Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New 997 GT3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 08:50 PM
BBSlover
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the owner of LTMW only contacted you when the poor workmanship from his shop became public and is finally affecting his business. Stellar business practice! ... So basically if the dirty laundry wasn't aired out, it would be business as usual. At this point I don't see any reason to feel bad, especially after reading their Yelp reviews with a number of poor reviews as well.

I think it's great that Long reached out to you, though he only did so because it was starting to hurt his pocket, and not because he actually cares about his craft and the work leaving his business. Sad.

I don't think the super fast, possibly questionable quality of builds and Liberty Walk cars will carry the business if things don't change there.

Anyways, can't wait to see the final build OP!!

BTW, I'm pretty sure you won't be getting any money back since the previous seller has been posting his new project, a RWB build currently being cleaned up at LTMW, of course.

Last edited by BBSlover; 03-06-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:31 PM
M3ANMACHINE
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BBSlover
BTW, I'm pretty sure you won't be getting any money back since the previous seller has been posting his new project, a RWB build currently being cleaned up at LTMW, of course.
We can only hope that his latest project doesn't turn out like this abomination... But it likely will once LTMW gets their hands on it after Nakai San leaves...
Old 07-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Kevpang
Track Day

Hi Guys,

Since mid-January, 2015, i have purchase a set of Vollkommen 997 GT3 wide body kit, Aeroflot Dynamics Splitter, Rennline tow hooks, 8 pcs of Nitto Invos and shipping to overseas from Darren Yoo and Victor Wu of Vollkommen Designs at 5418 Peck Road, El Monte, California (http://www.vollkommendesign.com/). I have advanced paid them for all purchases amounting to $12,100.

After countless months of painful communicating with VICTOR WU, the Sales Window of Vollkommen who almost never reply emails or messages (unless i am writing an email regarding buying more parts or sending money!) and waiting for technical feedback on the appropriate wheel sizes to fit the 997 Widebody kit from Darren Yoo@ Creaminz and "claim to be" Vollkommen Technical Manager, James "Floss" Camarador (http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...i-xdrive-2007/) (http://ultimateklasse.com/blog/2013/...aradors-e46-m3)

Anyway long story short, no specs given because the 2014 SEMA 997 VOLLKOMMEN SHOW CAR was using a inverted wheel BBS E88 wheel which was re-drilled to fit the 997 PCD. Hence Darren and James has no specific specs and the decision and recommendation made by Darren Yoo and James Camarador was have me build my wheels to my specs and they will adjust the wide body fenders to fit my wheels on a loaner 997 (from their circle of friends). So thats how i started the project and engaged in the purchase.

As of end May 2015, my custom wheels were fabricated and somehow i managed to get Darren, who advised me to sent the wheels to LTMW for fitting works. So i did and the wheels was confirmed received. During this duration, i have been able to reach Darren sporadically on text on updates of the fitting, but overtime a call was made, it was always either "waiting for loaner car" or "I have been busy" or just plain no reply. Subsequently, while waiting for the wheels and fenders to be matched (but never did so), i emailed Vollkommen to help me purchase 8 pcs of Nitto Tires, Victor Wu instantaneously replied me and gave me a quote and a promised delivery date. Again i sent money for the purchase, so that i can have my whees, tires and bodykit all delivered together to catch the same air freight date. However, upon making the payments and several courtesy email with Victor for payment and supposedly promise delivery confirmation, all communications with Darren and Victor came to a sudden halt!! I literally tried all means to reach Darren or Victor for updates and all efforts came to null for almost an entire month (including screening for people that may know them in rennlist such as IAPGT who had a bad experience with Darren over the purchase of his 2014 SEMA 997 GT3)

After screening and figuring out, i decided to call Long Tran of LTMW to reach out to Darren. Long was kind enough to pick my phone up and hear me out. I also asked Long if my stuff was in LTMW, he said nope, probably Darren has moved it. However, Darren never got back to me even after getting Long to reach him.
So i still went ahead to ask my car circle friends to help me out to reach them.

