Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NEW SPONSOR: Reproduction Window Stickers!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 07:37 PM
StuttgartStudios
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile NEW SPONSOR: Reproduction Window Stickers!

Greetings 993ers,

Loooooooong overdue, but it's great to finally be a site sponsor here on Rennlist. Been wanting to make it happen for the longest time, but I've been up to my butt in alligators and the Tax Man took a mouthful out of me earlier in the month. Many of you know me as UDPride, a Rennlist Lifetime Member since 2003. I've helped many of you with reproduction window stickers in the past on a more informal basis via Stuttgart Studios, but now we're officially on Rennlist and we can talk shop.

Chances are you know someone on Rennlist that's already received a reproduction window sticker from us, and if so, I will let them do the "big sales pitch" because they can speak to the product far better and more impartially than I ever could. Here's the deal: I'm not a salesperson. I'd make a lousy one even if I was. Sure, I can tell you how great they are and how everyone that buys one is a happy customer -- but that's what every business man is going to say. Talk to those that already have one. More importantly, ask them about the experience and service during the process. They will tell you everything you need to know and everything I want you to hear, whether it an owner, re-seller, or dealer that's ordered our product.

Yeah yeah yeah, Chris. Enough with the jibber jabber. Where we going with this?

What is Stuttgart Studios?

Hundreds of fellow Porsche owners are already sporting our stickers at car shows, concours, or in a frame on the garage wall. They are a great addition to any owner looking to document their vehicle, or just show off their pride and joy as it was delivered from the dealership at the time of sale.

For all of you 993ers, that means vehicles from 1995 to 1998. We've done tons of 993s. Too many to count. Cabs, C4Ss, Targas, Turbo Ss, and so on. And there's a good chance we can do your 993 as well if you're missing your original window sticker and would like a replacement that looks like the one that went adios sometime in the past.

What are my window sticker options?

We offer three levels depending on your needs:

1. $129.95* - Plain paper copy, printed on DuoMatte 80 acid-free 80# paper to the exact dimensions and trim as your original window sticker

2. $144.95* - Print + Lamination (5mil). Great for using out "in the field", such as show n' shines and concours.

3. $199.95* - Print + Custom double-matted framing. For those who want to make their window sticker a true conversation piece in the home or garage.

* + shipping

It all depends on what your proposed intentions are for the window sticker. Not sure which makes more sense? Just ask and I can help steer you in the right direction.

What is this MOTIF stuff?

MOTIF is our way of providing an additional layer of period-correct digital aging to the creation process to make a 20-year old window sticker look 20 years-old. We offer more than a dozen MOTIF options -- and all can be combined to form over 4,000 possibilities. Our Photoshop-created layers work extremely well on older cars and are the choice of owners who concours their older vehicles in front of judges. If you're not sure if this option is appropriate for your car, just ask and I can provide additional advice and direction.

OK. I want a Window Sticker. What do you need from me?

It's pretty simple. The more information about your 993 that you can provide, the faster and easier it is to reproduce it. We do not look up VINs and pull your data, but there are online options available to retrieve your vehicle data should you be without it.

We typically need an owner to provide the following:

1. Year/Model Type
2. VIN
3. A photo of the options code sticker*
4. Original sold-by dealership**
5. If you have a COA, that's even better. Cha ching!

* You can usually find your options code sticker on the underside of the frunk, or alternatively, a second copy is oftentimes located on the first few pages of your manual. If you still come up empty, Suncoast Porsche provides a convenient and inexpensive ($10) lookup service and they can pull your options for you:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/VIN.html

** Your sold-by dealership can be located on the first few pages of your manual/warranty book by searching for a dealer stamp. You may also be able to back-track the sold-by dealership through vehicle history reports such as CarFax, or through your maintenance records.

How long does it take to create a window sticker?

Okay folks here's the deal. Every car is different and that makes what we do a considerable challenge. We don't have the economy-of-scale to stamp out the same widget twice (or 5,000 times) because your Porsche is most likely 1 of 1. That said, once we have all the information needed to reproduce the sticker (and we'll confirm that information w/you before proceeding), it usually takes a week or so to produce the artwork, print, (laminate or frame), and get it shipped. Some take a bit longer, some shorter.

What if we can't dig up all the information?

Occasionally, things hit a roadblock and important pieces of information are difficult to retrieve -- either the owner can't provide the information or Stuttgart Studios is missing a piece of syntax or pricing. While our archives of pricing, options, and window sticker proofs are the largest anywhere, sometimes there's a goofy Special Wish/Exclusive X- or Z-code option that is nearly unheard of -- Porsche has a habit of making things up on the fly at times when folks said "money is no object". We'll let you know right away if there's a hitch in the giddyup.

Let's light this candle. What do I need to do?

Fill out our Getting Started form on our web site located here:
http://www.stuttgartstudios.com/get-started/

...and send us important information about your vehicle. Including photos of your options code sticker, Porsche COA, or other information helps expedite the R&D process considerably. There is no such thing as having too much information.
--------

GROUP BUY/DISCOUNT FOR RENNLIST MEMBERS ONLY:

We've never discounted our product before because every window sticker is truly 1 of 1, however to get this party started, we'll offer a 10% DISCOUNT on SIX OR MORE COMPLETED ORDERS. If you're interested in a window sticker, just let me know in the thread and we'll keep track of the numbers and give everyone the discount accordingly when it's time to break bread. Use "993RENNLIST" in the Reference Code box of the Getting Started form.

VISIT US ON THE WEB AT HTTP://WWW.STUTTGARTSTUDIOS.COM

Read our FAQs, learn about the creation process, browse our portfolio, and learn more about MOTIF. I encourage you to visit our web site as it will answer 95% of the questions you might have.

