996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Wiring for breath analyser

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Buying a beater is not a solution unless he sells 996 to a friend for the mandates interlock period. Because interlocks have to be installed in all vehicles owned by the " perpetrator".

Also if you get pulled over and DUI routine starts, mouth shut and refuse field tests for breath and balance crap. Call lawyer if you have one right there. Have lawyers saved in the phone.

When taken to the station, refuse breath again, they will get warrant for blood draw. Here, depends on your ***** level you can drop the " I am a Muslim" card.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:01 PM
m3driver
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalashnikov
Buying a beater is not a solution unless he sells 996 to a friend for the mandates interlock period. Because interlocks have to be installed in all vehicles owned by the " perpetrator".

Also if you get pulled over and DUI routine starts, mouth shut and refuse field tests for breath and balance crap. Call lawyer if you have one right there. Have lawyers saved in the phone.

When taken to the station, refuse breath again, they will get warrant for blood draw. Here, depends on your ***** level you can drop the " I am a Muslim" card.
Totally depends on the state, in MI you get one chance to take the test offered, either blood or breath, refuse that and you get 6 points on your license and automatic suspension of your license for 1yr, then they get the warrant for the blood draw. As far as interlocks go, you do not have to get one installed even if ordered to do on any of your vehicles, however one must be installed on any vehicle you drive. But if you refused the test that was offered, then you don't have to worry about an interlock as you won't have a license anyways. Refuse the road side tests, no problem, refusing the road side PBT will result in a $100 civil infraction.

Drop the "I am a mooslum" card and you'll get a congrats, are you going to take the test or not?
Old 01-20-2017, 02:11 PM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Same thing here in Ontario. refuse or fail to properly complete the test - auto dui.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:42 PM
m3driver
Racer

Originally Posted by AWDGuy
Same thing here in Ontario. refuse or fail to properly complete the test - auto dui.
It's not an auto DUI, but Michigan has an implied constant law, meaning once you sign for your drivers license, you consent to complied with all lawful orders during a traffic stop. Hence losing your lisence regardless of the outcome of the DUI case, sober or not. So even if you refuse, your blood is sent to the MSP for analysis. Then those results are presented in court as evidence. From there people usually challenge the legality of the stop, because you can't challenge the blood test results. Well you can try, but good luck getting those thrown out.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:42 PM
stvsxm
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Bedard
Yes it was DUI, i was just a little bit over the .08 limit (.105). The company that install the InterLock in my region cannot install it into a 911. i need the harness from the dealership to be install before the interlock device. 1900$ is only for the harness so i need to add the 300$ for the interlock installation + the 125$ monthly fees for 9 months.

I admit that i got what i deserved, im not proud of it, but i need to live with it now and im not ashamed of it.

would it make sense to buy some reasonably priced beater that requires a cheap and basic installation and just use that until youre time is up ? why take the chance cutting up your good car ? spend 2 grand on an Altima or something, 500 to install the rig, then when youre done sell the Altima off and that's that. Porsche remains intact...
Old 01-20-2017, 07:19 PM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

m3driver a cop or state atty? I get a johnny law vibe from her, black/white view of the law & willingness to be a ***** in any situation
Old 01-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

He is insurance agent ^^
Old 01-20-2017, 07:26 PM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

That fits even better. I knew the sense of entitlement came from somewhere.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:54 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 112 Posts

FWIW here in Melbourne it's 0.05 BA and its a second offence that you get the interlocking device installed by the state rather than having to organise it yourself. I'd have nightmares of some dodgy installer drilling holes into my dashboard and chopping up my wiring loom.

It's taken very seriously here in Australia as it's a problem. Interesting situation, at least it didn't end in tragedy. If in doubt uber is the way to go, best of luck sorting it out.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:01 PM
m3driver
Racer

I have AAA, if I ended up getting tanked while I'm out driving, I call AAA and tell them my car is broke, it's gets towed home and I get a ride from the tow truck driver. Then when I wake up, I'm home, the car is home, and everyone is happy
Old 01-20-2017, 08:10 PM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by m3driver
I have AAA, if I ended up getting tanked while I'm out driving, I call AAA and tell them my car is broke, it's gets towed home and I get a ride from the tow truck driver. Then when I wake up, I'm home, the car is home, and everyone is happy
classy as f*ck
Old 01-20-2017, 08:30 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by dan_189

It's taken very seriously here in Australia as it's a problem. Interesting situation, at least it didn't end in tragedy. If in doubt uber is the way to go, best of luck sorting it out.
What chaps my hide is the fixed DUI checkpoints. I have been through 3 of them and I am only a rare visitor. I had to stop at one in Rockport. They had a line of > 15 cars backed up for the blow in the tube deal. I was going to back up, cross the median and go the other way, but figured that would be frowned upon.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:58 PM
m3driver
Racer

Originally Posted by TonyTwoBags
classy as f*ck
I don't care how people see it, keeps me out of jail and having to pay for a DUI
Old 01-20-2017, 10:18 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalashnikov
But... but... I see the gov't drawing blood from Muslims all the time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHhLqKwW_UY
Old 01-20-2017, 10:31 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got an idea.... how about just don't drink and drive.

Quick Reply: Wiring for breath analyser