Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The other side: grass is greener or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 10:27 AM
elitex
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
Just a quick update, a test orange huracan went over my sloping pathway and got parked in my garage without much problem today. It seems like with the lifter on, it has much higher ground clearance than 991. I was also a bit surprised that in cruising mode, it has about the same sound as my 991 PSE in sport mode. Guess only thing left is $ issue - will negotiate if they can give better deals than now.
Very nice! Which color are you thinking about buying?
Old 05-30-2016, 10:34 AM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Porsche TTS
Old 05-30-2016, 05:39 PM
roadwellheeled
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll say this, I'm a Porsche guy because I'm not a modern lambo or Ferrari guy. Sure the engine sounds are intoxicating but a TTS flat 6 isn't exactly a Prius in any regard.

I prefer to arrive in a low(er) key manner
Old 05-30-2016, 10:46 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by elitex
Very nice! Which color are you thinking about buying?
The one they have in stock is white huracan with titanium wheel and green calipers. The only downside is its rotors (fronts are aluminum cast, backs are steel). I really wanted the ceramic (CCB).
Old 05-30-2016, 11:36 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Isn't there a Lambo forum you can go to and stop bothering us? www.$4koilchange.com or something?
Old 05-31-2016, 12:00 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Isn't there a Lambo forum you can go to and stop bothering us? www.$4koilchange.com or something?
Congrats, with just 2 sentences, you successfully made yourself look like a dork LOL

And sorry dewinator, I don't talk to non-paid member with attitude, especially nobody elected you to represent the whole rennlister. People here know about cars and seems to be less prejudice about other brands, which is why I still hang around here for almost 10 years now.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:11 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I have an idea. Don't click the thread.

I've quite enjoyed the discussion and clearly many others have as well.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:31 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Haters gonna hate!

Love these first world problems threads! They are inspiring, actually. I would be hard pressed to pass on 458 ferrari. It is just gorgeous and for that money I wouldn't mind the attention from an exotic.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:59 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Actually have really mixed feeling about this, but I can't justify keeping 991 and huracan at the same time $ wise due to yearly inspection cost and gazillion of taxes here.
I also have a couple of F cars for weekend fun, but deciding on this one is the toughest and it is starting to bother my sleep.
How come when you post on the Turbo forum, you own a couple Ferraris as well, but on here if you buy a Lambo, you have to give up the 991 because of yearly inspection costs?
Old 05-31-2016, 04:30 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

How come when you post on the Turbo forum, you own a couple Ferraris as well, but on here if you buy a Lambo, you have to give up the 991 because of yearly inspection costs?
Because F cars are collectable & hold their value well vs taxes unlike my C2? Like I said I don't talk to non-paid member with attitude
Old 05-31-2016, 09:58 AM
elitex
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Because F cars are collectable & hold their value well vs taxes unlike my C2? Like I said I don't talk to non-paid member with attitude
Ignore him. Some people can't fathom that you're considering another brand. I went through the same thing @ Audi forum when I was switching to BMW. But people are much better here than over at Audizine. It's a cult over there.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:52 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Of course I'm the sucker for replying though.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:20 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by elitex
Ignore him. Some people can't fathom that you're considering another brand. I went through the same thing @ Audi forum when I was switching to BMW. But people are much better here than over at Audizine. It's a cult over there.
Nah, I don't care about them at all. I think it's just pure jealousy from human nature hiding behind Internet and I don't blame them for that. People aren't perfect.

Anyway, just a few things to tidy up now, will take a trip to the dealer again sometimes this week to take some pics of the new car. Once it's in my garage (prob takes 2-3 weeks for prep & reg), I'll put up some more photos.

Couldn't have done this without you guys, I truly appreciate your thoughts. If I don't like the lambo eventually, I can always trade it for tts and returns to the community.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:51 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,131 Likes on 676 Posts

Nah, I don't care about them at all. I think it's just pure jealousy from human nature hiding behind Internet and I don't blame them for that. People aren't perfect.

Anyway, just a few things to tidy up now, will take a trip to the dealer again sometimes this week to take some pics of the new car. Once it's in my garage (prob takes 2-3 weeks for prep & reg), I'll put up some more photos.

Couldn't have done this without you guys, I truly appreciate your thoughts. If I don't like the lambo eventually, I can always trade it for tts and returns to the community.
Awesome. Any good roads to open it up in Japan?
Old 05-31-2016, 11:14 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Awesome. Any good roads to open it up in Japan?
On public roads, sadly nope without risking of chopping someone or going over the cliff...But, that is what so good about the car, it sounds awesome even at slow speed. I am thinking to take it to fuji speedway or suzuka circuit for some drifting once I have done the breakin period.

Quick Reply: The other side: grass is greener or not?