Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That is the universal audio interface (UAI) option on the 997.2s
Old 08-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I bought a new Ipod with the lightning connector. I have the original Apple adapter but the system will not see the new Ipod!
With the old one (old connector) it works.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

There were some automotive-integration signals dropped in the lighting connector, but I thought that there was a lighting to 30-pin-iDock connector adapter apple sold that gives you most of the pins you need to integrate with the cars UAI DIN connector cable.

Is those the cables you are using (that goes from the DIN to the iDock 30pin - to the 30pin apple to lightinging connector)
Old 08-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I went to the Porsche dealer, changed original Porsche Ipod cable and now it is working with the apple connector
Old 10-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Ragilpin
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless bluetooth audio streaming to PCM 3.0

Another good option with the Y cable is to use a A2DP bluetooth adapter to wireless stream music to PCM 3.0 units. I just picked up the Tune2air WMA1000 adapter and it works great with my iPhone 5. The PCM sees it as an attached iPod so the music info is displayed and the PCM controls work for music control.

I got mine at creativecaraudioshop.com, and the guys there were great with fast shipping.
Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2013, 04:46 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocco07
Left most plug not used with the Porsche cable. Also, the Porsche "Y" connector is the 30-pin type. If you have the iPone 5, you will also need the lightning to 30-pin adapter cable, $40.00 at best Buy, Apple etc.
The setup works well.

B.
Yeah, but have you tried fitting an iPhone 5 in the center storage with the plug and Lightnig adapter? It doesn't fit in my '10 Carrera
Old 10-05-2013, 09:48 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by tpenta
I have a somewhat similar question. I do have the converter to the new iPhone5 jack but the problem is that the phone is too long and once you have the old connector and the lightning adapter in there, it does not fit in the cabinet.

Has anyone found out a good cable/adapter that works where the iPhone5 can still fit in there?

I am not sure what people with these new gigantic android phones are doing.

Thanks,

-T
My problem exactly. I skimmed to quickly and missed your post.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Slightly off topic - I have the y cable in my 997.2 S. I only get the left channel when use either my iPad or 4S phone. Anyone else ever experienced that?
Old 10-06-2013, 11:31 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloudspin
Slightly off topic - I have the y cable in my 997.2 S. I only get the left channel when use either my iPad or 4S phone. Anyone else ever experienced that?
I have not - possibly the connector. Have you tried wiggling it? I have that problem in my BMW at times and wiggling the cable connector in its socket in the iPod fixes it for me (for now...).
Old 10-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 473 Likes on 222 Posts

slightly off topic:
Being the cheapskate that I am I bought an iPod 30 pin (female) to lightning adapter (male) from amazon.
When I connect my iPhone 5 the PCM says "no iPod found". The same happens in my BMW, so it's obviously the adapter.
I wanted to avoid running out of space in the cubby, so I got the adapter which has a short cable in the middle.
Can someone confirm that this problem does not exist with the adapters from Apple?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by shammerman
I have not - possibly the connector. Have you tried wiggling it? I have that problem in my BMW at times and wiggling the cable connector in its socket in the iPod fixes it for me (for now...).
I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Smitten
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
slightly off topic:
Being the cheapskate that I am I bought an iPod 30 pin (female) to lightning adapter (male) from amazon.
When I connect my iPhone 5 the PCM says "no iPod found". The same happens in my BMW, so it's obviously the adapter.
I wanted to avoid running out of space in the cubby, so I got the adapter which has a short cable in the middle.
Can someone confirm that this problem does not exist with the adapters from Apple?
I also bought the 30pin to lightning adapter with cable. From Amazon too. Very cheap. It worked fine for a few days and then failed.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:14 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by tpenta
I do have the converter to the new iPhone5 jack but the problem is that the phone is too long and once you have the old connector and the lightning adapter in there, it does not fit in the cabinet.
I also have the cable which works great but I was not happy with the fit. My solution was to copy my music library to a micro thumb drive like this
Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35): Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35): Computers & Accessories
. When plugged into the USB port, it is fully functional like an iPod so I have full control of my music and no power needed (unlike an iPod Nano or equivalent).

The other problem with the iP5 connected to the Y cable is that it isn't long enough to use the iP5 for things like reviewing mail, google maps, etc. Connecting an iPhone to the Universal Audio system is a fail IMO.

BTW, I plug my iP5 into the center console outlet when needed for charging. I'm very happy with my solution but YMMV.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:51 AM
Rob Heath
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ragilpin
Another good option with the Y cable is to use a A2DP bluetooth adapter to wireless stream music to PCM 3.0 units. I just picked up the Tune2air WMA1000 adapter and it works great with my iPhone 5. The PCM sees it as an attached iPod so the music info is displayed and the PCM controls work for music control
A couple of questions using an A2DP to a Y cable.

- will the Bluetooth connection allow for me to see playlists, searches via the PCM while connected to an iPhone 4S?

-will the phone, speaker phone blue tooth interface be replaced by the A2DP blue tooth?

Thanks

Quick Reply: iPod plug