Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detailing/Cleaning supplies

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 09:02 PM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I was hoping for a 1 product solution for the interior because i'm not sure which panel is leather vs. vinyl. I do know the seat is leather

Is there an interior picture chart that show which part is leather vs. vinyl?

thanks in advance,

Originally Posted by trucheli
I have tried most of the detailing products in the market and I have decided that if ain't broken don't fix it. Sonax and Einzett are my to go products for the interior. For Vinyl I use Sonax Dashboard Matte Finish which I consider better than Cockpit Premium. I use CP for the rest of the the car. For leather I use Sonax Foam Leather Cleaner and Masters Leather Cream.

I only use 303 on exteriror and engine.

Hope this help.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by MinMay
Any recommendation on our interior? mixture of leather and vinyl?

Should i wipe it with 303 on everything inside?
That's what I do.... use 303 on everything inside the car. With the Targa, I figure the UV protection in the 303 can't hurt. I was surprised it even works well on the plastic trim pieces.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:20 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Nice thread. Thanks for the info.

Anything specific to use or stay away from for the Alcantara interior on the seats?
Old 10-05-2016, 12:13 AM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
Hey, I hear people recommend their wheel protectant for brake dust.
Armor All out last brake dust repellent works great. I was told that it is very acidic. You don't want to get it on your discs or rotors. I e-mailed Armor All and they confirmed that it can damage those areas. I cover my brakes with a towel. Some people pull the wheels but that is a bit much. I don't dd and it lasts me for months. The California Duster is a great tool. Rain of coarse would change that. When I did wash the car I was surprised at how much the wheels beaded up.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:06 AM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveRiversGTS
Nice thread. Thanks for the info.

Anything specific to use or stay away from for the Alcantara interior on the seats?
This is what I use on the Alcántara liners.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/prod...antara-cleaner
Old 10-05-2016, 08:07 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by RONGLOS
Armor All out last brake dust repellent works great. I was told that it is very acidic. You don't want to get it on your discs or rotors. I e-mailed Armor All and they confirmed that it can damage those areas.
I've been using the Armor All Outlast (prior name was A.A. Wheel Protectant) for about 6 years with excellent results. I find your comment about "very acidic" to be hard to believe. Who told you this? Are you sure? I also get overspray all over my brake rotors, with little concern, and can't possibly see how this could cause any ill effects.

$5 Rebate here:

http://www.armorall.com/sites/defaul...DustRep_BK.pdf
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2016, 03:22 PM
cliffd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Ammo NYC, good product and great videos on how to use.
https://www.ammonyc.com/
Old 10-06-2016, 05:05 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

[QUOTE=LexVan;13653209]I've been using the Armor All Outlast (prior name was A.A. Wheel Protectant) for about 6 years with excellent results. I find your comment about "very acidic" to be hard to believe. Who told you this? Are you sure? I also get overspray all over my brake rotors, with little concern, and can't possibly see how this could cause any ill effects.

As you can see from my post, Armor All responded to my concern about brake damage. I think it is a great product and I will continue to use it. Not difficult to cover the brakes. I'm glad that you have not had any issues. Have you been applying protectant to the same car for 6 years or many. My SA at Porsche made the acidic comment. I have no way to contest his statement is the reason I e-mailed Armor All customer support. Maybe you can ask them and see if you get a different answer.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:14 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane (D5) This what Armor All brake dust repellent is.
D5 is not expected to have oxidising properties. Way too much info but bottom line it seems to be harmless.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Armor All outlast does nothing at all to your rotors or calipers. And it's rubbed off the rotors the first time you brake anyway.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:39 PM
MinMay
Instructor

What do guys think about Sonax Wheel Cleaner? I have read in other forums that the product does harm to the BBK.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

P21s is really good value. Their pricier carnuaba wax is a lot less expensive than other premium waxes and is excellent.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:32 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Armor All outlast does nothing at all to your rotors or calipers. And it's rubbed off the rotors the first time you brake anyway.
Arch, I was waiting for you to chime in. Thanks!

Originally Posted by MinMay
What do guys think about Sonax Wheel Cleaner? I have read in other forums that the product does harm to the BBK.
I never use wheel cleaners. If you have your wheels properly coated (RejeX Wax and Optimum Gloss Coat are 2 excellent choices) all you ever need to wash your wheels is warm soapy water. For any tough spots, I spot clean with RejeX or a citrus degreaser on a small cloth. Wheels cleaners are an expense easily avoided with proper prep.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:40 PM
Jvmorrow
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2 cents, many good products have been mentioned in this post. I believe its mostly about how often and technique. Armed with the proper technique and knowledge you can use any of the quality products/applicators with great results.

Select a couple products and watch some youtube videos, and you will be set.

Enjoy!
Old 10-13-2016, 10:32 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

What are some recommendations for car polisher/buffers for less than $100?

Quick Reply: Detailing/Cleaning supplies