Sponsored by:

M9X Engine Assembly Series - Jake Raby

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 12:22 PM
TNT63Falcon
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default M9X Engine Assembly Series - Jake Raby

Have posted this in a few other groups. I thought I would let everyone here know, that if you have any thoughts of digging into your engine, the video set is awesome. I attended Jake’s hands on class about two years ago, and thought I took really good notes. Took lots of pictures and thought I had everything committed to memory or paper. I refer to the notes and handouts often.

I soon came to realize, it is a lot of information presented, and although I knew the major steps, there were many smaller details that I had forgotten. I actually considered going to the class again, but when I heard about the series, I decided to check into it.

The video series is a “step-by-step”, paint by numbers type of approach to guide you through assembling an M9X engine. He also provides a ton of advice, background, and techniques, you can’t find anywhere else.

EVERYTHING Jake does is first class. When I was at his class, no corners were cut, everything was professionally prepared, nothing was rushed, and he wanted to make sure it was a great experience. Knowing that, made it an easy decision to get the video series. After watching it, I can attest to fact that no corners were cut, it is professionally done, and will guide you through every step needed in assembling your engine.

I just wanted everyone to know, that I am not a professional mechanic or anything like that. Just a guy that likes to tinker with broken 986 and 996 cars that I buy and get back on the road. If it wasn’t for the many resources on the internet, FB, and now this video series, I would be in a world of hurt.

Good luck!

Old 01-20-2020, 01:19 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by TNT63Falcon
Have posted this in a few other groups. I thought I would let everyone here know, that if you have any thoughts of digging into your engine, the video set is awesome. I attended Jake’s hands on class about two years ago, and thought I took really good notes. Took lots of pictures and thought I had everything committed to memory or paper. I refer to the notes and handouts often.

I soon came to realize, it is a lot of information presented, and although I knew the major steps, there were many smaller details that I had forgotten. I actually considered going to the class again, but when I heard about the series, I decided to check into it.

The video series is a “step-by-step”, paint by numbers type of approach to guide you through assembling an M9X engine. He also provides a ton of advice, background, and techniques, you can’t find anywhere else.

EVERYTHING Jake does is first class. When I was at his class, no corners were cut, everything was professionally prepared, nothing was rushed, and he wanted to make sure it was a great experience. Knowing that, made it an easy decision to get the video series. After watching it, I can attest to fact that no corners were cut, it is professionally done, and will guide you through every step needed in assembling your engine.

I just wanted everyone to know, that I am not a professional mechanic or anything like that. Just a guy that likes to tinker with broken 986 and 996 cars that I buy and get back on the road. If it wasn’t for the many resources on the internet, FB, and now this video series, I would be in a world of hurt.
This is a great resource for M96/M97 owners. Like a lot of people here on the forum, I've followed his work and read most of his technical advice for many years. I took his online classes on the M96 and UOA. Learned so much that goes beyond just the M96 engine platform. One surprise is that Jake believes the 996 and 997 are good cars in spite of their reputations for failure. I've learned how to keep a closer eye and ear on the symptoms and make reasonable preventive measures to help avoid catastrophic engine failure. Wonder if the Boxster and 997 crowd know about this series? I would think that even if you didn't plan to rebuild your engine, that this would be an ideal way to understand how this engine works thereby giving the owner an advantage if something is malfunctioning. Even though I didn't install the IMS Solution myself, it was very educational to watch his YouTube videos on the subject. Now I've learned how to check for a failing AOS for example. Knowledge is power.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:33 PM
mattie_k
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Where do we order the DVD series?
Old 01-20-2020, 01:38 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mattie_k
You can get it from Pelican Parts or LN Engineering. It's discounted at the moment. It looks like LN is also discounting the 996 Torque books too. I have one. I use it all the time.

Here are the links:

LN Engineering - https://lnengineering.com/focus-on-m...-assembly.html

and Pelican - https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...9X-REBUILD-DVD

I think the discount ends today?
Old 01-20-2020, 01:38 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

I had planned on getting the DVD's as soon as they came out, but an unexpected death in the family (Christmas Day) has put this on hold. I now have a funeral to pay for first.
Thanks for sharing, it's good to hear from someone that has taken the class and seen the videos!
Old 01-20-2020, 01:40 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 808Bill
I had planned on getting the DVD's as soon as they came out, but an unexpected death in the family (Christmas Day) has put this on hold. I now have a funeral to pay for first.
Thanks for sharing, it's good to hear from someone that has taken the class and seen the videos!
Sorry to hear about that! Ouch. Glad to hear there are still caring people like you in the world. Take care of that family, cars can wait.
The following users liked this post:
808Bill (01-21-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 01:41 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
Sorry to hear. My condolences.
The following users liked this post:
808Bill (01-21-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 02:36 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,293 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by mattie_k
This gets it with a torque book bundle, from the source directly
https://www.theknowledgegruppe.com/i...ideos-bundles/

Quick Reply: M9X Engine Assembly Series - Jake Raby