Sponsored by:

Porsche Tire and Wheel Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 11:57 PM
Dbull65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Porsche Tire and Wheel Insurance

Yes, I got it, and thankfully I did. Last month I had a nail in my right rear tire. I was able to add air and it held, I drove to the dealership and they replaced the right rear tire, saving me $476. then today while driving home from seeing Suicide Squad (decent movie), I cut the left rear tire on the freeway. I pulled over, called Porsche Roadside Assistance and they dispatched a tow truck and called an Uber for us. The Uber ride home was a long one, I live and hour and a half south of San Antonio. Now they will be replacing my left rear tire! So far it has been worth it. Overall it was not a horrible experience and I am glad I had the Roadside Assistance and the Wheel and Tire protection.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:14 AM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I had a puncture last month which I plugged and got a new tire today. I didn't buy the warranty.

In regards to your scenario:

1) Did they tow to your dealer (of choice) or closest?

2) Who paid for the Uber?
Old 08-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Dbull65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveRiversGTS
Sorry to hear that. I had a puncture last month which I plugged and got a new tire today. I didn't buy the warranty.

In regards to your scenario:

1) Did they tow to your dealer (of choice) or closest?

2) Who paid for the Uber?
The only dealership in San Antonio, which would also be my dealer of choice was closed, they towed it to the towing yard and will deliver it to San Antonio Porsche on Monday.

Porsche paid for the Uber. There was no cost out of my pocket. it just took an extra couple of hours to get home. Bottom line is that I will now have two brand new tires on the rear of my 911. The weird thing was a lot of people were driving by as the car was being loaded on the tow truck and they honked. It is like they enjoyed seeing an expensive car being towed. I guess they did not realize that it was just a flat.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Dirac
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbull65
....The weird thing was a lot of people were driving by as the car was being loaded on the tow truck and they honked. It is like they enjoyed seeing an expensive car being towed. I guess they did not realize that it was just a flat.
I'm coming to the realization that this stuff is not weird. I have not previously owned a Porsche before (Lexus ISF, Audi RS5, Lexus RCF). I've had my 911 for a month. In that time I've been challenged and harassed by motorcyclists and pickup trucks. I had the driver of a van full of boy scouts make eye contact and then pull out right in front of me from the boy scout camp. I've had people deliberately go out of their way to park right next to me after I had parked waaay out in the parking lot rows away from anyone else. What is it about a Porsche that causes an a$$hole convention to convene?

Good move on the wheel and tire insurance. I had it on my RCF and had a similar experience as you. The Lexus insurance however, also paid for curb rash repairs which the Porsche insurance does not.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:13 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts

If you read the policy clearly it also covers aftermarket and like wheels along with replacement tires for the period of the coverage. Meaning you have tire and wheel protection for all wheels and tires you buy. Good deal if you ask me.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirac
I'm coming to the realization that this stuff is not weird. I have not previously owned a Porsche before (Lexus ISF, Audi RS5, Lexus RCF). I've had my 911 for a month. In that time I've been challenged and harassed by motorcyclists and pickup trucks. I had the driver of a van full of boy scouts make eye contact and then pull out right in front of me from the boy scout camp. I've had people deliberately go out of their way to park right next to me after I had parked waaay out in the parking lot rows away from anyone else. What is it about a Porsche that causes an a$$hole convention to convene?

Good move on the wheel and tire insurance. I had it on my RCF and had a similar experience as you. The Lexus insurance however, also paid for curb rash repairs which the Porsche insurance does not.

In women, it's ***** envy.
In drivers, it's Porsche envy.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:27 PM
My 911
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It's better to keep your money in your pocket rather than give it to the dealer up front. They make a lot of money selling "peace of mind".
Old 10-15-2018, 12:25 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

My 911, I normally agree with you and I stated that to my Sales person and that I didn't want any of that extra crap the finance people try and push. Because I did, he offered tire, rims and windshield for price of windshield so I said ok.
Nail in the tire Friday, tire replaced for a deductible of $50 so saved me almost 500.
Also got a rock Thursday morning, bounced off hood (damage to clear bra) and then hit windshield which left a white mark. This could lead to crack initiation so if I get a cracked windshield in next 3 years, this policy will pay for itself.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:52 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by My 911
It's better to keep your money in your pocket rather than give it to the dealer up front. They make a lot of money selling "peace of mind".
Awesome 2nd post. 2 year old thread at that. What would we do without your sage advise?
Old 10-16-2018, 09:09 AM
Peter80
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Dent Wizard (DW Ventures)

Originally Posted by 81911
Awesome 2nd post. 2 year old thread at that. What would we do without your sage advise?
Yeah, I've got the alloy insurance. In UK this is from third party insurer although sold by official porsche dealer. On face value, very good deal and convenient, only need 2 or 3 scuffs over 3 years to get money back. However, you ring them, they authorise Dent Wizard charlatans. A week later they ring you (or they're supposed to but you need to ring them) and get an appointment a month later, then they don't show. They tell you the technician was sick or there was a problem with the booking system and rebook for another month. I've just had three such no shows, Aug 22nd, Sept 8th and 2nd Oct. Now they're coming 18th Oct and I'm told they will come this time after I've kicked up such a stink with both Dent Wizard and the Car Care Plan insurer. Meanwhile I've driven my lovely new car throughout the summer with a scabbed alloy, showing people I'm a clown driver and taken 3 days off work waiting for them. I should have just paid locally and fixed it. My advice to anyone, at least in UK, if you're offered this, check who they contract with. I was also sold cosmetic body panel insurance with another insurer (yes, I am a clown driver) and they are brilliant using a first class mobile outfit called Shine. But Dent Wizard are a bloody nightmare.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:40 AM
Peter80
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=Dirac;13509042]I'm coming to the realization that this stuff is not weird. I have not previously owned a Porsche before (Lexus ISF, Audi RS5, Lexus RCF). I've had my 911 for a month. In that time I've been challenged and harassed by motorcyclists and pickup trucks. I had the driver of a van full of boy scouts make eye contact and then pull out right in front of me from the boy scout camp. I've had people deliberately go out of their way to park right next to me after I had parked waaay out in the parking lot rows away from anyone else. What is it about a Porsche that causes an a$$hole convention to convene?

Interesting then that in US as well as UK. Thought old adage that in US, a young lad sees a Cadillac, looks up with respect and and says, 'Wow, when I make some bucks, that's what I'm gonna have'. In the UK, similar lad spots a Rolls Royce will spit and say 'Look at that ******, how come he's got that and I haven't''. I've really noticed here that since I traded the Boxster for a 911, the envy mob have got worse.

Quick Reply: Porsche Tire and Wheel Insurance