Sponsored by:

Opinion question re: a "poser"

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 12:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,170 Likes on 3,934 Posts

Psymon, everytime I see photos of your car, I'm like, "man, that's a great looking car" - nice work, but I digress.

I actually added a crest to the rears of mine, which I like, even if others don't.
Attached Images   
Old 01-31-2015, 12:27 PM
Babakazoo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't do it....

Originally Posted by Gallop
Hi Guys, I'm new to forum so wanted to get some opinions on two somewhat silly questions that relate more to good taste vs. bad taste as opposed to substantive knowledge.

With black exterior and black wheels, my 997 is very dark! See pic. I like the dark bat-mobile look, but am considering two very minor modifications to spruce it up a bit:

1. Painting the brake calipars, which currently have no color. I like the color yellow but I've been told that yellow calipers means ceramic brakes, which I've also been told are much more expensive than my standard brakes. Is it "fraud" or bad taste or am a "poser" to paint my brake calipars yellow? I just like the look of the black wheel with yellow calipars; I really don't give a hoot about ceramic brakes... my car brakes very well as is!

2. Some time ago I removed the whole "Cararra" emblem because the "C" broke in half. I've been driving with no emblem in the back (I have a base Carrerra, not the S). Would it be bad taste for me to put the 991 emblem "Porsche" on the back? I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking I have a 991! I just think the back looks too blank and dark without some sort of emblem, and I'm a bit tired of plain old "Carerra" again. (Mind you, I'd never put "Carerra S" etc because that's clearly fraud in my book... I'm just thinking "Porsche" because the car is, after all, a Porsche). Am I "poser" if I put the 991 "Porsche" emblem on a 997? My wife thinks I would be if I were to do it! Maybe she's right, I just don't know... If yes, what about putting the emblem "911"? Again, it's accurate... but it's not stock for a base carerra. Maybe "911" would position me lower on the "poser continuum"?

Anyway, I understand that in the end I should do what makes me happy... I just wanted to get a sense of what experienced folks think on these very subjective topics. Thanks!
You will drive around with it on your mind. You will eventually mentally rot. Stay true because one day a Gt will pull up next to you and just shake his head at you in front of your lady...and you will be pissed.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Opinion question re: a "poser"