Sponsored by:

Engine Out Again 2nd This Year!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 09:34 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 602996TT
Yeah thanks that's whole another issue I am not looking forward to hearing. My tranny should arrive tomorrow so maybe I will have answer whats going on in my tranny box by early next week sometime.

Yeah I hate drips on my floor too but what I hate more is when a Porsche Tech tells me leaks/sweating is normal and I am like no actually its not it hasn't leaked the first 6 years i owned it lol.
Porsche factory techs are TAUGHT to treat customers as mushrooms.

Fed bullsh*t and kept in the blind.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:07 PM
602996TT
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Update: So far no luck finding the leak my mechanic removed the intake and spent half hour looking everywhere with a bore scope and feeling everywhere, he couldn't find or feel any leaks. He found a brown streak that's about .5mm WIDE and 4mm LONG that looks like the sealant they used on the oil cooler console. He said it felt dry to the touch so he doesn't think it's oil but it might be? So the next step is to take off the oil tank, alt, power steering pump, power steering bracket, fuel lines, coolant lines, secondary air line basically everything off the top of the engine down to the long block. Not sure what to do but since I am this far with the engine out I told my mechanic to do what you have too to find the oil leak. I was really hoping that once the engine was out the leak would be very easy to see but not so far and still waiting from my transmission builder to see what went wrong with my rebuild. I am starting to really not like my car now.

Quick Reply: Engine Out Again 2nd This Year!