Sponsored by:

My day at TruSpeed In Costa Mesa, Ca

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:33 PM
red frog
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My day at TruSpeed In Costa Mesa, Ca

This Morning, I brought My 06 997 cabrio to TruSpeed in Costa Mesa California, To have them install my H&R Sport Springs for the rear of my car, To get rid of the rake, You know the 1969 hot rod look. I arrived at 0830 and was warmly greeted by Wes, The same person I made the Appt with. We sat down, went over the price that had been quoted ,Then proceeded to the Shop for a brief tour of Cars for sale, And cars for service.
Impressive, "Never been given a tour of a shop before they work on my car" I say to my self, Then Im off, to find something to do for 4 hrs. Or so I thought. I left for my walk/Girl watching/ watching planes take off and land, The time, 0915.
I returned from my Shananagin's, and went next door to the Crevier Auto Museum to kill more time and look at a collection of some very nice car's, when I thought I heard my car start, No, "It must be another 997" I say to myself, But then my phone rings, It's Wes telling me that my car is done. Wow, The time is now 1145am. In closing, I am very pleased with the Service, The warm Greeting And the Clean Comfortable shop at TruSpeed. The price Quoted was the Price Paid: $115 per side @ $230 total. If in the future I should need any automotive repair or install on any of my Euro toy's, I will not hesitate to give the guys at TruSpeed a call, Or the keys to my car.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:00 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow......Did anyone at Truspeed discuss with you the progressive spring rates of H&R in the rear vs. stock in the front ? ....and/or how the handling characteristics of your 470hp sports car have now been significantly compromised ?

A $100k++ 911 Turbo with a '69 Hot Rod Look....that's a new one.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:41 AM
red frog
8th Gear

Yes, they gave there advise, But I have done this on my 993 without problem< and a few of my other vehicle's.
My car still handle's properly, and this is a common practice in other vehicle application's to only lower the rear of a vehicle to level the ride height. And yes, the way my car sat from the factory, Reminded me of the day's of the High Jacker air shocks. Plus I loss the dive while going into a corner, That the car use to exibit.
P.s It's only a 3.6 Carrera, Not a turbo.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:04 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,059 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by red frog
Yes, they gave there advise, But I have done this on my 993 without problem< and a few of my other vehicle's.
My car still handle's properly, and this is a common practice in other vehicle application's to only lower the rear of a vehicle to level the ride height. And yes, the way my car sat from the factory, Reminded me of the day's of the High Jacker air shocks. Plus I loss the dive while going into a corner, That the car use to exibit.
P.s It's only a 3.6 Carrera, Not a turbo.
Never heard of dropping the rear 1.25" and leaving the front stock height. Pictures?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:07 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Odd that you would not just lower the whole car. Also very odd that the rear was way up higher than the front.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 284 Posts

Have to agree with others here, can't see why you would change the rear springs only...
Old 04-01-2010, 03:46 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

Hmmm....just received my H&R springs and they included 4 in the box. Maybe it was a mistake? LOL.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:27 PM
red frog
8th Gear

Originally Posted by mdrums
Odd that you would not just lower the whole car. Also very odd that the rear was way up higher than the front.
Purely Personal Preference. It was the best way to achieve the stance That I was looking for. By the way, The Focus of this post was about the Excellent service I received at TruSpeed.

Quick Reply: My day at TruSpeed In Costa Mesa, Ca