The effect of my friends calling around searching for Darren has led to John Zhang (http://1013mm.com/blog/search/ltbmw) and Courtney Winfield (https://instagram.com/courtney_wingfield/) to probably tip off Darren that i am looking for him. (Thanks to both of them!)
So this Tuesday (21st July,2015), Darren finally texted me and told me that my parts will be dropped off at "Bobby's place (Freight guy)" on Wednesday. Then when i requested for Bobby's number to make shipping arrangements and declaration, Darren immediately said "NO"! I was immediately stunned by his answer as i asked him how am i suppose to make shipping arrangements when i don't have forwarder's contact! In view of the situation, i told Darren that i will pick up the goods on my own and forget about using his forwarder, so i asked for my shipping refund of $2200. Then Darren asked for my bank account and replied that he will refund me! Subsequently the conversation went on and Darren began to tell me that 2 of my tires are not here and again i asked for refund (to get over this painful ordeal). He kept quiet! During this entire text messaging conversation, after all these hoopla, I asked Darren where are all my stuff and he mentioned it s all at LTMW! Then when i asked him when he is paying me, he kept quiet and until now......still no reply.

After this conversation with Darren, i called Long and told him that my goods are in his place and Darren told me to pick up from him! Long was somewhat surprised, and told me that he will call Darren to confirm. During this time, i have also informed my friend to call either Darren or Long to arrange for pickup. It took Long 2 days to confirm with my friend to pick up the parts and finally the pickup was materialised! I was glad that i somehow managed to scrape through this ordeal.

When my buddy arrived to pick up my parts, my joy instantly came to a halt! I found that only my 4 custom wheels (still in box) and bodykit (not even complete or fitted to my wheels) was there only, and NOTHING ELSE!! Tires? NO! Aeroflow Dynamics splitters and canards? NO! Rennline tow hooks? NO! My friend also spun by to Vollkommen Design address and found it to be just a small door with no signboards and no one. Vollkommen Design totally have no operations or what sort going on at that address (i have photos). Nevertheless, Long of LTMW texted me and said my friend came by and pick up my stuff as a gentle note.

So i am really flabbergasted and totally upset! I immediately texted Darren Yoo and also informed Long of LTMW that i want a refund for goods and services not rendered.....As usual Darren is not responding.

Initially, i was impressed by Vollkommen Designs products, their styling and the kind of recognition they get from sponsors/partner like Toyo Tires, Fatlace, LTMW, BBS, Bisimoto, SEMA Show award, Super street, Bimmer mags, and etc.
I cannot imagine that Vollkommen Design having gave me such good impressions of the rides that they design or make, provides such unprofessional service.

While i have a failed project over here, out there in El Monte, CA, Darren Yoo is happily smiling over his newly completed RWB Porsche "Sealing Wax" together with Victor Wu's cool blue BMW F80.
(http://stickydiljoe.com/2015/04/07/r...ng-wax-unveil/)
(https://instagram.com/creaminz_official/)
(https://instagram.com/ymb_f80/)

I have finally learnt that i should never believe in the lifestyle blogs (1013mm,stickydiljoe,instagram,FB and etc), car shows (SEMA, WEKFEST, etc) and magazine coverage of all these flashy individuals and so call custom car shops. All these social media/events should evaluate the background and reputation of custom shops or feature car/designer prior to publishing them to the public, ensuring they are reliable and trustworthy.
No more innocent victims!

All these while, I have spend so much time and efforts making emails, text messages and long trunk calls to get Vollkommen folks like Darren Yoo and Victor Wu to respond to me and get my parts delivered. Everything has screwed up my Porsche 997 project!! All these money spent has gone down the drain and i am still making the payments to finance this failed project.

I am writing this email to check if anybody else have had similar experience with Vollkommen or the names associated or other shops?
How did you guys overcome the problems?
Anyone can advise me how to get my refund?

Appreciate any kind of input or advise.
Meanwhile, i like to extend my sincere" thank you" to Long Tran of LTMW for helping me out in every little way.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

I hope you have invoices for all of this (if not - good luck).

I would suggest that you perhaps retain a lawyer and have them write to him requesting an immediate refund or delivery of outstanding parts within 30 days.

Then (I hope, but I fear in vein) that all of this is less than 6k, take him to small claims court... the paperwork is easy to file yourself and you do not really need a lawyer to process this.

and...

in future dont buy stupid **** like this ... its all worthless, and has no place on a GT3, sorry but that's
how I feel.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
it's cheaper better just buy a RSR and be done with it
life is too short.
I have no patience for this type of ****
tuners is just that tumers
I have not seen a tuner who makes cars better than oem. and that inclined some RRALLY REALLY REALLY big name tuners...

