Got screamed at this morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Ah... I see. We should drop any further consideration of this Dana Camanara guy. He's a hater in general, and especially a Porsche hater. I doubt he has one, he just dropped in to stir things up here.

Here is a list of 49 of his posts on Disqus. 90% of more of it is worded in typical hater-speak.

https://disqus.com/by/danacamanara/comments/

Again: Haters will hate.
Woah. Major issues there.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:39 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

It looks like some posters are a little sensitive.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:42 PM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dana Camanara
I have to say as a long time owner of Porsche and Corvette who has enjoyed and appreciated both cars for years, you do nothing but perpetuate the perception of the condescending, smug attitude of Porsche owners. That's really too bad, be careful, the new Corvette is winning over Porsche owners in a way never seen before. You might have to wake up and realize the new vettes are kicking your a$$, especially when your Porsche buddies are buying them and showing up at PCA track events and blowing by you. Hopefully, they won't relegate your Porsche to the junkyard.
I could care less if it was a Corvette or a Honda or another Porsche revving his obnoxious straight pipe around the neighborhood. I already know that Corvette are fast cars, and yet, I bought a Porsche not to say "i'm faster than you", but for it's beautiful shape. Have some
Old 01-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Ah... I see. We should drop any further consideration of this Dana Camanara guy. He's a hater in general, and especially a Porsche hater. I doubt he has one, he just dropped in to stir things up here.

Here is a list of 49 of his posts on Disqus. 90% of more of it is worded in typical hater-speak.

https://disqus.com/by/danacamanara/comments/

Again: Haters will hate.
Wow....someone is a little bitter...

Did Ferdinand Porsche kill one of his family members years ago or something? Sometimes you just need to let go of your hate...
Old 01-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

And the guy joins rennlist this month just to post in this thread? Does he spend his hours alone just surfing for any Corvette references in non-Vette forums?
Old 01-07-2017, 03:01 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I gotta admit close around my home base I tend to keep my speeds down. I also am a wee-bit lucky as on my Cul-de-sac I have two Lambo's and a 458 Spyder, also a couple of Vettes, so I am not the fastest looking, nor the loudest. But we all keep our speeds down, lots of kids and dogs to watch out for. The worst for actual speeding are the moms in the Escalades taking the kids to school, or sporting events etc. I'll see if I can find it, but I have a GoPro video of a drive this last fall in France, where I came around a 2 lane highway corner, going a bit fast in Box-GTS with the PSE on. There was a walking group of maybe 6 adults, I was able to easily miss them, but I got a group single finger wave. I think they also swore at me in French. I waved back with all five fingers
Old 01-07-2017, 04:29 PM
AF330i
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Code
For real man! Looks like the pic was taken on the set of "The Walking Dead"? lol
LMAO ... it sure does !!
Old 01-07-2017, 11:06 PM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Maybe I missed something but aren't you the one who called the cops and wasted their time over this trivial event? (IMHO)
I'll PM you
Old 01-08-2017, 02:46 AM
babyjocko
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
^ this

Trolls gonna troll.

I've owned both Corvettes (a C5 and a C6) and 911s and each make has its strengths and weaknesses - and they all were a lot of fun to own and drive.

He was definitely overreacting. I read nothing in the original post that I saw as a slam on Corvettes.
Perhaps you misread. He quoted a poster saying he hoped the Vette with the POS exhaust goes to the junkyard. That sounds rather insulting to me even if its not his Vette that has the "POS" exhaust.

He didn't overreact and was not too sensitive. Instead it is many Porsche owners on this board that are sensitive and overreact when anyone even implies a 911 is not the most fantastic car in the world.

Perhaps, posters here should just ease up and take what you can from this message board and realize there are great cars in the world other than a 911.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:50 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by babyjocko

Perhaps, posters here should just ease up and take what you can from this message board and realize there are great cars in the world other than a 911.
WHAT??? Blasphemy!!!
Old 01-08-2017, 11:29 AM
fast1
Race Car

Now this is a good example of why I frequently visit this forum. It's to be informed.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by babyjocko
Perhaps you misread. He quoted a poster saying he hoped the Vette with the POS exhaust goes to the junkyard. That sounds rather insulting to me even if its not his Vette that has the "POS" exhaust.

He didn't overreact and was not too sensitive. Instead it is many Porsche owners on this board that are sensitive and overreact when anyone even implies a 911 is not the most fantastic car in the world.

Anyone who owns a 911, purchased with their own money, knows that a 911 is overpriced. And that Porsche gouges you on the options.

Yet we buy them anyway.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 86 Posts

Something useful: Our cars allow you to set the cruise control at very low speeds, like 25 mph. I have to do this all the time on a particularly long, low speed road that is highly radar patrolled.

Something entertaining: I am aware of over a dozen bicycle/pedestrian and car incidents. Every one of the involved cyclists/walkers were injured, being very hostile at the driver, and blaming the driver for the incident. And in every case, the cyclist/walker was at fault and was fined. It's funny how pedestrians think they have the right of way everywhere they walk, and it's hilarious watching them get popped for j-walking when there is a cross walk two car lengths away. Know the law and follow the law, traffic moves much better that way
Old 01-08-2017, 12:04 PM
fast1
Race Car

It's funny how pedestrians think they have the right of way everywhere they walk
Don't know about you, but as far as I'm concerned pedestrians have the right of way everywhere they walk. For example about ten years ago I saw a pedestrian walking across an expressway. I immediately put on my emergency flashers and slowed considerably, although pedestrians aren't supposed to be walking across expressways. I was later to find out that the pedestrian was highly intoxicated and arrested by the police.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
Don't know about you, but as far as I'm concerned pedestrians have the right of way everywhere they walk. For example about ten years ago I saw a pedestrian walking across an expressway. I immediately put on my emergency flashers and slowed considerably, although pedestrians aren't supposed to be walking across expressways. I was later to find out that the pedestrian was highly intoxicated and arrested by the police.
I agree. My feeling is that if I am driving a 1 - 2 ton vehicle that can easily kill or cripple a pedestrian or cyclist, they have the right of way. That however, does not mean they are right all the time - sometimes they are just stupid (or inebriated, have medical issues, or just not paying attention).

Quick Reply: Got screamed at this morning