 E 60th St
Maywood, CA 90270-3557
BBB File Opened: 12/13/2016
Business Management
Principal: Raz T, CFO
Contact Information
Business Category
Wheels
Alternate Business Names----Race Tech Forged
See More Business Information
BBB Reason for Ratings
BBB rating is based on 13 factors: Get the details about the factors considered.
Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of No Rating. The reason is as follows: This business is not currently rated. BBB does not have sufficient information to issue a rating for this business.
BBB Reports On:
Licensing
Advertising Review
Government Actions
Out of Business
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
Bankruptcy
Mail Returned
THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED-----RACE TECH MONITORING
BBB Rating System Overview
Customer Review Rating:

https://www.bbb.org/losangelessilico...wood-ca-649985
Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2017, 12:13 AM
c7z
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still going by race tech forged on Social media
Old 01-18-2017, 02:19 AM
turbofever
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tip for the masses, if you cannot or do not wish to blow 6k on a set of bbs e88 or 8k upwards for a set of bbs FI i truly would just stick with your oem wheels.

i have used so many wheel sets.

HRE has great customer service and has always stood behind their products - that said 6 of my wheel inner barrels have cracked. i had the comp series which c20 and c93

fiske - i do not feel their barrels are of good quality. the set i had ended up bending and were so out of whack after being repaired the tire shop could not balance them.

i have always appreciated DYMAG wheels especially as i am a Brit and that is where they used to be made until the company dissolved. i still would not feel safe running them on a circuit. They are the type of wheels that get TIMED OUT.. they have a lifespan which is far less than a set of forged wheels. if you can get a single piece forged it's the least headache

IT'S BBS OR OEM - WHICH ARE TYPICALLY BBS

the rest are inferior. PERIOD
Old 01-18-2017, 02:53 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

I would rather have Forgelines on my car. I've used them on my last 10 cars. Club Racing, DEs and street. Never a problem and outstanding customer service. You can find their products on pro teams.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:45 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Oem, champion or bbs are the only wheels to get IMO.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:49 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Somebody other than BBS makes an aftermarket wheel for Porsche?
Old 01-19-2017, 04:02 PM
garyever
Advanced

RACE TECH MOTORING's FAKE NAME.

I have filed a formal complaint with the California BBB regarding RTM's attempt to hide Race Tech Motoring's visibilty and previous consumer complaints by misspelling their name as "Race Tech Monitoring" and tricking the BBB into deleting the Race Tech Motoring file. They have sent this to RTM to challenge. I imagine the reply will be quite humorous to most of us.(see attachment and notes to the BBB in the lower part of this complaint to untangle the devious conduct).

I would like to encourage anyone that has experienced consumer difficulties with RTM/RTF, whether eventually resolved or not, to put your ugly experience on the California BBB to serve as a permanent record visible to anyone that has the foresight to do an internet search of RTM/RTF prior to their purchase.
All of us with Race Tech wheels have been sucked in by their shiny pictures, con artist tactics, routine lies, and shysterous customer service. Race Tech is now requiring a 100% cash deposit to eliminate any opportunity for a naive buyer to escape the trap and I have now received notice of a 3rd set of RTF wheels to shatter 4 spokes (4 track days) in the last 4 months (looks like RTF 4 play doesn't it), all 3 failures having identical fractures, continuing to signal that these Race Tech wheels are fake cast wheels, designed improperly, do not meet 6061-t6 hardness requirements or a possible other cause TBD, that all Race Tech wheels will probably fracture in just a few track days and should be banned from track use.

The BBB keeps a complaint visible permanently whether resolved or not so is a good place to expose RTF for what they are. Motorsports forum threads usually have a very short life or eventually get buried in the mass of threads. By my count, RTM is at the present time, denying $20,000 to $25,000 in warranty/ returns claims just because they can. I think we have an obligation to support these claimants, new claimants that are sure to show up this next track season (in 90 days) and hopefully discourage the plundering of new victims.

Please file a BBB complaint. Its very easy to do on line and here is the best link to use.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started
Attached Images
Old 01-19-2017, 08:15 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Originally Posted by FLT951
Somebody other than BBS makes an aftermarket wheel for Porsche?
Fuchs and bbs are the only Oem suppliers I know of right now.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:13 AM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

I was kinda kidding. As in, who would put any wheel on their car that wasn't OEM or BBS?
I have, but only for look not performance. And never on a car that would be AXed or tracked.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:32 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Gotcha, kinda agree, the only other rims I use are champion.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:18 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 725 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT951
I was kinda kidding. As in, who would put any wheel on their car that wasn't OEM or BBS?
I have, but only for look not performance. And never on a car that would be AXed or tracked.

Forgeline makes excellent wheels. There's a few very reputable wheel companies around. There's just too many bad ones as well.

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000