OEM is the only way to go
u build enought cars u know.
when I dpfeel like throwing miney out the door, I build my own cars.
always cost more
always not as good as oem, but it's faster at emptying my account.

that said, this is a disaster!
+1!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Kevpang
Track Day

Larry,

Thanks for the advise....it is under 6K...
I got bank slips and emails and all communication data.

I only got his e-receipt.

I am trying to reach him still.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevpang
Larry,

Thanks for the advise....it is under 6K...
I got bank slips and emails and all communication data.

I only got his e-receipt.

I am trying to reach him still.
OK send him a registered letter requesting a full refund or the product in 30 days or you will file a claim in small claims court, that's pretty easy to do
yourself, and file in the appropriate court jurisdiction in which they trade,
you serve them the documents and see them in court.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Kevpang
Track Day

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
OK send him a registered letter requesting a full refund or the product in 30 days or you will file a claim in small claims court, that's pretty easy to do
yourself, and file in the appropriate court jurisdiction in which they trade,
you serve them the documents and see them in court.
OK, i got it in mind.
I will give him a couple of days to reach me and make the refund.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

OK, i got it in mind.
I will give him a couple of days to reach me and make the refund.
good luck
Old 07-23-2015, 08:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

personally its an insult to categorize this sort of work as that of a "tuner", its pimping/blinging at its worst... XBOX in the headrests, neon lights, slammed, too many speakers and subwoofers, some ridiculous "aero" CRAP... more suitable for a 100k Acura ... it has no place near a 911, much less a GT3.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:06 AM
scotter
Rennlist Member

Small claims court is pretty simple. The difficulty, however, is enforcing the judgment that you get from the court. Judgments are not self enforcing, so you have to go through the process of trying to find assets of the judgment debtor, and then providing the sheriff with the right forms and information for performing a levy on those assets. Finding any assets may be difficult since this seems to be such an out to lunch operation.

One other thing you might do is contact the fraud unit of the local police department. That may bring some pressure to bear on the situation. The police, however, may be too busy to deal with a small matter that can be addressed in the civil courts. On the other hand, you may get their interest since this seems to be a scam. Just do not threaten anybody by saying that if they do such and such then you will go to the police. Many consider that to be a form of extortion, which could add to your problems.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:54 AM
Kevpang
Track Day

Originally Posted by scotter
Small claims court is pretty simple. The difficulty, however, is enforcing the judgment that you get from the court. Judgments are not self enforcing, so you have to go through the process of trying to find assets of the judgment debtor, and then providing the sheriff with the right forms and information for performing a levy on those assets. Finding any assets may be difficult since this seems to be such an out to lunch operation.

One other thing you might do is contact the fraud unit of the local police department. That may bring some pressure to bear on the situation. The police, however, may be too busy to deal with a small matter that can be addressed in the civil courts. On the other hand, you may get their interest since this seems to be a scam. Just do not threaten anybody by saying that if they do such and such then you will go to the police. Many consider that to be a form of extortion, which could add to your problems.
Thanks for your great advise!
Old 07-25-2015, 05:00 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not far from this shop yet have no idea who they are. El Monte is a low rent hell hole full of sweat shops and poverty. You are more likely to get stabbed there than Stockton. Not at all surprised this story starts there.

...and in CA small claims max is $5,000 and is done without a lawyer. What exactly is the buyer going to sue for anyway? A broken bolt and some dirt and oil. Really? Seller took it for one last spin after SEMA and was too high on ego to know he had built a POS. Seller didn't know ricers are crooks. OOPS. Guess what....Ricers are crooks.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:18 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys,

Since mid-January, 2015, i have purchase a set of Vollkommen 997 GT3 wide body kit, Aeroflot Dynamics Splitter, Rennline tow hooks, 8 pcs of Nitto Invos and shipping to overseas from Darren Yoo and Victor Wu of Vollkommen Designs at 5418 Peck Road, El Monte, California (http://www.vollkommendesign.com/). I have advanced paid them for all purchases amounting to $12,100.