LEGAL MUMBO JUMBO: Stuttgart Studios reproduction window stickers are for novelty purposes only and are not meant to be misrepresented as the original. We expect all owners to represent the stickers as reproductions for their own use, or for any other purpose, including but not limited to representing the sticker to a third-party.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:31 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Nice intro, Chris. I have one of your pieces from a few years ago.

Andreas
Old 04-28-2016, 11:39 PM
simpsoap
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Very cool, I may have to look more into this. Welcome aboard!

-Andy
Old 04-29-2016, 06:31 AM
4X4SCHE
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have my original, but why anyone would want a counterfeit is beyond me.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:46 AM
Grapeape
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 4X4SCHE
I don't have my original, but why anyone would want a counterfeit is beyond me.
He's not selling as original so reproduction is more accurate.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:53 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can't believe this. & a rennlist sponsor.

ahem john... jen???

fwiw back in the PayItForward days of rennlist guys would do photo shop stuff for free or for cost. but this is actually a deceptive service imho.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:06 AM
StuttgartStudios
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Deceptive? Hardly. These are reproductions, are labeled reproductions, and are marketed as such. There is only one original. When its gone its gone. To many, it's entirely unimportant. To many others, it is. No more no less.

Pay it forward? The Rennlist templates you reference had about 85 errors on them (improper syntax, pagination, pricing, indentation, option order listing, dealer information, EPA information for 6-spds but not Tiptronics, did not accurately reproduce manufacturer grammatical errors, omissions, and golden eggs, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc). Some people demand more. Some don't. Do they print them for you-- to scale of course? Laminate them? Frame them? Advise you that your PCNA COA is incorrect or PCA build sheet lists incorrect option code descriptions? And did they design one sticker layout for one person or one specific type of vehicle, or did they work diligently for free for the Rennlist Pay it Forward Award by re-redrawing and archiving all the pricing and options for over a dozen layouts and dozens of vehicles over four decades to appease every Rennlist forum and subforum just in case someone asked for a 997TT sticker with wheels painted exterior color and deviated stitching on the steering column casing?

I'm a Lifetime Rennlist Member. I've met John. If you aren't interested, fairly well and leave it at that. However, hundreds of Porsche owners enjoy our product for a myriad of reasons -- reasons important to their ownership experience and lifestyle. Unhappy customers -- I don't have 'em. Because I don't allow it. My reputation is all I have, and while I don't have much, there's a gaggle of Rennlisters, dealers, and collectors with more cars than Jerry Seinfeld that disagree with your assessment. No enterprise is all things to all people. We should all respect that.

I'm a big believer in paying it forward. Ive provided more pay it forward advice and "shop talk" to Porsche owners with questions about the history of their cars to last multiple lifetimes. It's why I answer email at 3am with 1000-word responses to a 50-word question where there is no payoff but an opportunity to help a fellow Porsche owner discover something new about their vehicle or shine a light on a burning question filled with historical ambiguity. I often set my paying work aside to do just that. I spent 30 minutes last week on the phone with a guy bringing an American 930 back from Europe doing just that. He didn't want a window sticker and I never tried to up-sell him one. Just two Porsche guys breaking bread and sharing intel.

It's called the cost of doing business. At least the right way. The way I was taught.

So disappointed in your response.

Andreas- Great to hear from you. Hope you and your PS 993 are doing well.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:11 AM
sdm100
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 108 Posts

I appreciate an entrepreneur. If you don't like it then don't buy. Insulting someone who comes up with an idea and markets it is childish. So I'm in for one
Old 04-30-2016, 10:49 AM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Nice intro, Chris. I have one of your pieces from a few years ago.

Andreas
As do I. Chris does great work. Mine is laminated and used as part of my display at events. Pretty cool
Old 04-30-2016, 11:15 AM
centerpunch
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 123 Posts

What a great idea, I'm in! I'll order after I receive the COA I just ordered.

When I bought my C4 last year, the seller said he had the window sticker.

But when I got the car, neither it, NOR the wheel lock keys, were there.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:40 PM
makemann
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought one from Chris and was extremely satisfied with the reproduction Monroney sticker.

After contacting the original owner of my car, he told me that he purchased it from a different dealership than the one I told Chris. Chris changed it to the new one and shipped a replacement to me instantly. Great customer service!
Old 05-01-2016, 01:07 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 86 Posts

Great idea. I may get one and frame it. The original is in my records but it was sun damaged past being able to decipher.

G
Old 05-01-2016, 02:35 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 434 Likes on 272 Posts

I'm a very satisfied customer. Chris is a historian. He doesn't just crank this stuff out like a "puppy mill". When we purchased our C2S, there was no Monroney sticker and, after exhausting all avenues, I contacted Chris. With the information on the underhood options sticker, he was able to correctly determine exactly how it would've appeared for that time frame, even back-dating the dealership's correct name at the time of sale. He even caught a couple of errors that PCNA made on the COA. I contacted them and they agreed, then sent me a corrected copy. No, it's not the original but it's the next best thing. Yesterday, we displayed in the "Fairway Club" at the Pinehurst Concours and many observers took a look at the sticker.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:29 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@ StuttgartStudios:

if you were legally granted permission to use the Porsche logo and logotype on your window stickers then go for it. the op did not come across this way.

for those who do not know COA is $100 ($110 if not a pca member last i checked) and this is a signed and an official document from PCNA.

flame on.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:51 PM
centerpunch
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 123 Posts

No flames needed, you're doing pretty well all by yourself.

Quick Reply: NEW SPONSOR: Reproduction Window Stickers!