After countless months of painful communicating with VICTOR WU, the Sales Window of Vollkommen who almost never reply emails or messages (unless i am writing an email regarding buying more parts or sending money!) and waiting for technical feedback on the appropriate wheel sizes to fit the 997 Widebody kit from Darren Yoo@ Creaminz and "claim to be" Vollkommen Technical Manager, James "Floss" Camarador (http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...i-xdrive-2007/) (http://ultimateklasse.com/blog/2013/...aradors-e46-m3)

Anyway long story short, no specs given because the 2014 SEMA 997 VOLLKOMMEN SHOW CAR was using a inverted wheel BBS E88 wheel which was re-drilled to fit the 997 PCD. Hence Darren and James has no specific specs and the decision and recommendation made by Darren Yoo and James Camarador was have me build my wheels to my specs and they will adjust the wide body fenders to fit my wheels on a loaner 997 (from their circle of friends). So thats how i started the project and engaged in the purchase.

As of end May 2015, my custom wheels were fabricated and somehow i managed to get Darren, who advised me to sent the wheels to LTMW for fitting works. So i did and the wheels was confirmed received. During this duration, i have been able to reach Darren sporadically on text on updates of the fitting, but overtime a call was made, it was always either "waiting for loaner car" or "I have been busy" or just plain no reply. Subsequently, while waiting for the wheels and fenders to be matched (but never did so), i emailed Vollkommen to help me purchase 8 pcs of Nitto Tires, Victor Wu instantaneously replied me and gave me a quote and a promised delivery date. Again i sent money for the purchase, so that i can have my whees, tires and bodykit all delivered together to catch the same air freight date. However, upon making the payments and several courtesy email with Victor for payment and supposedly promise delivery confirmation, all communications with Darren and Victor came to a sudden halt!! I literally tried all means to reach Darren or Victor for updates and all efforts came to null for almost an entire month (including screening for people that may know them in rennlist such as IAPGT who had a bad experience with Darren over the purchase of his 2014 SEMA 997 GT3)

After screening and figuring out, i decided to call Long Tran of LTMW to reach out to Darren. Long was kind enough to pick my phone up and hear me out. I also asked Long if my stuff was in LTMW, he said nope, probably Darren has moved it. However, Darren never got back to me even after getting Long to reach him.
So i still went ahead to ask my car circle friends to help me out to reach them.

The effect of my friends calling around searching for Darren has led to John Zhang (http://1013mm.com/blog/search/ltbmw) and Courtney Winfield (https://instagram.com/courtney_wingfield/) to probably tip off Darren that i am looking for him. (Thanks to both of them!)
So this Tuesday (21st July,2015), Darren finally texted me and told me that my parts will be dropped off at "Bobby's place (Freight guy)" on Wednesday. Then when i requested for Bobby's number to make shipping arrangements and declaration, Darren immediately said "NO"! I was immediately stunned by his answer as i asked him how am i suppose to make shipping arrangements when i don't have forwarder's contact! In view of the situation, i told Darren that i will pick up the goods on my own and forget about using his forwarder, so i asked for my shipping refund of $2200. Then Darren asked for my bank account and replied that he will refund me! Subsequently the conversation went on and Darren began to tell me that 2 of my tires are not here and again i asked for refund (to get over this painful ordeal). He kept quiet! During this entire text messaging conversation, after all these hoopla, I asked Darren where are all my stuff and he mentioned it s all at LTMW! Then when i asked him when he is paying me, he kept quiet and until now......still no reply.

After this conversation with Darren, i called Long and told him that my goods are in his place and Darren told me to pick up from him! Long was somewhat surprised, and told me that he will call Darren to confirm. During this time, i have also informed my friend to call either Darren or Long to arrange for pickup. It took Long 2 days to confirm with my friend to pick up the parts and finally the pickup was materialised! I was glad that i somehow managed to scrape through this ordeal.

When my buddy arrived to pick up my parts, my joy instantly came to a halt! I found that only my 4 custom wheels (still in box) and bodykit (not even complete or fitted to my wheels) was there only, and NOTHING ELSE!! Tires? NO! Aeroflow Dynamics splitters and canards? NO! Rennline tow hooks? NO! My friend also spun by to Vollkommen Design address and found it to be just a small door with no signboards and no one. Vollkommen Design totally have no operations or what sort going on at that address (i have photos). Nevertheless, Long of LTMW texted me and said my friend came by and pick up my stuff as a gentle note.

So i am really flabbergasted and totally upset! I immediately texted Darren Yoo and also informed Long of LTMW that i want a refund for goods and services not rendered.....As usual Darren is not responding.

Initially, i was impressed by Vollkommen Designs products, their styling and the kind of recognition they get from sponsors/partner like Toyo Tires, Fatlace, LTMW, BBS, Bisimoto, SEMA Show award, Super street, Bimmer mags, and etc.
I cannot imagine that Vollkommen Design having gave me such good impressions of the rides that they design or make, provides such unprofessional service.

While i have a failed project over here, out there in El Monte, CA, Darren Yoo is happily smiling over his newly completed RWB Porsche "Sealing Wax" together with Victor Wu's cool blue BMW F80.
(http://stickydiljoe.com/2015/04/07/r...ng-wax-unveil/)
(https://instagram.com/creaminz_official/)
(https://instagram.com/ymb_f80/)

I have finally learnt that i should never believe in the lifestyle blogs (1013mm,stickydiljoe,instagram,FB and etc), car shows (SEMA, WEKFEST, etc) and magazine coverage of all these flashy individuals and so call custom car shops. All these social media/events should evaluate the background and reputation of custom shops or feature car/designer prior to publishing them to the public, ensuring they are reliable and trustworthy.
No more innocent victims!

All these while, I have spend so much time and efforts making emails, text messages and long trunk calls to get Vollkommen folks like Darren Yoo and Victor Wu to respond to me and get my parts delivered. Everything has screwed up my Porsche 997 project!! All these money spent has gone down the drain and i am still making the payments to finance this failed project.

I am writing this email to check if anybody else have had similar experience with Vollkommen or the names associated or other shops?
How did you guys overcome the problems?
Anyone can advise me how to get my refund?

Appreciate any kind of input or advise.
Meanwhile, i like to extend my sincere" thank you" to Long Tran of LTMW for helping me out in every little way.
Kevpang,

I am very sorry you had to go through all of this. I remember talking to you after I had my dealings with the thief Darren Yoo and the owner of LTMW. I was trying to warn you that it was a bad idea to deal with them, but I also did not want to over step my bounds and try to tell you what to do. If you want to contact me I will see if I can help at all. Here are a few things I found out about the whole LT Motorworks, Volkommen Design, Darren Yoo and Long Tran:

Darren is the owner of the company Volkommen Design and there is no one else.

They are not a shop. It is just Darren putting a name on things.

They work solely out of LT Motorworks shop.

Darren and Long are great friends. They will defer to the other one when you contact them and act like they have no idea what is going one. "Oh you need to talk to Darren that was his project for Volkommen" or "Yeah call Long and he will help with that". There is 0 accepting of responsibility.

The kit you bought will not be correct because Darren and Long bought someone else widebody kit (Flobbman) and cut it with and air saw to add on fiberglass extension. So the entire kit is not longer carbon fiber like advertised.

They have no idea what the wheel specs are because they did absolutely 0 measurements. I know this because I found that my rear fenders arent even same size. One widebody fender is 1/2" wider than the other size. Yes a different size.

Long was actually nice to me when I talked to him and was going to help out with paying Darren's retribution (because he has no conscience), but Darren called him and told him not to talk to me any more (I have a mutual friend that knows both of them that gave me that info). Then Long never answered my calls or text. This is what I meant by, they are very close. Any time you deal with one you are dealing with both.

Darren is a true scammer in every sense of the word. I am sure I will see him at SEMA this year when I go back.

Once again, sorry to hear about him robbing from someone else. I have him every chance to make it right and even offered to finance him repaying the money. He wasn't even man enough for my lay-away plan lol.

If you need any help with your car, info, or advice feel free to contact me. You can text me 571-528-7822
Old 03-20-2016, 12:24 PM
drabe
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I hate to armchair quarterback this, but with a modified car, it really is a case of "carpe diem".

I hope you got a bargain, because frankly, from my perspective all of the work done to that car, defaced it, and thus reduced its value, if it was going to be an expendable track rat (or custom show car) that might be ok, but as a "GT3" ... she's definitely not a virgin anymore...
What you meant to say was "caveat emptor". Carpe diem means seize the day

Quick Reply: New 997 GT3 owner